Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (naljaian)      Join Date: May 2013       06-06-2013, 1:01 PM Reply   
What wakeboard school around orlando area should i go to? Im think of taking 2 day camp. any suggestion
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-06-2013, 2:08 PM Reply   
The Wakeboard Camp or The Boarding School. I would have said The Boarding School hands down before Shaun left but now I don't know.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-06-2013, 2:13 PM Reply   
Here's another that is fairly close to OWC as well....

http://freedomwakepark.com/Pricing.html
Old     (jamesruberti)      Join Date: Nov 2012       06-06-2013, 6:07 PM Reply   
+1 for the boarding school. Went there last spring. Shaun wasn't there unfortunately because he broke his ribs at wake games but Travis, Kyle Alberts, Kyle Rattrey, and Jeff Langley were chill guys and awesome coaches. The water is always glass and they have the 2013 xstar. Doesnt get much better than that!
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-06-2013, 7:06 PM Reply   
I went to Wakeboard Camp last year and had a great experience. If you choose them try to get Brandon Judd, Billy Park , or Clayton Underwod to coach you. All of the guys there are great. Brandon and Clayton are coaches for learnwake.com also. Those guys know what they are talking about.
Old     (naljaian)      Join Date: May 2013       06-06-2013, 11:46 PM Reply   
thanks guys. I'm most likely going to the wakeboard camp
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-07-2013, 10:27 AM Reply   
Is Kyle still at TWC? If so, then you absolutely need to request him. He was been teaching people to wakeboard for a long, long time.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-07-2013, 1:27 PM Reply   
Dont let Murray be the deciding factor. Great guy but all of the coaches are Pro's. It is the most pricey out of all the camps but you do get treated like royalty. However I have heard great things about TWC and freedomwakepark sounds good as well. Jeff Langley was in one of the videos and noticed that Travis was a friend of theirs on FB so would be worth checking out as well. I would throw in there it would depend on your level of boarding. I do know at TBS you have a pro watching you at all times. You have a driver and a spotter. They both watch but one is on you at all times. Then they usually switch it up.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-07-2013, 2:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubanks01 View Post
Is Kyle still at TWC? If so, then you absolutely need to request him. He was been teaching people to wakeboard for a long, long time.
He is still involved as the lead instructor but doesn't spend much time there from what I saw. I have seen post on learnable where guys have asked him to coach them and his response is to just let them know upfront and he will come over and coach for a set. All of the guys there are money though. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Last edited by Bumpass1; 06-07-2013 at 2:20 PM.
Old     (mikeab8)      Join Date: Jan 2013       06-10-2013, 6:38 PM Reply   
Just got back from my week at the boarding school this past week. Learned more than I thought I would and had a blast doing it. All great guys there and super nice and funny, really made for an awesome week. The instruction there was really effective and always helped no matter what you were trying to learn. If I could I would go back every year.
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       06-11-2013, 7:19 AM Reply   
+1 boarding school. Was there in mid May this year. Could not have gotten more one on one instruction.

I asked about Murray leaving and it sounds like he wasn't very involved in the day to day there anyways, just made an appearance here and there, so not like much changed.

Even if another coach isn't there on a given day, just having Travis driving with his eagle eyes in the PTM mirror, he'll be able to pinpoint what you are doing wrong, even as minor as not fully tucking your chin to your shoulder. Still amazed he could see that.

Last edited by augie_09; 06-11-2013 at 7:28 AM.
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       06-11-2013, 7:33 AM Reply   
Freedom wake park. We sent our daughter there 3 yrs in a row and she learned a ton and had a blast. Tara and Cobe Mikacich are two fo the best people let alone coaches you can ever be around.
Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-11-2013, 9:40 AM Reply   
I've never been to TWC, but the boarding school is amazing. Travis has one of the most legit set ups you will ever see. Your riding goes to another level, and gives you a different perspective on riding.
Old     (mccormickscablepark)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-12-2013, 7:17 AM Reply   
With or without Shaun at The Boarding School...the setup along with Travis & his crew are nothing short of amazing!
Old     (GeistWakeDoc)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-12-2013, 6:23 PM Reply   
The best thing about the boarding school is the setup... the water is butter all the time... even during a tropical storm... last year I had Langley, Murray and Travis and all were awesome... This year I had Travis, Aaron Perkins and Clay Fletcher... Clay looks so intimidating in all his Jet Pilot ads and on the cover of Wakeboarding Mag he had last summer... but he was the most awesome coach and chill dude... I would definitely recommend it to anyone... PLUS now they have the SYSTEM 2.0 set up and that definately adds a whole dimension that wasnt there before...

the worst part about it... the conditions are so perfect, that when you get back onto your home lake... it makes it so hard to ride in any kind of wind/wave/chop!!!

We had a group of 4 and it was awesome... all different levels and the pros were equally enthusiastic about someone clearing the wake 1st time or taking an Indy Tantrum 15 feet into the flats...
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-13-2013, 7:21 AM Reply   
The Boarding School. Travis is a great guy and super talented. The first time, I went for a week and Shaun wasnt there, but was privledged to have Kyle Rattray and Josh Palma. I don't feel like I missed out b/c Shaun wasn't there so I wouldnt let that be a deciding factor. Travis always has a great group of pros working out at the camp that are super knowledgeable and down to earth humble dudes. If I didn't have three little kids I'd be down there twice a year!