Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-14-2006, 9:27 AM Reply   
CC has to put vinyl stripes over the color change in their boats in order to hide the, not so crisp line. I wonder why a company such as CC cant get their gelcoat to have a crisp line between colors? I have seen much cheaper boats runabouts etc. that dont have that problem.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-14-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
thanks Walt. I sounded completely retarded, didn't I? duh. was not at all how I was thinking in my head. you answered what I was thinking though. the narrow beam makes the boat that much easier to sink, so the wake grows easier.
with that said, riding behind a loaded down SAN, was still the best wake I have ever ridden.
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-14-2006, 10:16 AM Reply   
Billy, CC no longer puts tape over thier gell lines on thier new hull models. 220, 226 and I would assume the new 210. They do it to hide the small amounts of gel that go under the tape in the mold. I've looked at many MC's, Supra's, Tige, etc and they have the exact same imperfections when two gel colors meet. If you look closely you will see them on all boats.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-14-2006, 10:37 AM Reply   
I have looked at many MCs and have yet to find imperfections where the colors meet. They are very crisp, I looked at a black and grey metal flake the other day and it was even crisp between those colors. I have seen imperfections on the rest of the Gelcoat which I think is quite common with all Mfgs. Hey Phil how old is your kid? I have a son that just turned 6. Your little guy looks to be close to the same age. Cool pic though.

(Message edited by woreout on December 14, 2006)
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-15-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
i slalom and wakeboard (dont even start hating on me for slalom, its just a needed change every once in a while) the 2001 slalom wake is by no means a 80s mc stars and stripes. its pretty hard but its def at the competition level. load that baby up with 1500 pounds and you pretty much have a 210 wake. ive compared the two and thats my opinion. as for whats wheighs more the 454 or the 351, i dont think it really makes that much of a difference, and the 351 has all the power i need. we actually went and rode without ballast this morning and it still had enough wake to play around on, its sooo cold i didnt really wanna risk wipin out and i just wanted the workout. my friend and i came in and we both agreed that we were pleased with how the morning had gone :-)
Old     (auerbach)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-19-2006, 8:22 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload

The '07 wake doesn't look that bad. Better pictures on planet nautique.

I'm glad I found about 5000 high speed German servers....lol!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-19-2006, 3:59 PM Reply   
Looks like a mellower version of the 211 wake to me.