Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (jmepek)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-14-2006, 3:22 PM Reply   
Im thinking of getting a ROAM and I'm trying to decide which bindings to go with. I'm debating between the package bindings (ROAM) or getting a deal on a pair of 05 closeouts (like Byerly's).
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-14-2006, 3:24 PM Reply   
Byerlys are going to be kinda stiff... something like Parks or Era's would be great. Although Murray rode his bindings on the Roam and they were kinda stiff.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-14-2006, 4:51 PM Reply   
if your goin to be using the roam strictly for jibbing, carving, sliding, and such i would go with the roam bindings. they are very flexible and you can tweak them out pretty well. however, they have zero ankle support. the roam is the only board i have ridden for the past 2 years. i do all my normal wake tricks as well as jibbing, sliding..... on it. last year i rode it with murray bindings and had no problem with them beein too stiff or anything like that. the past 2 months ive been riding the 06 board with the 06 parks bindings and found the parks to be very flexible yet supportive enuf to ride hard in. i get my new murrays in this week and will be riding those from now on. i find that the flexibility of the murrays is almost the same as the parks bindings and jus a lil more supportive. plus i think they look cooler. i know that the eras are a little softer but they dont fit my feet well and the byerlys dont clamp down on my feet the way i would like. i leave the top loose and crank the bottom down all the way. hope this helps out a bit
Old    xtremebordgurl            06-14-2006, 5:14 PM Reply   
I love the roam board and I ride it as my primary board for that reason, last summer I was riding it with the 03 belmonts and this year I got new bindnings so I'll be riding with the 06 3ds. I would say try on a bunch of different bindings and see which best sut you and you feel the most comfortable in, don't tailor your bindings to the board, tailor it to you and what makes you comfortable. Cuase lets say you get those super flex roam bindings, but generally you tend to love stiff boots or a lot of ankle support yea that sounds like it would be a good idea but if your uncomfortable, you won't enjoy the ride. And if your not enjoying the ride then that defeats the whole purpose of wakeboarding. So regardless of what board you choose, pick a binding that you absolutely love. Just my .02 Good luck and most importantly have fun!
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-14-2006, 6:52 PM Reply   
at a lot of the events that I have been to, most of the pro riders ride the same bindings that they ride on their normal boards with the roam. I am buying the 06 roam next week and I plan to ride with the 06 Murray's.