Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-28-2012, 6:59 PM Reply   
Ok, so not a wrap, but a cheap way to really change the look of a boat. For about $80 I got 7" olympic blue vinyl striping and the same color custom boat numbers from vinylsriping.com. Originally my boat screamed mid '90's with the 3/4" purple/teal stripe above the rub rail and a 1" purple/teal stripe below the rub rail. Not to mention the purple/teal interior that was inside the boat, but I redid that a few years ago. For the last couple of years i had a 1" black pin stripe covering the origials but always loved the vapor blue Malibu boats. So this spring it was time for that project. It took me about 12 hours total, about twice what I expected but I love how it turned out. I used soapy water in a spray bottle and sprayed the boat and sticker when I put the striping on, then pushed the water out from behind the striping with a squeegee. The hardest part was from the bow of the boat to the middle of the windshield with the different contours. I used a heat gun and shrunk the vinyl enough to work pretty good. At the back of the boat I had to cover the original stripes so that is why it looks kind of different and the vinyl doesn't wrap around the corners.
Attached Images