Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-07-2006, 7:08 PM Reply   
Hello, we are pretty sure we are going to buy a Malibu V-Ride, 2005, 3 ballasts, wedge,wakeboard pro

We just want to make sure that it is great for everything we like to do - Wakeboarding and Surfing at the top of our list and some slalom as well. Has anyone rode behind one? We will be unable to test drive it as it is too cold here still so we really value any opinions. Wake size? Handling? etc.
Thanks Tanya}
Old    mendo247            02-07-2006, 7:19 PM Reply   
Awesmoe boat!! With one of the best wakes ever!! I have a friend who has the same hull and slaloms before he weights up and he seems to do just fine..
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-08-2006, 7:53 AM Reply   
Wake size is the same as the 2004 VLX...it has the same hull design.

Wake is phenominal especially with a 500 pound sac in the nose (they added this as an option the next year)

I'll post some surfing and riding pics later
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-08-2006, 12:15 PM Reply   
Just to clarify, the 2005-up VLX have the bow ballast option. The V-Ride still doesn't have this option.

Yeah, the wake is great. I met Bret van den Heuvel at the Seattle Boat show and his last boat was a 2003 VLX, so he's a pro that's been riding and practicing behind this hull for several years. I think that says something.

Now, as for slalom, I can't say because I do not ski. I don't think it's going to be as good as a dedicated ski boat. The boat is made to make waves.
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-08-2006, 1:42 PM Reply   
Thanks for the replies. My husband was starting to stress because we pick it up in Edmonton in March and have never been behind one. He demoed a MC Prostar with a buddy and it looked like a lot of whitewash for surfing so he didn't want ours to be the same.

He is excited again.
Tan

Oops double posted

(Message edited by bfa on February 08, 2006)
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-08-2006, 1:44 PM Reply   
Thanks for the replies. My husband was starting to stress because we pick it up in Edmonton in March and have never been behind one. He demoed a MC Prostar with a buddy and it looked like a lot of whitewash for surfing so he didn't want ours to be the same.

He is excited again.

The Malibu people have been great to deal with.
Tan