Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-27-2010, 7:20 PM Reply   

from 21Rope.co.kr on Vimeo.

from his new site, and i had not seen this video yet, but he is getting some super tech flats tricks and that rail work was just a mind blower.
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       03-27-2010, 7:54 PM Reply   
Yeah Dude, Rath is definitely an all around G
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-28-2010, 2:51 PM Reply   
Thats a tough call. You gotta also consider Nick Davies, Tom Fooshee and Kieth Lidberg. The 4 of them are probably the best all round shredders in the world.
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-28-2010, 4:02 PM Reply   
Agreed. I would have a hard time choosing between any one of them individually.
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-28-2010, 8:08 PM Reply   
If we are talking about ever!!!

my list would be
1. Parks Bonifay
2. Nick Davies
3. Aaron Rathy

All with very different styles and though they are very well talented all around. They still have their strengths with different aspects of the sport. Not to take anything away from Rathy because the guys is a truly insane rider in all aspects. Sick video!!!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-28-2010, 11:01 PM Reply   
Then you consider Rathy's skills on the wakeskate and his case for all around best ripper gets pretty strong, the man is not terrible at this waterdancing thing...
Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-29-2010, 12:11 PM Reply   
"BEST ALL AROUND RIDER" what is the critiria for a "BEST ALL AROUND RIDER"?

I guess with my limited Knowledge, I would say Rathy is the best all around rider.
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-29-2010, 8:17 PM Reply   
I was thinking strictly wakeboarding cable and wakeboarding boat... but if we throw wakeskating in there...

1. Aaron Rathy
2. Scott Byerly
3. ummm... maybe Aaron Reed
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-29-2010, 9:36 PM Reply   
Sick video. He is riding out of his mind lately. Boat riding I think him or Harley is the best right now, hes a monster on the rails, got real good cable skills, good wakeskater...all around hoss. Id give him best all around rider RIGHT NOW, not sure about ever...you got Kenney, Fooshee, Parks, Byerly, Davies, Harf, etc.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-30-2010, 6:13 AM Reply   
IMO, no one will ever reach Parks' level/status, so it's never really a question for best ever, I always go with it referring to right now, and Rathy seems to be taking it at the moment
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-30-2010, 11:44 AM Reply   
That is ridiculous riding! To be a legend you have to stand the test of time and change the sport. He is on his way for sure.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-30-2010, 12:26 PM Reply   
This is easy, Park or Murdog!
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-30-2010, 8:16 PM Reply   
Davies has already reached Parks status for cable I feel personally. The guy does things no one else can do and has superhuman consistency. Still I would love to see him concentrate more on boat.

Rathy/Clifford on top of boat now for sure, although I personally prefer Rathy's style. Rathy is good on cable, but probably needs a bit more riding time on the cable to challenge the big guns at cable riding. Whereas Davies has won a couple world series stops behind boat.

Considering that I say Davies is the best all around rider in terms of Cable/Boat.Rails right now. Fooshee not far behind.

Last edited by cheesydog; 03-30-2010 at 8:19 PM. Reason: typo
Old     (kwipp)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-31-2010, 11:09 AM Reply   
Id say hes easily up there in the top 5. So broad and so many different variations to really put it in any order.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       05-18-2010, 4:21 AM Reply   
I agree......too many factors and sub catagories to drop all them in.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-18-2010, 4:33 AM Reply   
Rathy kills it. He really caught my attention in Push Process. Time will tell, but he is definitely inching up the all-time greats list.

I'm just not sure we'll ever see another rider progress the sport like Parks has. His section in 12 Honkeys is mind-blowing.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-18-2010, 4:37 AM Reply   
i'd say he's easily the best rider of everyone who posted on this thread myself included. lets not judge lets just enjoy an artist at work.he's a top shelf rider.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       05-18-2010, 8:06 AM Reply   
I cannot believe nobody has thrown out Adkinson. Have you seen him ride cable? He is always at the top of the list in consistancy on boat boat and cable and has been for years, not just the last two. Not much film of him riding cable out there but he definately is better than Rathy at cable air tricks.