Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Joeindublin)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-15-2010, 3:06 PM Reply   
Anyone have anything for sale in the 109-119 size range...
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-16-2010, 5:24 AM Reply   
Hi Joe, I have .. errr... My son has an O'Brien 119 (2009) that is a great ride-behind-the-boat board but it's a little beat up around the edges and shipping to Cali would cost half of what I paid for it.

FWIW I picked it up brand new last year for 89$ at the Dania Marine Flea Market. They also auctioned one off last month on this site for the Charity thing for pretty cheep.

Check Ebay and CL, you will find something. That board is super easy to ride and is an affordable learning board but heavy and fin-sticky.

On the downside... a year later he progressed beyond that board and I just ponied up retail cash for a Ronix Vision. Night and day difference between the set -ups but triple the dough.

On a side note I think we need a Grom or little shredders page. Lots of proud parents around here.

Have a wet weekend,
John
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-16-2010, 7:22 AM Reply   
How much does your boy weigh.

Might want to get him a 125cm board, so he wont grow out of it in a year.

CWB Surge 125cm package is very nice.
Old     (Joeindublin)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-16-2010, 7:42 AM Reply   
Hes maybe 45 lbs... I found a 02 hyperlite motiv for 100..... Looks good
Old     (thescott)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-16-2010, 7:51 AM Reply   
We got my nephew a Hyperlite Motive 109 when he was 5 and about 40#'s. He seems to really dig it. With the way he's growing, won't last beyond this summer I'm sure. He's about 55#'s now and a couple inches taller than in this pic from last year. I don't have any from this year yet, but the boards starting to look a bit small now. We got about 2 full seasons out of it and will just hang on to it for the other munchkins in the family that aren't old enough to ride yet.