Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-24-2006, 5:56 PM Reply   
I was cleaning out the boat today, when I came upon a pair of sandals. Must have been left there saturday 15th. If you can describe said footwear, they must be yours :-)

I'm pretty sure I know who they belong to.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-24-2006, 6:17 PM Reply   
The reason I lost weight was because look at the name on the side of Alex and Doreens boat. Like how I got Doreen's name in there.Upload
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-24-2006, 6:30 PM Reply   
OMG! Is that really me wakeboarding??!! YOU GUYS MAKE IT LOOK SO EASY!!! This was only my third time. I prayed and prayed I wouldn't fall considering I put my foot in my mouth by saying I wanted to wakeboard. So naturaly with my best foot forward, or was it goofy foot?, I toughed it out and got out there. What a different view from when you're driving the boat! There was no way I was going anywhere near that wake, but with the crew cheering me on, or at least it sounded that way...maybe it was just the roar of the SANTE, I ventured heelside outside the wake. That was fine, however each time I tried toeside to cross the wake...POW! Phew, I need to work on my edge! I'll be just as good as Michele in no time. Pink board and binding here I come!! I think I have a wakeboard fever. Is it Saturday yet??!!

Jim B that video was so funny. Michael Jackson's been practicing his wake moves!
Everyone did so well Sunday. Kyle getting some pop and Jim B getting big air. It was a good day on the water.
Who's in for Bordentown Saturday?
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-24-2006, 6:32 PM Reply   
Jim???? YOU ARE TOO FUNNY!!!
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-24-2006, 6:55 PM Reply   
Doreen, you need to ride with my wife, she is giving it her all this year but "fears the wake". She has managed to find her way outside the wake but the getting back in has her foiled! We are kicking around the 5th for bringing the boat down, I figure it needs a bottom wash to get all the lake moss off anyway!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-24-2006, 7:24 PM Reply   
Gavin bring it down cause we are going to rename the wakefest 3 to JIM'S BIRTHDAY BASH I wonder if they make water proof birthday hats?
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-25-2006, 4:43 AM Reply   
Man, is the spirit alive and well among this group! While I haven't contributed much this message list I read it all the time and always come away stoked over the great energy eveyone shares.

Doreen, now that you've "broken the seal" on riding for '06, make sure you get out there every time. Heck, you provide so many great pulls that you certainly deserve as much time behind the boat as you want.

Michelle and Justin, are you guys heading to Reno? It sounds like you are planning on being around here this weekend. I know you guys wanted to get to an event, and the Nationals are coming up in a month in Kenosha. The airfare into Chicago is MUCH more reasonable than it was going to Reno.

And finally, is Dave's tuesday riding crew going out today? I am looking forward to joining you guys this afternoon of you are.
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-25-2006, 4:46 AM Reply   
And Jeff Z, good to hear you checking back in! How's your new board working out? Are you getting out much up there?

Kevin, have you been riding down in Avalon at all? I was down there riding on Friday and could not believe that we were the only boat out at 6 PM. It was as good as the horseshoe gets!

Lastly, is there any tentative date for another regional riders get-together for later this summer?
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-25-2006, 6:04 AM Reply   
Jim's Birthday Bash will be sweet, and even sweeter if Michele makes Cupcakes, (maybe in a cone). Not to put you on the spot michele, but they were tasty.

I am really stoked, but also a little bit bummed. Just like Jim I have just been offered a New job. I will be a Capital Markets Intelligence Associate with Thomson Financial, which is really cool.

However I will not be trading stocks anymore, so I will not have the flexible scheduele, with Fridays off that I got used to. I also think I will be starting when I was supposed to have two weeks off down in Avalon.

But I have better medical so i have no reason not to really push my self, and considering I rolled over a new page in my progression this past weekend I am really psyched.

Cole, have fun buddy, when you get back let me know if you got that traveling gig, I may want to take you up on the sublease discussion.

(Message edited by scilost on July 25, 2006)
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-25-2006, 8:10 AM Reply   
ah, thompson financial, doug's moving to wall street. I actually had a friend who worked there a few years ago and I was considering the capital markets job also. it's a great place to work and there are a lot of young workers there, you should really like it. let me know if i can help you find a place in the city or with anything else.

......this post almost didn't mention wakeboarding. if anybody is going riding tonight at b-town (tuesday)...post it up here and i think more than a few people are ready to go.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-25-2006, 9:03 AM Reply   
Oh boy much to say here!!!

First, Doreen. Congrats for getting out there, the view is ALWAYS nicer behind the boat! Don't fear the wake, COMMIT to it. Don't worry, we'll show ys this weekend!

JB, good to hear from ya, been a while. Avalon, yes nearly every weekend BUT, late on Sat and Sundays. This past Sat we had a great time Doug, Karen and myself. Glassy, good tide but a little wind. Sund was awesome and no wind. You always have a standing offer to ride with us if your in the area!

Doug, Congrats to you for finally landing that Mexican roll not just Saturday but also on Sunday! Then monday he gets a new job offer! I'll get that 3 don't worry!

For everyone...I decided to begin dedicating some of my free time to a just and nobel cause... WakeBoardNJ.com I hope to create a true portal for ppl to go to and access all of NJ's various riding spots, links to shops and dealers and yada yada yada! Were still in testing but before weeks end I should have a legitimate site up and running!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-25-2006, 9:40 AM Reply   
Dave-

Would those sandals be brown Reef sandals with a very nifty bottle opener on the bottom? I think they're mine.

Doug, congrats on the new job!

Glad to hear everyone had a great weekend. I'm getting over food poisoning Sunday night. Worst case I've ever had! I could barely move yesterday and just went back to work today. Not feeling 100% yet.

It's awesome Doreen got out there and boarded!

JB, unfortunately Michele and I are not going to be able to make Reno. It's just not a good time, and the flights weren't working out. I apologize for not giving you a call back. It's been hectic, and I've been forgetful.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-25-2006, 11:07 AM Reply   
Justin, I knew those sandals were yours.

Charles, It's now 2:05 pm. We'll be at B-town around 4-4:30. Meet us there if you can. JB should be out there in another boat, and Woody should have his boat as well.
Old     (txnskr)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-25-2006, 2:07 PM Reply   
Hey Guys,

I usually fly down to Texas a bunch of weekends in the summer to get my wakeboarding fill in since we have a boat down there. This summer I havent gotten in as much boarding as I want, and I'm starting to plateau. Are there any good instructors in NJ/NYC vicinity to get lessons?
Thanks,
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-25-2006, 5:09 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone for your support. I think I may have to hang up my coaching from the boat duties, to getting tips from all you guys.

Doug, congrats on the job and the roll!

JB, from what has been posted here looks as if there will be another big gathering on the Delaware on Jim B's Birthday, August 5th. But sooner then that....who's in for this Saturday?
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-25-2006, 5:58 PM Reply   
Doreen, awesome to see you out there! And looking mighty confident I will add.

Jim I think your gonna have to share the B-day spot light with Anthony. His is on the 6th of August but we are throwing him a party this Sunday (Pony rides and all) since we are vacation as of the 5th. With party prep to do’s, we regrettably can’t stay and BBQ but we are in for a full day of boarding.

Alex hopefully this weekend I can get a shot at the widow maker… who else is in Dave, George, Woody, Elo, Gerald?

JB, good to see you checking in! This season started out with a lot of stoke and has just been getting stronger,, we are having a blast!

This past weekend turned out to be great in the Mullica and on the Delaware ‘it just doesn’t get much better’

A few pics to share: Ant going for his 2nd go round behind the boat and Michele carving up some of that river butter.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Lastly; KG you know you have this groups support to make wakeboardnj.com take off.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-25-2006, 6:36 PM Reply   
Doug, congrats on your new job.

Eustace, no problem. Ant and I will party hard together.

This Saturday is no good for me. It's my younger daughters B-day party. I'm riding Friday and Monday. Plans changed on Monday morning for me when I got a call from my new job to start today instead of next week. So I am now working 2 jobs.1 from 7:30 am till 3:30 pm then the other from 4:30 pm until midnight. Only for 2 more days then I'm down to just 1 job. So I will celebrate hard this weekend with riding and drinking. I'll see everyone next weekend when I attempt to tame the widow makers wake again.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       07-25-2006, 7:20 PM Reply   
This weekend we are towing the boat down near Rock Hill, MD. Our daughter's boyfriends parents have a house on Langford creek off the Chesapeake Bay. We should be in for the 5th of August.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-25-2006, 8:15 PM Reply   
Eustace: Oh man. You're not staying for this Saturday's post-riding grillfest? The Smokey Joe will surely
be missed! And yes, you definitely should go for a pull behind The Widow Maker. The big Nautique wake is really fun!

JB: Yes! It's good to have you checking-in! A late-summer Bordentown Wakefest? Tell us what weekend(s)
are good for you and we can start planning. Like September 16? Or maybe the following Saturday on the Autumnal
Equinox. That might be a cool idea. Also, ALL of the emails went though this time. Thank you very much.

KG: wakeboardnj.com is cool, cool, cool. While there I watched that video Jim made last year. That video
chokes me up every time. But any hoo, I totally expect wakeboardnj to continually grow and develop. It's
going to be great. On other note, you're "in" for Bordentown this Saturday, right? Are you bringing Doug?

Doug: Are you coming to Bordentown this Saturday? Great new profile picture by the way.

So what's the head/boat count for this Saturday so far? Me, Doreen and Lord Helmet will be there around 8:00/8:30am
with The Super Air. I may have my 18-year-old niece Stephanie and her girlfriend Samantha with us, but
this still isn't confirmed. Even without Eustace, Annette, The Antman, Lou and the Smokey Joe, is
everyone still "up" for the post-boarding gluttony hour?

And finally, I was so proud to see Doreen wakeboarding out behind The Widower Maker. She got up
first shot and on her very first pull she was trying surface 180s! She was just going for it! I'm confident
that she's not only going to be crossing both wakes this Saturday, she's probably going to try to get
some air! Yep. That's my Doreen!

And here are a couple more pictures from Sunday's Mullica River Mayhem:

Here's Jim going for the grab:
Upload

And here's Kyle carving with intensity:
Upload
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-26-2006, 4:46 AM Reply   
Alex- If you have room on the boat I am definately in, just let me know if you got a spot.
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-26-2006, 5:31 AM Reply   
Doug, no worries. I will certainly be making cupcakes and brownies for Jim and Ant's birthday bash, and I may even be daring enough to try the cone. btw, congrats on the Mexican backroll and the new job!!

Doreen, glad to hear you are representing the "skirts" (as the men would say) in wakeboarding, and are determinded as we should be. More estrogen behind the boat is always a great thing...plus, some healthy competetion is fun!! : ) But I must tell you, I landed my first wake jump 180 yesterday!! LOL

Speaking of yesterday, great night. Thanks so much for the pulls Dave. We even saw Woody, Charles, JB, and friends out there.
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-26-2006, 6:50 AM Reply   
It was definitely cool seeing some of the other wakeworld crew out on the Delaware last night. the conditions were great and the infestation of jet skiers only lasted for a few moments.

dave, I'm going to have to get a raincheck on that pull behind the Maristar. I was looking for you guys towards sunset but you'd already headed in. We, of course, thrued to get every last second of light out of our session, which lead to the State Trooper pulling us over for riding 10 minutes past sunset! Luckily we had all our documents and safety gear so he left quickly without issuing any fines.

I look forward to sessioning that area again soon. It was a beautiful night and a great riding spot.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-26-2006, 12:21 PM Reply   
JB, good seeing you last night as well. We finished-up our riding sessions near Bordentown, where we quickly lost daylight. Justin was going for it towards the end with attempted 3's and tantrums!

Count on us being out there every tuesday night thru august, hopefully we can give you a pull!
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-26-2006, 5:35 PM Reply   
Michele.....Great job! I wish I was there to see your 180 and cheer you on! I'm a screamer for nailing 1st time tricks!

OK, can I get a check on the roster for saturday morning? So far we have:
Alex
Doreen
Connor
Doug
Kevin & Karen (I think)

Anyone else in that I missed? Justin, Michele, Dave, Kyle, Woody??
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-26-2006, 5:37 PM Reply   
yeah jb that sucked u guys got hassled for it being alittle dark usually they dont bother us on the river
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-26-2006, 5:44 PM Reply   
yeah jb that sux u guys got hassled for riding alittle into the dark usualy they dont bother me and my friends gues the trooper was having a bad day
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-26-2006, 5:47 PM Reply   
Doreen,

We'll be at Mays Landing this weekend, but I'm counting on Aug. 5th for another riverfest! Sounds like a great way to celebrate Jim's birthday!

Michele and Justin had some excellent runs last night. (W2W for Michele!) Tuesday nights are always a blast! (and there's 5 tuesdays in august!)
Have fun this weekend everyone!

-Dave
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-26-2006, 7:23 PM Reply   
Karen & I are in for Sat on the Widow Maker!

Doug great profile pic!

Michele...W2W = AWESOME!
Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-26-2006, 8:37 PM Reply   
its was nice to see alot of people out last night,who was the last rider before the cop? they were sick!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-26-2006, 9:49 PM Reply   
This is really beginning to come together... http://wakeboardnj.com/

and don't forget to register for the discussion board Wakeboardnj.com Discussion Board(sorry to those that already registered at Wakescene.com...gonna delete that board shortly)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-27-2006, 7:22 AM Reply   
KG nice work on the web site.

Well today is the day! In a few hours I'm going in to quit my job. It's a good feeling bit also a somber one because I'm leaving behind 13 and a half years of my life. I grew up there. I came in as a 21 year old kid and while there I got married, had 2 wonderful daughters and bought a house. But I'm headed for bigger and better things. Tomorrow I'm going to celebrate all this by riding my board like I stole it.I just wish my wake on my Sea Ray was like the Widow Maker's because now I don't fear it anymore.Have a great weekend and I'll see you all next weekend for the ANT AND JIM'S BORDENTOWN BIRTHDAY BASH.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-27-2006, 2:13 PM Reply   
Michelle and I will be with Brian and Annette, and Anthony. Not sure if they have anyone else.

I think Woody's trying to go out early morning till about 12pm. because he has a wedding.

KG, I haven't had a chance to look at the site, but I will sometime! I'm sure it's great!

See everyone Saturday. Wait till you see my eye with a nice broken blood vessel!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-27-2006, 2:34 PM Reply   
Jim,
Were all rooting for you!

Justin, broken blood vessel? COOL, bloodshot eyes are way cool in my book!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-27-2006, 2:46 PM Reply   
KG, it's not "bloodshot", it's actual BLOOD in the white part of my eye..
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-27-2006, 4:08 PM Reply   
Justin, did your eye get worse after riding tuesday night? (You did cushion a few falls with your face) :-)

KG, you've got mail (houseboat talk)
Old    shrom_in_the_609            07-27-2006, 6:26 PM Reply   
by any chance was anyone on the water in the Mullica tonite?..it was supppperrr glassy!
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       07-27-2006, 7:18 PM Reply   
We went out tonight on the Delaware, Saw Elias and Gerald but they had boat problems. Wakeboarded a little long and got caught in another thunderstorm!!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-27-2006, 8:18 PM Reply   
Ok crew, as I see it so far, here's how this Saturday in Bordentown is going to unfold:
First, it's Brian, Annette, The Antman, Michele, Eyeboy and Lou in the Moomba.
While woody was originally going to hang on the Widow Maker, now woody's going to be in the Malibu
With Charles and Jaimee. Woody has to bolt by noon, so maybe Charles and Jaimee will then hop into one
of the other boats.
In the Super air it's going to be Me, Doreen, Lord Helmet, Kevin, Karen and Doug. My 18-year-old niece
Stephanie and her girlfriend Sam might be along too, but this is still unconfirmed.

Right after I post this I hope to get a few cool new photos of the June 5 event up on www.njwakefest.com
I finally have the group shot that Matt Hickman took. It's great!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-28-2006, 4:21 AM Reply   
Nice work on the site Alex.

Dave SHrom, no but I will be in about 3 hours so I hope the glass is still there. I'm gonna ride it like I stole it.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-28-2006, 5:40 AM Reply   
Alex, Nice work! Matt got some great pics of Brett, Austin and Robb. Things we couldn't see from the shore that day.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-28-2006, 2:47 PM Reply   
One day i'll get a pull behind the widow maker.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-29-2006, 12:08 PM Reply   
Yesterday we had a great day on the Mullica until 3pm when the storm rolled in. I saw it coming and we just got out of there in time. Back in June Kevin and Micha let me borrow a board for my wife and kids to try. My daughters were afraid to try so we didn't use the board. One day my daughter tried the bindings on and they were to small. So after getting my new Torq hinge techs and falling in love with them I ordered a woman's pair for the board Kevin and Micha lent us. The bindings came in Thursday so I put them on the board and my daughter said she was ready to try so off to the Mullica we went yesterday. After jumping in the water and putting the bindings on I gave her a few words of advice and got back in the boat to drive. She popped right up on her 1st ever time on a board. I'm still full of emotion after watching my daughter pop right up. I am so proud of her for even trying. As we all know it takes a lot of heart to jump in the water in try wakeboarding your first time. I hope she continues to try more.Here she is after popping right up out of the gate.Upload
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-31-2006, 7:05 AM Reply   
Brought the boat home last night, 5 of us will be riding this weekend the 5th (plus one skier ) at Bordentown. Can't wait!!!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-31-2006, 10:17 AM Reply   
Hi all,
Sat was a great day...got some new racoon eyes! I didn't ride so well but everyone else did. Alex even threw a couple of 3's. Doreen and Doug had an awesome day. Apperently Doreen has taken very well to the wakeskate and was tearing it up like I have never seen a 1st timer do. Doug went into low-altitude orbit a few times (were talking 8-12ft up).

Anyone got pics to post?

Looking forward to this Sat!
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-31-2006, 5:32 PM Reply   
KG, it was the inspiration of the boat crew and the riding tips that did it!!

I really love the group of people we ride with. We are all so lucky. No matter who we are riding with or what each rider does, we are always so pumped up for each other.

Jim, I love your profile pic! .
Sounds like Saturday is turning out to be a grand ole' bash for Jim's birthday!

Hopefully we can get out nice and early on the water to get off in time for a good gathering afterwards.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-31-2006, 5:41 PM Reply   
Jim,

Your daughter looks like a real natural on that board! So another wakeboard junkie is born! Way to go, dude!

Glad everyone had a good time this weekend. Looking forward to another great day on the river this saturday. I'll be there starting at 8am for those who need a pull.
Old     (rider)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-31-2006, 6:35 PM Reply   
Dave, can I get a spot on your boat Sat. morning? Ill try to make it down for 8, but I may be a little later than that.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-31-2006, 11:39 PM Reply   
Justin H, Sure I've got a spot for you saturday. You should still have my cell# so call me when you're at the dock sat. morning.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-01-2006, 3:13 AM Reply   
Dooreen, ever since 2 weeks ago when you and Alex came down to the Mullica I have benn jumplng a little bit higher. Thanks for the picture.

Dave, yes I have planted the wakeboarding seed. Now I'll see if it grows. We went out again yesterday for a great day on the water and my older daughter did it again. She popped right up on her 1st try. She went the full length of our riding spot before she got tired.I am so proud of her.

Dave do you have room for one more on Saturday?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-01-2006, 12:06 PM Reply   
Jim,

Room for saturday should be no problem, after all it is your birthday :-) Is the whole family coming?

What's the boat count for saturday?

Me
Gavin
George?
Alex?
Woody?
Eustace? (or is he on vacation?)
KG?

BTW, Here's the tides for saturday:

Low 7:11 am
High 12:05 pm :-)
Low 7:04 pm

Sunset is 8:09 pm :-)

(Message edited by njskier on August 01, 2006)
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-01-2006, 2:31 PM Reply   
We should be there around 9:00, can't wait for the day on the river! How early does the permit person get there to buy the day pass?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-01-2006, 2:47 PM Reply   
Dave it will just be me because I don't want to load the boat with now wakeboarders.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-01-2006, 3:19 PM Reply   
Thanks Dave, but I'm going to have a crew and I'll see you all out there.
Old     (jetpilotmss)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-01-2006, 3:46 PM Reply   
NJ Wakeboarders,

I wish I found this thread when I was first stationed in NJ 2 years ago and sold my 2001 X Star because I didn't know anyone here.

Anyone who needs a 3rd, 4th or even a 7th (you get the idea) I'm a NJ transplant (Naval Aviator) who loves to wakeboard. Have my own board, jacket, rope, etc. and gas$.

Scott
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-01-2006, 5:00 PM Reply   
5 Boats so far:
Alex & Doreen
Woody
Dave
Gavin
KG will be in our boat
George mentioned in an earlier post he should be in.
Eustace is on vacation

5 confirmed so far.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-01-2006, 5:51 PM Reply   
5, WOW that's a few ppl! Sweet!

Michael Scott Simmons...Welcome!
If your free this weekend, you should check out the get-together were having on Sat in Bordentown, NJ. Looks like were all meeting around 8am and hitting the Deleware River for a day of fun!

KG
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-01-2006, 6:29 PM Reply   
Michael Scott Simmons, Welcome to the thread.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       08-01-2006, 6:46 PM Reply   
We will be there with our boat. Probably at the ramp around 9:30. Not sure on our people count yet.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-01-2006, 7:02 PM Reply   
MSS...welcome! I have a friend Scott Simmons originally from Hopewell NJ any relation?

Your welcome in my ride anytime, that is if I can get a ride in your winged machine :-)

Ditto on what KG said, check out our mini-wakefest this saturday in Bordentown, NJ. Some boats are getting full (like mine) but I'm sure you can bumm a pull from one of us. (BTW, I like Yengling)
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-02-2006, 6:43 AM Reply   
Good day all... I have some pics to share
Friday 6/2 - 5:45 amUpload
Upload
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-02-2006, 7:17 AM Reply   
Let's try this again...Upload
Upload
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-02-2006, 7:31 AM Reply   
June 3rd:Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Time to rap things up...
Upload
Upload

Once again thank you very much Jersey
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-02-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
A few pics from last weekend including the Sandbar Nomads. Sad we are going to miss this week’s wake fest. Have a great time everyone, see you all soon

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-02-2006, 2:58 PM Reply   
Update for this saturday.....

Sunny and pleasant.....high of 88 degrees

Water temp....85 degrees :-)

Last night we had some really nice glassy water.
Thanks Michele, Justin, George and Denise for coming out to ride.
Old     (jetpilotmss)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-02-2006, 5:12 PM Reply   
Dave W,

No relation that I know of. I'm originally from KY and all of my family still lives there.

Nice choice of brew-ha-ha! That will be no problem. Should I bring a funnel? J/K
Old    shrom_in_the_609            08-02-2006, 6:23 PM Reply   
Jim: are you going to be out on the mullica on Thursday night around 530 till 730?...its always glassyyeee like the norm Mullica durring the week!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-02-2006, 7:15 PM Reply   
Dave Shrom, no I have a new job and I'm in school now Mon-Fri down in Deepwater N.J. all day. I'm thinking of maybe next Sunday night around 5 pm. If your interested I'll call you.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-02-2006, 7:20 PM Reply   
Alright then! Great pictures Jeff Z. Thanks for posting them and thanks for coming all the way down from
MA to hang at our NJ Wakefest. When are you coming back?

Your pictures are great too Eustace! Gotta love the one of Doug eating a sandwaich and wiping his mouth
with his t-shirt! I won't be quite the same without you and the crew there this Saturday. Are you
sure you don't want to head to Ocean City Saturday night instead of Saturday morning?

Our Saturday plans are pretty much the same as last week. We hope to be there by 8:00am and get some of
that morning glass. It'll be Me, Doreen, (maybe)Connor, Doug, Karen and Kevin. That's six people (creating a
five rider rotation), four wakeboards, a wakeskate, a few fat sacks, an assortment of coolers and
a pile of towels. The Super Air's going to be packed! Connor came down with a fever on Monday and he's
still on the mend. It's still uncertain whether or not he's going to be in attendance on Saturday.

Even though Saturday's tide Schedule is kind of backwards, it would still be fun to party barge it in the
area of the sand bar for a midday break. Should there be a suggested time? 1:00? 1:30? We should also
think about pulling the boats out at a time that will leave enough daylight for the end-of-day eatfest.
Our eatfest last week had only about 20 minutes of daylight.

I think it's funny how many of us buy and wear Jet Pilot clothes and gear, and now new thread poster
Scott is an actual jet pilot! Did I say I think that's funny? I take that back. I think it's really cool.

I'm thinking about cutting out of work around midday this Friday and stopping at SOS (and probably Frankie's!)
on the way down to 60 Sylvia. This is the time of year that Craig really starts blowing stuff out of there.

Finally, Gavin, I think the boat ramp pass selling gal gets there around 9:00am, but if you come
earlier you just have to stop at the police station on Farnsworth Avenue, walk around back and ring
the bell. If no one answers the bell then there's a phone right there with instructions. Make sure
you have your boat's and trailer's registration (to prove you're a NJ resident) and have exactly $10. The
officer won't make change and he won't accept over payment.
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-03-2006, 12:34 PM Reply   
Hey everyone!

Can't wait unti Saturday for Jim's birthday bash! I went to Shop Rite and bought cones for the cupcakes...yum, yum...betweem them and the brownies, everyone's sweet tooth should be satisfied.

Dave, thanks for the pulls Tuesday! As always, it was a great time.

Also, FYI, Justin can't access WW or personal email from work anymore, and we don't have internet at home yet (although I have a feeling we will be breaking down quite soon). He sends his regards and he created a photobucket from the river last Saturday...here's the link...

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/jnewman79/Bordentown%20Boarding%20July%202006/
Enjoy!!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-03-2006, 2:43 PM Reply   
Nice pics, Justin & Michele!

Denise had mentioned maybe everyone can bring something for the "after mini-wakefest party".

I'll supply a gas grill, hot dogs, hot smoked sausage, rolls & condiments for above.
Sounds like Michele has the sweets covered.
Still need some munchies, salads, maybe burgers, etc. Chime in on what you want to contribute.

Here's a lunch suggestion......since high tide is mid-day, we could raft-up in the Tullytown cove to chill out say around 1-1:30 as Alex suggested. The cove is totally calm, no wakes and it's a big party spot. Good for swimming, too. It's located on the PA side just south of the Florence ramp, about a 5-10 minute ride from Bordentown. Talk to me more about it on saturday morning if interested.

Looking forward to a great day on the river!!!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-03-2006, 2:45 PM Reply   
Scott, so you are coming saturday??
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-03-2006, 3:14 PM Reply   
What time would we try for a mini fest grill party? If its like usual after 7 I can't stay cause its my B-day and my kids and wife want to see a little of me after the wake fest. If we shoot for and stick to say 5:30 pull out then I'll bring some burgers and buns.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-03-2006, 3:57 PM Reply   
Alex, thanks for the info, we probably won't get there and be ready to launch till 9 at the earliest anyway (can't drop the baby off with the grandparents too early, they need their rest) and sadly we can not stay for the post as we have to get home and relieve my parents of duty, so sadly we will not be there.

I am so mad at myself, I forgot to bring the surf board home with me for this weekend. If anyone has a short regular surf board, like 6' of shorter, we can make that work in anyone wants to try it out. I was looking forward to surfing the river this weekend. Let me know if anyone has a board and we can take people out. Alex, if you make it to SOS can you see if Chris still has the Shred Stixx surf board there. I have been wanting one for a while and knew he had one and for some stupid reason I did not pull the trigger. If he still has it I may have to take a ride next week!

Looking forward to it, see you all Saturday.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-03-2006, 4:12 PM Reply   
We can bring macaroni salad or a fruit salad with the yummy dip? Don't know if I want to be peeling potatoes Friday night, but we can also bring 5lbs lbs of store bought potato salad? Either way we will bring something to contribute to the festivities. I like Jim B's idea...let's pick a time to pull off the water and start the after party. 5:30 is good. Everyone agree? That will give us at least 8hrs of riding.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       08-03-2006, 4:12 PM Reply   
The cove sounds like a good mid day break. For afterwards we can bring some hamburgers also.

We could also use 1 or 2 riders. Probably just me, Denise and Alex going to be on our boat.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-03-2006, 6:40 PM Reply   
I'm good with a 5:30 cook-out time, after all we need to celebrate a birthday :-) Like Doreen said, 8 hours of riding should be enough!

Doreen, a salad (or 2) sounds good.
George can bring burgers and buns.
Like I said, I got dogs and hot smoked sausage.

Jim, you shouldn't bring anything since it's your birthday! This will be our treat!

(BTW, care to say what birthday this is?)
Old    shrom_in_the_609            08-03-2006, 8:32 PM Reply   
jim: i would love to go on sunday night..but ill be at St. Thomas in the Carribean..im goin on vacation with the fam for a week or so..ill be back on the 14 i think...
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-04-2006, 3:08 AM Reply   
After talking to wife last night I wont be staying for the eat fest. Her and my daughters want to take me out to dinner so I have to be home by 6-6:30. But If you need my to bring something just let me know.

Dave W I am turning 21 on Saturday..........plus 14= 35!!!!

Dave Shrom drop me an email when you get back and we will hook up.

Alex, you would love my new job. Every where I look I see Gordon posters or shirts
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-04-2006, 6:21 AM Reply   
Jim, bummer about not being able to stay for the eat fest, but I understand where the fam is coming from. Sure they'd like to see you for a little bit on your birthday. You can take some cupcakes and brownies home with you (since they were made in your honor). Unless you want to have them for a mid-day pick me up.

Dave, Justin and I can bring chips and salsa as well. If there's anything else you want us to contribute, let me know.

Doreen, can't wait for the yummy fruit dip...it's the best!!

btw, great idea on the cove guys. We went there for lunch with Annette and Brian once and it was a great chill spot.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-04-2006, 8:38 AM Reply   
Michele I would prefer to share all of them with the group at the lunch break.

Alex I want to hear some "broken bones " coming out of the blast master tomorrow.