Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wake Events

Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-06-2012, 1:11 PM Reply   
On September 15th the tri state area will be invaded by local and out of state wakeboarders! Since 2008 The Jersey Wakeoff has been the largest wakeboard competition in the northeast! It makes sense that the largest wakeboard competition will take place on Jersey’s largest lake, Lake Hopatcong! This dauntless body of water is conveniently located 45 minutes from New York City!

The Lake Forest Yacht Club on Lake Hopatcong will host over 70 competitors of all ages and skill levels as they ride for an individual score in hopes they will master their division and get their hand on the championship belt!

Competitors will ride behind the 2013 Malibu Wakesetter MXZ and will be judged on their performance in front of the Lake Forest Yacht Club. Judges will be looking for the best overall performance, the difficulty of their tricks, and how much air they get!

The first place overall outlaw rider will be taking home a $1,000 check courtesy of Lake Hopatcong Marine!

Competition runs from 9am – 6pm starting with the kids division. Riding levels increase as the day goes on, ending with pro level riders throwing down the most difficult tricks of the day in the outlaw division in hopes they get their hands on the $1,000 LHM check!

Check out the Wakeoff Website and the Wakeoff Facebook
Attached Images

Old     (Mahoney86)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-06-2012, 2:31 PM Reply   
I know well be there hanging out and watching, doubt there will be much riding around the lake as Im sure it'll be packed but still fun to party
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-07-2012, 7:13 AM Reply   
Ya the lake will be packed but the cove we are in becomes a no wake zone during the competition so if you want to ride in the competition you should get some nice smooth water!

We should have a series of great sponsors on hand including the Free2ride Clothing, Hyperlite, Liquid Force, CWB, Malibu, Axis and at least one energy drink company and I'm sure there will be more sponsors lined up by the time the event rolls around.
Old     (Mahoney86)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-07-2012, 7:20 AM Reply   
Sounds good, might have to sign up and see what happens
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-07-2012, 7:51 AM Reply   
There is a division for everyone so where ever you fit into those categories you have a good shot at winning! I know ill personally be in the Novice section since my skill level is well below par!

Kids - 14 and under boys/girls
Novice- No inverts men/women
Girls - 15+ All Levels
Intermediate -No more then 1 invert men/women
Masters - Over 35 men/women
Veterans - 50+ men/women
Advanced - No more then 5 inverts men/women
Outlaw - No limits men/women
Old     (Mahoney86)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-07-2012, 8:15 AM Reply   
Do you ride mostly up North eric or do you venture down to central/south jersey? Always looking for people to ride with in any direction.Shoot me a message
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-16-2012, 2:39 PM Reply   
I've only ridden 4 times this summer. I spend more time selling, driving and servicing Malibus than I do riding behind them. I'm there 7 days a week except my 2 days off a month and on those days I stay away from the lake. :-)

We have a lot of great stuff in store for the Wakeoff. Restorations are up and ready for people to fill out. We have a ramp and rail for winch pulls, redbull coming out, a pro rider from liquid force most likely coming out, beer truck and all sorts of other things as we progress along!
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-03-2012, 2:20 PM Reply   

Pro Wakeskater Danny Hampson from Orlando, FL will be coming to the 2012 Jersey Wakeoff! This will be the first time New Jersey has ever seen a Wakeskate competition and we figured the best way to kick it off is to have one of the best in the industry join us! Welcome to Jersey Danny, but don't even think about trying to pump your own gas, we got you on that one...

www.wakeoff.com
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-11-2012, 3:37 PM Reply   
Just picked up the 2013 Malibu 22mxz for the Jersey Wakeoff. The weather is looking great and we have a ton of riders registered. If you're in the north east, Lake Forest Yacht Club is THE place to be for an awesome time!!
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-13-2012, 7:26 AM Reply   
Two days till the wakeoff! Be ready!!!!!!!