Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old     (dbo)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-23-2004, 6:21 PM Reply   
does anyone have any input on these tournaments they run.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-23-2004, 6:43 PM Reply   
What kinda input you lookin' fo?
Old     (dbo)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-23-2004, 6:50 PM Reply   
jeff i was looking somewhere else and noticed that you were from there and sent you an e-mail. now i find out what you put up here.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-23-2004, 6:56 PM Reply   
He's not just the president, he's also a client. And he's got HAIR!! I almost didn't recognize him.

WUTTUP JEFF?! Dude thanks again for the pulls! wake.....so sick(must have been the hair).
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-23-2004, 8:17 PM Reply   
dude, those touraments are a great way to get exposure and just have a great time with other riders. the CLWC has been a great influence on my life in the last year. Thanks goes out to jeff f. and everyone one else out there for working so hard to let us have fun competing.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-23-2004, 8:39 PM Reply   
Thane!

Hey Jared! Glad to see you posting up here!

Derek - Not to worry young Jedi! I'll answer your Q's here, that way other riders who may be interested can see. Canyon Lake is located in the heart of the 909 (south Riverside county, off I-15 about halfway between Ontario and San Diego, not too far from Orange county).

The events are really relaxed, and anyone of any age and any skill level is welcome (from little kids blowing kisses to the judges all the way to top pros who stop in to ride). Every rider gets props. The only requirement is that you are willing to hang with some really cool peeps and have a good time (haters need not apply). Bring your board, beach chair, and ice chest. Our first comp of the year is Saturday, April 10. For more information, you can check our website @ http://www.wakeboardclub.com

Hope this helps, I'll add your email address to our group distribution list so that you will get all the official club information.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       03-23-2004, 9:12 PM Reply   
"from little kids blowing kisses to the judges"

Jeff that was classic, there is an imagine stuck in my head from the Parker tournament. Victory at sea 3 foot white caps and here goes a very stoked contestant blowing kisses across the row of crowd and judges. I must say , I give her major props for holding the handle in one hand in such conditions!!! LOL

Oh and then the assualt of the water slide by a group CLWC contestants and pro wakeboarders a like!! I think we put the Blue Water security on red alert. I could never figure out the problem, who does not allow wakeskates on a water slide??!!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-23-2004, 9:13 PM Reply   
"Haters need not apply"

I guess I'm out!

Jeff, I wish I could join the tourneys, but I've yet to ride enough to be ready by April. (hint, hint)

Do the tourneys last all day? I ask 'cause I have been to tourneys in which wanted to ride afterwards.
Old    cws_kahuna            03-24-2004, 9:31 AM Reply   
Joe the Tournys do last from the morning to afternoon. All day though depends on how many riders show up. I know there have been several times where some of the riders go out after the tournament.