Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-10-2004, 1:08 PM Reply   
My tower is finally loaded and ready for battle. I am really happy with the sound of the new speakers both in and on the tower. Big thanks go out to Grant for convincing me that a PreAMP is the way to go. The Audio Controls preamp I used boosted the power and control of the sound incredibly. The best $200 I have ever spent.
The TITAN speakers and clamps are chrome plated over the aluminum which means I never have to polish them. All the speaker wires go through the clamps so nothing is exposed. The sound of the MB Quartz speakers in the Titan cans are more than I expected. Plenty of power to hear while riding, although expectedly a little light on the base while the boat is moving. The cooler was converted to Twin 10” JL W3’s give great base in the boat and great sound while parked at the beach. All the speakers in the boat were also upgraded to MB Quartz. with everything running at 2oms.
The Rockford 4004 amps have not let me down even stuffed with towels in 110 degree heat. They also will run over 4 hours at high volume on a single battery. I am amazed at the sound I can produce with only 800 amps.

boat

towerrear

Tower Front

Amps

preamp

subs

Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-10-2004, 1:11 PM Reply   
That is quite possibly the sickest boat I have seen on here. Good colors, great system. Looks like a pretty clean install too. Congrats you'll have fun with that one. If you wanna upgrade to an '05 next year let me know....nah I bet you wanna hold on to that one.
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-10-2004, 3:55 PM Reply   
Sweet ride. Did you build that box for the subs yourself. Im looking to do that to my san and get the sub out of the storage compartment but Im not sure where to being. Any help would be appreciated.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-10-2004, 4:04 PM Reply   
BTW that is a sweet tiedown setup you have to keep the boat swinging from side to side. Might be a stupid question but is it portable or is that in front of your house?? I've never seen anything like it although it might be something out of Overtons or something that everyone has.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-10-2004, 4:05 PM Reply   
If you look closely the carpet on my sub box is from an 04. I need to get a new box done with the 03 carpet that is slightly different. If your interested we could make a deal here with the guy who made this box. He was waiting to sell the 04 carpet box before he covered me a new one. I will get a price by Monday.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-10-2004, 4:29 PM Reply   
Ryan,
We just use t-stake fence post and drive it into the sand and cover with 1.5" pvc. Works great for multiday/boat trips. I dont like having shore lines for me to trip on. You really only need one stake.

mead camp
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-10-2004, 4:54 PM Reply   
That's a sweet stereo setup!

The anchoring system is interesting as well - I only wonder if there would be difficulty if the shoreline were steeper than usual so that the top of the stake would be too deep when placed near the ski pylon. How long is the stake?
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-10-2004, 4:57 PM Reply   
Darn nice job Troy. Is that TFD yours? Hey, we bought our boy a drysuit because of the pull you gave us this winter. Got an adult XXS, cuz he seemed to fit okay into your XS. Hope it'll help us get out more frequently this year. Can't wait for good water ;-) Nice stereo dude.
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-10-2004, 4:57 PM Reply   
SWEET!!
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-10-2004, 6:29 PM Reply   
Ryan, speaking of sick...you should see Troy's garage - got a full-height RV door plus a couple normal doors. Every man should have a cave like that to retreat to.
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-10-2004, 6:40 PM Reply   
Troy,
Let me know on the price.
Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-11-2004, 12:57 AM Reply   
I give it a BLING +

:-)
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-11-2004, 12:22 PM Reply   
Troy - nice pics of my boats. I'm such a spoiled wake whore.

You're stereo is the sickest I've seen, and listened to at 80 feet. Those Titan tower speakers are awesome. I was actually singing along to Barenaked Ladies this morning when I was riding. Great job on the stereo.

don't change your profile picture though. Who is that handsome dude drivin' your boat?