Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old    jachary            09-12-2004, 12:51 PM Reply   
I have a 1984 Mastercraft Prostar 190 that was vandalized. I need a rear back seat(or how to make one)and a windshield. Anyone have suggestions?
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-15-2004, 12:32 AM Reply   
See if you can find another boat w/ the same back seat...ie. 1984 Prostar 190 or any year w/ same seat. Then ask them if you can take their seat to an upholstry shop and have a copy made?

Mastercraft may also be able to help? Give 'em a call.
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-15-2004, 12:36 AM Reply   
Or just have a custom one made....shouldn't be too big of a deal unless you're set on keeping it w/ the totally original look. You could probably improve on the design and add some wakeboard friendly features at the same time: lube dispenser, ballast, more storage, spot for extra battery, etc.)

(Message edited by levi on September 15, 2004)
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-15-2004, 5:53 AM Reply   
Sounds like a perfect time to build a ballast tank seat that extends towards the bow and holds close to a 1000 lbs.
Old    jachary            09-16-2004, 8:22 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info. I did call Mastercraft they couldn't help boat was to old.I think I found one someone is selling if not I'm going to make one. Keep me in mind if you here of anything. Thanks for all the help!
Old    jachary            09-17-2004, 2:13 PM Reply   
Well my someone fell through! Still looking if anyone hears of anything.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       09-17-2004, 2:22 PM Reply   
I just got done making a new one. It wasn't real hard. the hardest part was tryin g to keep the 2x4 I used as a support screwed into the bottom of the plywood. I ended up having to use 1/2 inch 3 inch lag screws intothe ends of the 2x4, and L brackets to re-inforce
Old    jachary            09-20-2004, 8:08 AM Reply   
How did your seat turn out? Did you buy the skins?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       09-20-2004, 8:46 AM Reply   
I think my seat turned out great. I messed up the first one, was about 1/8 inch to small. The hardest part is measuring and getting a good template.IT only cost me about 50 bucks total to rebuild it. Cuting the plywood is easy enough, then its putting everything back together. I did have my old seat as somewhat of a template. It was craked and crumbling. I had the skin off my old seat that I put on the new one I built, and usd the old foam.
Old    jachary            09-21-2004, 3:48 PM Reply   
Thanks for the tips! Looks like I'm going to try to make it myself.