Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-07-2011, 5:30 AM Reply   
What kind of speakers do you have and how long have they lasted? When did you first have to replace your speakers?

I've got the Rockford Fosgate that came on my Malibu a few years ago. I'm wondering how long these will last and when I'll need new ones.
Old     (dcrillz)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-07-2011, 5:57 AM Reply   
I had clarions in my 2001 x star. They lasted until last season. I had to replace the whole system because it all went at the same time. I brought it to one of the local audio shops and had them put in JL audio product. I am very pleased with the new system. The technician who replaced them was surprised how long the clarion system lasted.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-07-2011, 7:40 AM Reply   
Infinity's are 5 years old and going strong in my boat.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-07-2011, 7:41 AM Reply   
Kicker KTM-6 ( I think they are) - bought them 5 years ago, still going strong. They are awesome speakers for the price - paid $440 for 4 of them w/ housings and they are super loud (about as good as it gets without going to HLCD)
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-07-2011, 4:53 PM Reply   
MBQ interior speakers, Kicker 12" sub & dBot5 tower speakers..... everything is going on it's 5th yr now. Still sounds good. I've added a WS420 to get some tower speaker control out of it.
Heading to TheMalibuCrew's WOW on Banks Lake on Sunday. The plan is to network as many boats on the beach as possible. Word is we have the cables to do around 13 boats. Should be fun.....
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-07-2011, 6:50 PM Reply   
clarion inboats lasted 5yrs.
MB Quartz tower are 7yrs old and were still kicking when I pulled them off for my new wetsounds Rev'8s.
I have had my WS XS-650's for a couple yrs now and they sound as good as the day I got them.