Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old     (petertjr)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-13-2005, 10:32 AM Reply   
My buddy just bought 2005 zues bindings, within the last 2 weeks they both broke, i just bought new shpynx, and while landing a regular jump a side blew right out of the binding, and i found the other binding is breaking as well in the same spot!

whats the matter with these people, don't they realize that these bindings we are spending hundreds od dollars should last a bit longer than a few weeks. How many do the pros go though if mine broke and i'm basically a beginner.

i can think of many ways to solve these design problems, why are they wasting our money, there only giving the sport a bad name.

i'm done venting, sorry lol
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-13-2005, 10:36 AM Reply   
It can happen with boards, boats, or anything. Both companies will replace their products.
Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-13-2005, 10:56 AM Reply   
They will replace them but it does take time. I like my 05 Zues but they keep on ripping. I just phoned up to have them replaced and they are telling me I have to wait till the end of the month before they have the part to replace it with!!!!!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-13-2005, 11:31 AM Reply   
I would rather have it last the first time I spend $300 on a binding. Instead of wakeboarding on your old ultra suc's for 3 weeks because your new bindings broke.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-13-2005, 11:36 AM Reply   
another thing that pays off is supporting your local dealer.....a lot of times they will just swap out the bindings and send the broken ones for warranty. This way you get new bindings quick. They get new bindings to put on their shelf later. You keep riding. SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BOARD SHOP!!! I know of quite a few boardshops that do this.
-Nate
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-13-2005, 11:56 AM Reply   
I agree with Nathan. When I walk into my shop they pull product from the shelf and even dismantle if necessary to send me out riding.
Old     (petertjr)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-13-2005, 12:49 PM Reply   
It really sucks for those of us who only have 3 months of riding.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-13-2005, 1:13 PM Reply   
Another suggestion.....MOVE WHERE ITS WARMER!!!
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-13-2005, 1:19 PM Reply   
That easy to say when you don't need a green card Nathan.
Old     (snead)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-13-2005, 1:28 PM Reply   
CWB is having an issue with there bindings this year, I have seen about 5-6 different pair all break in the same place. There just isn't enough material wear the screws go in to support the stress being put on it.

Bottom line...your screwed.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-13-2005, 1:38 PM Reply   
Seriously, though..... The morale of the story is: find and support a local boardshop. Like Nathan and J-Rod said, if you have a good shop you walk in with your broken product and walk out with it repaired or replaced while they sit around and wait for it to be warrantied.

I can vouch for Ski World USA in the bay area. Those guys hook it up.
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-13-2005, 2:27 PM Reply   
Have to agree with Evan regarding Ski World. The Castro Valley store is fantastic. Brian is always willing to help people out whether you are beginner (like me) or a great rider. Pleasanton is nice, too, but they do not have the inventory that Castro Valley does.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-13-2005, 9:02 PM Reply   
Regarding supporting your local shop, the one I support will not swap out bindings under warranty. The send them in for you, and call when they come back in. Total b.s in my opinion. I am contacting my local rep for my bindings to get them replaced. Go to the source I say
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-14-2005, 8:35 AM Reply   
I have probably broke more equipment in the last 10 years than anybody on the planet. Boarders Paradise always took care of me and did not give me excuses. Also Glass and Powder always took care of warranty related issues immediately. If your local shop is not supporting you, ask them for the local rep for the territory and see if they can help you. I agree with all of the above posts and local shops are where it is at!
Old    team909            07-14-2005, 9:13 AM Reply   
i had a pair og LF pro suction bindings that broke after 3 years and i got my money back in full i guess its all in the store you get them from too
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-14-2005, 9:28 AM Reply   
I had a problem with My LF Teams and I went to my local shop (that I support) and they gave me new one right off the shelf. I even had the choice if I want the O.G. Teams or the L.E's.

You might save a few bucks shopping online but you get what you pay for in lack of service. I think it's B.S. that your local shop does that to you Andy. I would drive to the next town and support another.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-14-2005, 12:22 PM Reply   
It strikes me as a little funny I guess. Sure you're paying $300 for bindings, but you are totally thrashing that equipment when you ride like a lot of us do. The very fact that they warranty a product put to the extremes is in and of itself amazing. This is the very reason that dirt bikes are sold with no warranty...cause they expect you to beat the heck out of it. Tell me about any other product you know of, which is built for "recreational abuse" and carries a warranty. LF had new transits to me in a month. Sure it was inconvenient during that time frame, but hey...I have new bindings.
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-14-2005, 1:11 PM Reply   
Tell me about any other product you know of, which is built for "recreational abuse" and carries a warranty.

Boats (similar to dirt bikes) get recreational abuse and my comes with a 5 year warranty.

I agree with everyone above on the support your local board shop. My local shop Wakesports Unlimited, goes many extra miles to satisfy their customers.
Old     (petertjr)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-16-2005, 7:53 AM Reply   
I was told it would be about 2 weeks before i get the parts to fix my LF Sphynx, hopefully in time for wakestock, or else i guess i'll have to borrow my brothers. Unfortunately i will have to practice with my old obrien vectors.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-18-2005, 6:23 AM Reply   
Not the same TSO....boats are used for pulling riders, tubers, running on the water. Use it for anything outside of what the manufacturer deems as "normal" and you will have your warranty voided. Motocross bikes as an example, are subjected to abuse that cannot be warrantied and the manufacturers present it as such. Same as boards and bindings. Buy a new car and take is racing and see if they warranty the car then? I can tell you the answer is no.