Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (diddy666)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-15-2006, 7:46 AM Reply   
So far it looks like mostly Jr mens riders. Does anyone know if any of the pros intend on competing?
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-15-2006, 8:08 AM Reply   
I would bet on Gerry Nunn riding since he is so involved in INT. The problem is there is no FL INT so that means they would have to travel to a state just to compete. Their travel schedule is so tight now it would be tough. Every weekend in July is booked and August isn't much better.

If they do have a weekend off from competition they probably have a commitment to a sponsor or a photo shoot, etc. If they aren’t committed they probably would cherish the time off versus more travel. The Jr. Men you see riding are not living in FL.

Plus the INT format (which is great) is not well suited to pro riding. The key to INT is to know the system. That is to get the 10 most profitable tricks you can land quickly in a short pass. Style is secondary. You are rewarded more for two technical tricks than one sweet stylish big technical rtrick. Composition is important in the pro more than the number of tricks. I am not saying there won’t be any. I am just pointing out how tough it is for them to do so.
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-15-2006, 8:10 AM Reply   
I would bet on Gerry Nunn riding since he is so involved in INT. The problem is there is no FL INT so that means they would have to travel to a state just to compete. Their travel schedule is so tight now it would be tough. Every weekend in July is booked and August isn't much better.

If they do have a weekend off from competition they probably have a commitment to a sponsor or a photo shoot, etc. If they aren’t committed they probably would cherish the time off versus more travel. The Jr. Men you see riding are not living in FL.

I am not saying there won’t be any. I am just pointing out how tough it is for them to do so.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-15-2006, 8:16 AM Reply   
I think Andrew A. will ride...I am working on Grasman. Jacob Scott definately.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-15-2006, 8:46 AM Reply   
What's the highest pro score anyone knows of so
far?
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-15-2006, 9:01 AM Reply   
http://www.intleague.com/us_championships/pro_divisions.html
Old    roadking            06-15-2006, 5:56 PM Reply   
Andrew Adkison will be competing, and Gabe Lucas.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-15-2006, 6:20 PM Reply   
Kevin Bird just set the high score of the year, I think. Based on what he landed, I pretty sure he is in the high 18,000's. He knows how the INT system works and he stomped it.

Oh, and Kevin is a coach for www.DeltaWakeboardCamp.com

Shameless Plug
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-15-2006, 6:51 PM Reply   
The INT scoring for qualifying for the USC is based on your base score (points per trick) with style points used only to the determine that events winner. A score of 13,000 points (without style) will be needed to qualify. There are only 2 scores posted so far over the 13,000. Kevin Brid should be the 3rd.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-15-2006, 6:59 PM Reply   
I think Kevin went over 13000. Not sure. But, this does make the INT pro division exciting.

As for the INT having a bunch Jr. Men riders... trust me, they are great and the future of the sport. The National junior riders like Alex, etc., can beat any regional "PRO"... any day.
Old     (raddad)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-15-2006, 7:39 PM Reply   
sunday comp. central cal. Kevin Bird 19000 points
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-16-2006, 8:01 AM Reply   
Kevin Bird absolutely killed it on Sunday....
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-16-2006, 12:39 PM Reply   
The Jr men are pros. The top riders like Whatley, Errington, Larich, Hair, Tholander and a couple of others can ride.