Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (vince_trac)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-28-2011, 10:40 AM Reply   
Hello.

I've seen in the last Wakeboarding Mag that Nautiques offers for 2011 a "zero off river mode".
I've seen threads from 2004 talking about that so i know its not new but i wonder in this case what are the differencies between the old and the new? And most importantly... i have a 09' nautique 196 on a river with sometimes a lot of current, do you think it is possible to upgrade my 09' zero off gps with the river mode ?

Thanx !!
Vince
Old     (SBRS)      Join Date: Oct 2010       02-28-2011, 12:16 PM Reply   
I saw your post and wanted to know the answer to your question for my own knowledge. I spoke to a CC customer service person... your ZO head unit can be updated. You can send it to ZO and they will update the software for free.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       02-28-2011, 5:58 PM Reply   
How does this work with GPS? Do you guesstimate the current speed and set it when driving one way and it automatically adjusts when you turn around? This wouldn't work too well for me as I boat on a tidal river. The current changes speed continuously and changes direction several times a day. At slack tide there's no current. Depending on the position of the moon, time of the tide swing, and any recent rains it can rip pretty fast, at times it can take all you have to swim against the current to get back to the boat if you're just anchored and swimming. I considered zero off but went with a paddle wheel Perfect Pass due to the tidal current. Still curious as to how this works and if it does a good job though.