Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (ryin)      Join Date: May 2002       04-28-2003, 7:27 PM Reply   
Any of you guys use trampolines, if so would you recommend using one. Im looking into getting one, but i dont want it if its useless.
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-29-2003, 8:36 AM Reply   
In my opinion, trampolines are the most valuable training tool there is for wakeboarding. They are great for learning "air sense", which is why most people get them. They are also great for understanding handle control. I always use a handle tied to a tree or something. Jump first, then pull the handle and pass it to spin. Spinning on a trampoline translates really well to the water. In short, trampolines are good.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-23-2003, 11:12 AM Reply   
yes! and it helps big time!

Find a local gymnasium and inquire about supervised training on the tramp. Be smart and use a harness/spotter to practice your back, side, and front flips (nothing worse then over/under rotating, landing on your head, or even landing on the edge of the tramp!) Plus this will help you get your form and air awareness down, after that it's easy!

I'm in the process of building a tramp training board specific for wakeboarding (trampoline safe - so it won't damage the tramp), I will post pics once I'm done. This take the tramp training to the next level because it simulates the weight and feel of a wakeboard.
Old                05-27-2003, 9:44 AM Reply   
Dude what are you a bloody pansy, you dont need a bloody harness or a spotter for that matter, really whats a spotter gonna do if you fall off cusion you so it hurts him? and whats a spotter gonna do when you under rotate magicly spring up and stop you and you dont need to be supervised im sure maybe it mightnt hurt overall you ideas were pretty lame cept for ur tramp safe board that sounded pretty kool how u would make this i dont kno
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-27-2003, 3:52 PM Reply   
Some of us can't afford to end up like this: http://geocities.com/cwbproborder16/ARM.html

And "yes" a spotter can prevent you from under rotating/landing on your head when doing a flip because they're holding onto the ropes that runs up to the ceiling and back to the harness....

Old                07-01-2003, 6:54 AM Reply   
HEY IS IT O.K TO USE MY WAKEBOARD ON THE TRAMP AND TAPE THE EDGE'S OR WILL IT BREAK!
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-04-2003, 10:38 PM Reply   
Tramp board

Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-04-2003, 10:41 PM Reply   
Me tantrum

Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-04-2003, 10:44 PM Reply   
Everything is ALOT harder with the board on. I think it really simulates the weight of the board and the fact that you can't just move your feet around to catch your balance. Using it has raised my boarding level considerably. Now i don't really suck. I just suck. :-)