Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-03-2017, 9:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
I just bought 2 tickets to the NFC title game at AT&T stadium. (I get a refund if it doesn't happen)

My youngest daughter is a Falcons fan.

So, I need the Lions to beat the Seahawks and the Packers (?) to beat the Giants

I'm not sure Atlanta will get it done against the Seahawks. I hate facing Rogers, but the Giants seem to have the Cowboys #
Sweet, I'll be at Saturday's game where the Seahawks will crush those indoor cats in some serious outdoor weather.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-04-2017, 9:38 AM Reply   
Apparently, this guy has never met a Seahawks fan.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dall...istory?ref=yfp
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-04-2017, 9:48 AM Reply   
Cowboys "fans" are a joke.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-04-2017, 10:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Apparently, this guy has never met a Seahawks fan.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dall...istory?ref=yfp
Usually I disagree with Stephen A, but here he is spot on.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-04-2017, 2:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Apparently, this guy has never met a Seahawks fan.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dall...istory?ref=yfp
You could hear the Hawks fans over the 9ers in SC Sunday. Home team fans must have been in their safe spaces and cry areas at Levi's. Guess that is what they meant by state of the art.
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       01-04-2017, 3:33 PM Reply   
If your team sucks you don't go pay them to play. You protest their awfulness by not giving them anymore money until they get better. If they sell out the stadium win or lose then there is little motivation for the management to build a winning team. When Dallas does awful I make it a point to not buy any gear, and when they do good I buy stuff all the time.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-04-2017, 3:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
If your team sucks you don't go pay them to play. You protest their awfulness by not giving them anymore money until they get better. If they sell out the stadium win or lose then there is little motivation for the management to build a winning team. When Dallas does awful I make it a point to not buy any gear, and when they do good I buy stuff all the time.
We haven't found that to be true. If you have a good owner that wants to put a good product on the field they will. We have had a good team for the last decade plus. We haven't won every year but 11 playoff seasons in since 05. You go back before that and we stunk, however we always sold out and always had loud fans. Support your team win or lose.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-04-2017, 4:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
If your team sucks you don't go pay them to play. You protest their awfulness by not giving them anymore money until they get better. If they sell out the stadium win or lose then there is little motivation for the management to build a winning team. When Dallas does awful I make it a point to not buy any gear, and when they do good I buy stuff all the time.
The textbook definition of a Fair Weather Fan.

Seat ticket revenue is a drop in the ocean when it comes to revenue, the money is in broadcasting, licensing, and sponsorships.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-04-2017, 4:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
We haven't found that to be true. If you have a good owner that wants to put a good product on the field they will. We have had a good team for the last decade plus. We haven't won every year but 11 playoff seasons in since 05. You go back before that and we stunk, however we always sold out and always had loud fans. Support your team win or lose.
Thinking out loud..... wonder if these teams like the Niners, who were great 20 years ago but still filled Candlestick when the teams were not as good. Now though, with the costs associated with the new stadium, blue collar working stiff fans that might have been loyal year over year are the ones who have been priced out.

I'm an average income guy, but I always made the Hawks game at the 'stick and at least 2-3 other games every season. Now that they are in Levi, between the extra distance from Sacramento and the stupid pricing they have now, I've only gone to the one game each year the last two seasons. I'll throw a fat Sunday football party with food and drink and save a couple hundred bucks while sitting on my sofa.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-04-2017, 4:24 PM Reply   
The 60-75 inch high definition tv's have hurt ticket sales...........
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-04-2017, 4:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
The 60-75 inch high definition tv's have hurt ticket sales...........
Yeah you gotta really love the energy and atmosphere, it's very carnival like in Seattle, to want to go to the games where you're gonna spend hundreds versus just sitting on your couch watching it in UHD.

I got the 65" LG 4K OLED and this is my first game back since I got it lol.
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       01-04-2017, 6:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead65 View Post
The textbook definition of a Fair Weather Fan.



Seat ticket revenue is a drop in the ocean when it comes to revenue, the money is in broadcasting, licensing, and sponsorships.


No sir. Not a fair weather fan at all. I still wear my already owned gear and watch me team play to give them my support but I'm not going to pay for an inferior product. That's like buying a particular car brand even though they break down all the time and have horrible reviews but you keep buying them anyways. That's dumb.

Th average cowboys game ticket is $110 x 92500 tickets per game is $10,175,000. Add that to the food and drinks they sell as well as merchandise sold and that's a pretty big drop in the ocean. Also is people are not attending games then sponsors won't be spending as much money to put advertisements where no one or fewer people will see them.

Last edited by rdlangston13; 01-04-2017 at 6:42 PM.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-04-2017, 9:30 PM Reply   
David, don't forget paying to park at Jerry-world
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       01-06-2017, 8:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Apparently, this guy has never met a Seahawks fan.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dall...istory?ref=yfp


For real, he needs to join wake world and see the crap the hawks fans post in this thread lol
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-06-2017, 3:19 PM Reply   
2016 All Pros were announced. I have two thoughts.
First, Talib over Sherman?!?! Are you kidding? Sherm has more INTs, more Tackles, more passes defended. What else is there? The press really does hate Sherm.

Second, Sean Lee?!?! You mean the guy that has never ever played a full season aka The Tony Romo of Defense, aka the guy who gets laid out by 5' 10" WRs (see Golden Tate). Normally I'd make a comparison that KJ Wright deserves this spot since he has more sacks, more forced fumbles, more passes defended, and only 20 less tackles when he's on a team with the NFL tackling leader Bobby Wagner, but you guys would just call me a homer (justified).
So instead let's compare Lee to Zach Brown of the Bills who has more tackles, more sacks, more passes defended, and more forced fumbles.

What a jokeshow. If the Cowboys don't win the SB with 5 All Pros on their team they should be embarrassed.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-06-2017, 6:54 PM Reply   
Hawks
Giants
Steelers
Raiders
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-07-2017, 7:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
2016 All Pros were announced. I have two thoughts.
First, Talib over Sherman?!?! Are you kidding? Sherm has more INTs, more Tackles, more passes defended. What else is there? The press really does hate Sherm.

Second, Sean Lee?!?! You mean the guy that has never ever played a full season aka The Tony Romo of Defense, aka the guy who gets laid out by 5' 10" WRs (see Golden Tate). Normally I'd make a comparison that KJ Wright deserves this spot since he has more sacks, more forced fumbles, more passes defended, and only 20 less tackles when he's on a team with the NFL tackling leader Bobby Wagner, but you guys would just call me a homer (justified).
So instead let's compare Lee to Zach Brown of the Bills who has more tackles, more sacks, more passes defended, and more forced fumbles.

What a jokeshow. If the Cowboys don't win the SB with 5 All Pros on their team they should be embarrassed.
Sounds like you would like to borrow my Sean Lee Jersey to wear to the Superbowl.
Attached Images
 
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-07-2017, 8:16 PM Reply   
Here come 'dem Hawks.......Atlanta goes down next.......

Cue Mark and Bobby complaining about officials in 3.....2......1.....
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-07-2017, 8:25 PM Reply   
I thought that the hawks looked very beatable.

Go Falcons
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-08-2017, 11:12 AM Reply   
Twelve whole hours and no officiating complaints?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-08-2017, 12:08 PM Reply   
Yep there were some bad calls/no-calls. Doesn't matter though. Detroit was determined to lose that game from the beginning and the Hawks were the better team. Richardson was insane. I know nothing about him, but he looks like he's got some Beckham talent. No way you guys get past Hotlanta though. Cliff, I can't believe you picked the Raiders to win. I was rooting for em, but I knew there was no way they'd pull it off. Carr is way too crucial to them.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-08-2017, 12:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Yep there were some bad calls/no-calls. Doesn't matter though. Detroit was determined to lose that game from the beginning and the Hawks were the better team. Richardson was insane. I know nothing about him, but he looks like he's got some Beckham talent. No way you guys get past Hotlanta though. Cliff, I can't believe you picked the Raiders to win. I was rooting for em, but I knew there was no way they'd pull it off. Carr is way too crucial to them.
Great game to be at. I just rewatched the TV broadcast. The Hawks were in charge the entire game, Detroit was never really in it. Now off to Atlanta to spank them again and redeem our 2012 playoff loss to them there.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-08-2017, 3:33 PM Reply   
It's gonna be 2012 all over again. You guys don't do well back east.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-08-2017, 4:28 PM Reply   
Thought they could play conservative and run the ball on Houston. Not so much...
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-08-2017, 4:59 PM Reply   
Packers look strong, looks like it's gonna be 2007 all over again, Bobby; 13-3 and lose your opening playoff game.
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       01-08-2017, 5:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead65 View Post
Packers look strong, looks like it's gonna be 2007 all over again, Bobby; 13-3 and lose your opening playoff game.


They were 12-4 that year so it won't be like 2007 all over again and we will whip the packers.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-08-2017, 5:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
It's gonna be 2012 all over again. You guys don't do well back east.
Yeah I know just ask the Patriots.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-08-2017, 5:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
They were 12-4 that year so it won't be like 2007 all over again and we will whip the packers.
I'll be picking the Packers and all the experience over Dallas, their rookies and no playoff experience.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-08-2017, 5:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
They were 12-4 that year so it won't be like 2007 all over again and we will whip the packers.
2007 season cowboys were 13-3 and lost their divisional game to the Giants 21-17.

And they had five all pros that year too......hmmmm.......
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-08-2017, 6:54 PM Reply   
Looks like Darren won the picks this week. Cliff was the horses ass this week. Sorry Cliff. I'll be taking all the home teams this week. Just do your job and you'll win the game. Steelers,Seahawks,Texans and Packers don't travel well.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-08-2017, 6:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Yeah I know just ask the Patriots.
You should be worried about Matt Ryan, Julio Jones and Devonte Freeman rolling all over the leigon of Room.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-08-2017, 6:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
You should be worried about Matt Ryan, Julio Jones and Devonte Freeman rolling all over the leigon of Room.
Beat em once this year we can do it again. They're tough no doubt but it's our old D coordinator so Pete knows his moves before he does 😂
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-08-2017, 7:03 PM Reply   
You can't Spell Eliminated without Eli.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-09-2017, 6:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Beat em once this year we can do it again. They're tough no doubt but it's our old D coordinator so Pete knows his moves before he does 😂
Seahawks won by 2 points . That was in Seattle. Usually you're spotted 3 points at home. I think Atlanta will win by 10 points.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-09-2017, 10:36 AM Reply   
TOTAL DOMINATION!!!
A "coin flip" they said, Hawks can't run the ball they said, Hawks D has been "exposed" they said, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!
All the Hawks did was completely dominate the Lions. Lions had their worst game of the season, lowest point total (two lucky 50+ yard FGs), and lowest yardage total of the year. In fact, at 231 total yards, the last time the Lions had less yardage was back in 2010!!
So keep doubting this Hawks team, please. It makes it that much sweeter when they win.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0Tvx4t-WI0
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-09-2017, 10:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Seahawks won by 2 points . That was in Seattle. Usually you're spotted 3 points at home. I think Atlanta will win by 10 points.
Yep we did win by 2 points, without Chancellor, without Frank Clark, without Rawls, and with an injured Russell. This game was also 17-3, then Bennett got injured and we still held on for the W.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-09-2017, 10:42 AM Reply   
When is an even bigger word than if. Lol Road woes will continue. Crickets is all we will hear next week.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-09-2017, 10:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
Yep we did win by 2 points, without Chancellor, without Frank Clark, without Rawls, and with an injured Russell. This game was also 17-3, then Bennett got injured and we still held on for the W.
Excuses.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-09-2017, 11:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
When is an even bigger word than if. Lol Road woes will continue. Crickets is all we will hear next week.
Agreed. Like "when" was the last time the Cowboys won a playoff game? Or "when" were the Cowboys relevant this century?
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-09-2017, 12:44 PM Reply   
Oh one other little fun fact: 64! Yes 64 is this weeks lucky number. That is the number of the most wins by any QB in their first five years in the NFL. Any guesses on who that future HOF QB is? Anyone?
I'll give you a hint, experts thought he was too short for the NFL.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-09-2017, 3:47 PM Reply   
Doug Flutie
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-09-2017, 5:52 PM Reply   
Patriots - does anyone really think the other team from Texas has a chance?
Chiefs - because it irritates Markj to see his traded game manager succeed over the kneeler
Packers - experience over youth in this case. I do think this new group will get there but not this year.
Hawks - NFC Championship host for 2017
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-10-2017, 11:30 AM Reply   
Patriots - The Texans should just forfeit and save the gas money.
Steelers - Even though I'll be rooting for Smith and the Chiefs. It should be a good game.
Falcons - Buh bye Sherman and Co. The toilet gets flushed and the turds go down this weekend.
I can't decide on the Cowboys/Packers. It should be the best game this week. I'm leaning towards the Boys.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-10-2017, 12:54 PM Reply   
Division Round Picks!
Hou @ NE - Pats beat the Texans earlier in the year without Brady, with Brady it's gonna be ugly. Pats win.
Pit @ KC - I think this will be a good game but I like what Andy Reid is doing in KC. Chiefs win.
GB @ Dal - Garrett abandons the run early and his coaching loses the Cowboys another playoff game. Pack win.
SEA @ Atl - HAWKS!!!!!!!!
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       01-10-2017, 6:47 PM Reply   
You can see it in hawks fans picks, they don't want to face the cowboys
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-10-2017, 7:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
You can see it in hawks fans picks, they don't want to face the cowboys
Uh yeah or we might want another home game or something. I honestly think we'd have a better chance against Dallas but I'll take a home game in the playoffs any chance I can. We've won 10 straight in the playoffs in CenturyLink.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-10-2017, 7:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Uh yeah or we might want another home game or something. I honestly think we'd have a better chance against Dallas but I'll take a home game in the playoffs any chance I can. We've won 10 straight in the playoffs in CenturyLink.
But you don't want the Packers. They "OWNED" THE Seahawks this year already.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-10-2017, 7:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
But you don't want the Packers. They "OWNED" THE Seahawks this year already.
They sure did. Beat them the last three times in C Link since we're talking old times.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-11-2017, 7:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
They sure did. Beat them the last three times in C Link since we're talking old times.
What part of this season is old times? Have you hit your head recently?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-11-2017, 7:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
What part of this season is old times? Have you hit your head recently?
You're to easy Bobby.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-11-2017, 9:40 AM Reply   
Dallas / GB is going to be a great game .... I think it comes down to Zeke ... if they can run and control the game the Cowboys beat us. If it turns into a shootout, I'll put my money on Rodgers.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-11-2017, 10:49 AM Reply   
I'd prefer the Cowboys over Green Bay as well. Unfortunately Dallas isn't going to beat Rogers and co.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-11-2017, 12:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
But you don't want the Packers. They "OWNED" THE Seahawks this year already.
Bobby, already jumping on the Packer bandwagon, because even he knows the Cowboys are doomed.
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       01-11-2017, 6:32 PM Reply   
Haha, I predict a remake of the October game. I know you sea chickens are haunted by your loss to em, but we already kicked their asses. Same game, different month.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-11-2017, 9:27 PM Reply   
Cliff, I'm waiting for you to pick the Hawks to win and seal their doom.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-11-2017, 9:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla View Post
Haha, I predict a remake of the October game. I know you sea chickens are haunted by your loss to em, but we already kicked their asses. Same game, different month.
They're very different from that team you faced in October.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-11-2017, 9:30 PM Reply   
Hawks
Steelers
Patriots
Packers
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       01-12-2017, 7:12 AM Reply   
Almost got it.... here I fixed it for ya


Falcons
Steelers
Patriots
Cowboys
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-12-2017, 7:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla View Post
Almost got it.... here I fixed it for ya


Falcons
Steelers
Patriots
Cowboys
People still do the "here I fixed it for ya" schtick? Though that died out a couple years back. Guess Cowboy fans really do have their collective heads up their ass 😂😂😂
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla View Post
Almost got it.... here I fixed it for ya


Falcons
Steelers
Patriots
Cowboys
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-12-2017, 10:21 AM Reply   
Hey Bobby, David, David, Mark, and all the other Cowboy "fans" have you filled this out yet?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gon-apply-here

LOL! Even the Cowboys know they have a bandwagon fanbase!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-12-2017, 2:29 PM Reply   
Been a Cowboys fan since 1968 when Don Meredith #17 was QB. How long have you been a Seattle fan?
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-12-2017, 4:47 PM Reply   
^^Oh you mean the year after they won their second conference championship? That's convenient. Probably best you didn't become a fan after the first conference championship in 66, make sure you were jumping on a bandwagon that would last. Good call.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-12-2017, 4:51 PM Reply   
1979 for the record, born & raised in Seattle, my dad didn't give me a choice.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-12-2017, 5:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
Hey Bobby, David, David, Mark, and all the other Cowboy "fans" have you filled this out yet?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gon-apply-here

LOL! Even the Cowboys know they have a bandwagon fanbase!
In the name of Dwight Shrute, I demand you REDACT my name from that list!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-12-2017, 5:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
1979 for the record, born & raised in Seattle, my dad didn't give me a choice.
I'd be calling CPS stat! I was never told who to like, but I was sure told who to dislike; Raiders and the Cowboys. That was then...

Since Al Davis assumed room temperature and the team culture did a 180, I've come to enjoy the Raiders and ever since the Cowboys' fans were humbled and stopped acting like current day hawks' fans, I've enjoyed them too, but I wouldn't call myself a fan.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-12-2017, 7:40 PM Reply   
Wishy washy sissy right there^^^

Hawks win Marky
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-12-2017, 7:49 PM Reply   


MarkJ's bedroom
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-12-2017, 9:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
Wishy washy sissy right there^^^

Hawks win Marky
Thanks! You have now sealed their fate. Knew I could count on you.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-12-2017, 10:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post


MarkJ's bedroom
What???!!! Why I oughta.....
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-12-2017, 10:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Thanks! You have now sealed their fate. Knew I could count on you.
In the last 5 years Cliff has picked the Hawks to win every game. We've gone 65-26 over that span. I like the odds of him being right again here.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-13-2017, 5:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
^^Oh you mean the year after they won their second conference championship? That's convenient. Probably best you didn't become a fan after the first conference championship in 66, make sure you were jumping on a bandwagon that would last. Good call.
I was 9 years old. I lived in Richmond Va. . Cowboys games were scarce on TV. But they did play every Thanksgiving. While everyone else was rooting for the Redskins I rooted for the Cowboys. It takes a strong commitment to root for a team all your life in a hated rivals territory. Something i'm sure you know nothing about hommie.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-13-2017, 8:37 AM Reply   
I just realized something really awful. I have to drive down on Saturday to Malibu, Ca for my cousin's wedding and drive back on Sunday. I'm gonna miss all four games. Thank God I have Sirius and a DVR, but it's just not the same as watching it live. So bummed... Darn people getting married on a playoff weekend! Where are their priorities?
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-13-2017, 10:03 AM Reply   
^^How well do you know this cousin? Sorry but people who get married on major weekends, Memorial Day, 4th of July, etc and married during the NFL playoffs are no longer my friends. Having your wedding anniversary land on a playoff weekend sounds like a nightmare to me. Just tell him to move it to the Pro Bowl Weekend, nobody cares about the ProBowl.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-13-2017, 10:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
I was 9 years old. I lived in Richmond Va. . Cowboys games were scarce on TV. But they did play every Thanksgiving. While everyone else was rooting for the Redskins I rooted for the Cowboys. It takes a strong commitment to root for a team all your life in a hated rivals territory. Something i'm sure you know nothing about hommie.
And there you have it folks! A Cowboy bandwagon fan since 9 years old. Cowboys just won back to back conference championships in 1968 and guess who becomes the biggest Cowboy fan in Virginia?!?! Bobby!!!
Digging yourself into a very deep hole here Robert.

In 1968 the Redskins (Robert's home team) went 5-9 and the Cowboys went 12-2. Hmmmmmmmm
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-13-2017, 1:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
I just realized something really awful. I have to drive down on Saturday to Malibu, Ca for my cousin's wedding and drive back on Sunday. I'm gonna miss all four games. Thank God I have Sirius and a DVR, but it's just not the same as watching it live. So bummed... Darn people getting married on a playoff weekend! Where are their priorities?
NFL live if you've got Verizon...
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-13-2017, 5:17 PM Reply   
Found video of Markj whining about Big Sherm

https://youtu.be/LyjTe6gwZws
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-13-2017, 5:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
And there you have it folks! A Cowboy bandwagon fan since 9 years old. Cowboys just won back to back conference championships in 1968 and guess who becomes the biggest Cowboy fan in Virginia?!?! Bobby!!!
Digging yourself into a very deep hole here Robert.

In 1968 the Redskins (Robert's home team) went 5-9 and the Cowboys went 12-2. Hmmmmmmmm
At 9 years old it was more about Cowboys vs Indians . The team with white/silver and Blue (my favorite color)was more appealing to me. As the years passed by the fact that rodeo stars Walt Garrison were also Cowboys players and Roger Staubach and Tony Dorsett success cemented my loyalty for life.

Last edited by cwb4me; 01-13-2017 at 5:22 PM.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-13-2017, 5:53 PM Reply   
Wilson has won 8 playoff games in 5 years. Falcons have won 7 in 50
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-13-2017, 11:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Found video of Markj whining about Big Sherm

https://youtu.be/LyjTe6gwZws
Yer killin me!!!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-13-2017, 11:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Wilson has won 8 playoff games in 5 years. Falcons have won 7 in 50
...and after tomorrow, it'll be 8 for the falcons. Do you really think those lame stats mean a thing as far as tomorrow goes or is this just your swan song? Come on. Any hawks fan that can see beyond their bandwagonistic tendencies will tell you it's a long shot at best for them to beat Hotlanta tomorrow. Sherman will slow down Julio, but he can't stop him. No way. The legion of room will be exposed. Mark my words.

I'm willing to bet on it.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:22 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us