Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-12-2005, 2:36 PM Reply   
Well, just looking back at last year, I realized I did not ride as much as I should have. So my goal this year is to get on the water as much as possible, and not let other things get in the way.

What are your goals for this season? New tricks? More time on the water? Give me your input. We are all starting to get back on the water and just curious to see what everyone has in mind. I hope to get more consistent with my switch tricks, I think that's a good goal.

So, what's your plan for this year? Let's hear it.
Old     (craiger)      Join Date: May 2002       04-12-2005, 2:43 PM Reply   
More time on the water, definitely. My son is now 5, and I'll be taking him with me almost every time I go ride. This alone will ensure more water time for me. Plus, I have to start his first mate training and hope to get him behind the boat in the form of a tube or kneeboard, just to get him used to it. He'll be wakeboarding whenever he's ready, but he will get lots of time at the lake with me this year that is for sure.

As far as riding, I'll be working on spins, and hope to stick some indy tantrums off the DU, by years end.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-13-2005, 1:23 PM Reply   
I bought a boat last year and put only 30 hrs on it! So, time on the water is a priority, to say the least. Been riding switch, hopefully inverts
Old    wickedwake            04-13-2005, 1:48 PM Reply   
I cant wait to get on the water. Last summer was my first year on the water and it was great, but I had no instruction and no one to tell me what to do. After lots of off season work both mental and physical I can wait for this summer of progression. My only priority is to have a good time and be safe, everything else will fall into place.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-13-2005, 2:09 PM Reply   
nacho, don't feel bad. My parents (our) VLX Still has under 70 hours, and it's a 2003. But, I do boat-whore during the summer
Old     (nautiquelover)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-13-2005, 2:26 PM Reply   
First year I had my 03 SANTE, I put 240 hrs on it. Year two, 100 hours. So this year I hope to push about 300 hrs. Jobs suck. I'm new to Discovery Bay, so it might be cool to meet at least one person who lives here. (hint, hint)
Old     (liquid1)      Join Date: Oct 2004       04-13-2005, 2:55 PM Reply   
This year id like to spend more time on the water not just around it. Goals include at least 1 invert and a 3, and not getting hurt.
Evan, im new to Bay Area, ill drive over to ride the delta on the weekends this summer or sooner.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-13-2005, 3:18 PM Reply   
evan, need a roommate?

my goal this year, like the last 2 years, is to get all my tricks back; broll, tantrum, raley, batwing, hs3, all the grabs i used to do, all the 180s. i'd like to learn a ts invert, ts3 or 5, learn a couple new grabs (nuclear and seatbelt), roll2revert, and throw in a grab or 2 on inverts.

no, i don't ask for much.
Old    murrayair            04-13-2005, 3:18 PM Reply   
Yeah, I deffinately need to ride more too. I really want to ride weekdays after work, but it's freakin hard to find people who ride in my area every day (hint hint). I also want to get some more spins in and start doing some mobes. And I need to ride switch way more.

(Message edited by murrayair on April 13, 2005)