Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-14-2009, 11:23 AM Reply   
Hey guys,

We've been promising pics of the new boat for a full year now. We were kinda lagging getting it all together. The stereo took us the longest, but we're super happy with how it turned out. We've got the new NVS fore-play set-up, and Ryan over at Chuchtronics got us hooked up through Zapco with a full complement of amps which he did a killer install on. Hopefully he'll chime in and post some of the pics of the build.

For now, here's what I've got. Most of the these pics have floated around here before, but I figured I'd put them all together with some explanation. Right now we're running 4 Zapco amps. Mono amps on the 15" ported sub under the observers seat and on the NVS Deviants in the center. The boat speakers and outer NVS' have their own respective Zapco's, too.

The amps are mounted vertical in a rack on the drivers side fed with fresh air by some computer fans. We added a few batteries. Right now we're running 3, but we've got a box in place for a 4th that we'll be adding over the winter.

HSE provided us with one of their speed regulated volume control. It's gotta be one of the coolest gadgets (next to perfect pass) that we've had on one of our boats.

To say the stereo rips is an understatement. A huge thanks to everyone that made this boat possible for us. We've loving every minute of it.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    murphy8166            10-14-2009, 11:29 AM Reply   
Nice. I would love to see some pics.

Do you typically only take dudes out to the lake? PIMP
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-14-2009, 11:36 AM Reply   
We're all married, most of us have kids. We're not too worried about stacking our boats with ladies anymore these days. We ride, and that's it. Almost all of those pics are from a guys riders weekend at Bullards Bar. The first pic is from CWB's catalog shoot at Oroville.

However, if you're looking for pics of ladies, then why not do some searches for our Spring Ride. I think that'll be more up your alley.

Anywhoooo.... ha, ha, ha.
Old    mcbean7            10-14-2009, 11:43 AM Reply   
Awesome looking boat. The color combo is sweet. I'd love to see some pics of the install and interior.
Thanks for posting.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-14-2009, 12:02 PM Reply   
What's the rationale to go with the 15? I've always thought if you have the power and room 15's in a boat are unbeatable as far as SPL. Seems like most installers stick to 12's......
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-14-2009, 12:30 PM Reply   
The tower looks LOUD!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-14-2009, 12:34 PM Reply   
Sam, I think the deal really is space. The 15 is unbeatable in terms of moving air. The X-star has so much room under the observers side that it isn't a problem to get a ported box 15 in there.

We had 2 12's in there initially and it didn't hit nearly as hard.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-14-2009, 1:05 PM Reply   
Boat looks good in pictures.. looks amazing in real life.. when you see that thing coming down the water you know who it is. I just cant get over how slammed the front of that boat sits in the water...

Sick Boat Boys!!
Old     (chucktronics)      Join Date: Nov 2007       10-14-2009, 6:48 PM Reply   
Thanks for the props ya'll

System:

Factory clarion cd player
HSE-RVC
Audio Control -Overdrive
Audio Control -Matrix
1-Zapco DC 1100.1 to the NVS Prodigy
1-Zapco DC 1100.1 to the NVS Modus
1-Zapco DC 1100.1 to the interior JL Audio components
1-Zapco 1200 to the Digital Designs 2515 Subwoofer

There is no need for a dash mount EQ as these Amplifiers are Processor controlled via laptop.
http://www.zapco.com/prod/DC_Ref/DC_11001Frame.htm

The vent in the walkway is a inlet with (2) 5 inch box fans behind exchanging air constantly

Sam- Excellent question ,pending the particular boat and install determines the size enclosure therefore the woofer size ,most common mistake made.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       10-15-2009, 9:00 AM Reply   
And if your wanting to hear it in person then be at Union Point Saturday around 1pm. CIE boys should have BC4 out there thumpin a tune or two.
Old     (shawnmdarnell)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-15-2009, 8:16 PM Reply   
Any pics with the enclosure installed, that has to be a pretty big box according to DD specs.
Old     (chucktronics)      Join Date: Nov 2007       10-15-2009, 8:40 PM Reply   
Well DD specs are designed for installs with cabin gain and more towards the spl side of things rather than everyday use in a boat resulting in larger boxes and larger x section of ports. The enclosure was built at 2.5 net with a 40 square inch port . Both sub and port are firing into the side of the boat. The box design is similar to the one for the digi-camo x star we did ,just larger scale.

The second pic is a box that we actually built for two 12's in the same boat
UploadUpload
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-16-2009, 6:12 PM Reply   
Beautiful work on that box, Ryan. It's no wonder the boat pounds. We'll be out enjoying it tomorrow.
Old     (pdqwrx)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-17-2009, 12:46 AM Reply   
Ryan...Rocks!
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       10-17-2009, 5:40 AM Reply   
Ryan,

Sick install! Wish we saw more of this over here in the UK...

On the interior speakers, did you just parallel them all in a long daisy chain round the boat to make a 1-channel amp work? Is this something you do often and what would you say the benefit is over just running a 4-channel or 6-channel amp? I guess loss of Stereo (versus mono) must be a small consideration??
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-17-2009, 6:16 AM Reply   
that doesn't look like a 2500 series DD
Old     (chucktronics)      Join Date: Nov 2007       10-17-2009, 7:46 AM Reply   
Ewing -
The box layout is the same as what you see in the pics,however I did not take pics of the CIE enclosure and was using this pics as a example.The sub in the picture is a DD 9510.

Brit-
I like to run everything in mono if i can. Sometimes it is nice to have that separation in the boat .With boats at 80 ft back there is no distinction between L/R and only causes most people to think there is a loss in volume. I keep the interior the same for phasing issues with the tower. All the zapco DC amps have "time-alignment" and "Phase adjust" in them . This is a critical element in the tuning process.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-17-2009, 9:32 AM Reply   
Thought the motor looked familiar...good stuff
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-19-2009, 12:25 PM Reply   
The system is brutal loud and super clear. Everyone that was at Orwood this weekend got a sample on saturday.

Such sick work. Ryan, great seeing you on saturday. Thanks for coming out.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-19-2009, 12:46 PM Reply   
Its insane how loud and clear it is.. I will say its prolly the loudest boat I have heard.. and it just surrounds the sound.. its not harsh or annoying loud.. it just sounds insane..

Very impressive!
Old     (domin8)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-20-2009, 10:12 PM Reply   
We were out Saturday on Upper Vic's changing riders around 1pm, we could here a boat comming west towards us from half mile away. Sure enough guess who went by. Yup BC4. I think "brutal loud" covers it really well.
Old     (robertzapco)      Join Date: Apr 2009       10-22-2009, 9:20 AM Reply   
Evan this is Robert from Zapco, Glad you guys are enjoying the amplifiers. When Ryan told us about you guys and what you do for the Wake boarding community we were glad to help you guys out. THe Boat looks great. Once again Ryan Great Job.
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-22-2009, 9:58 AM Reply   
We need more pictures of the install, Ryan!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-22-2009, 12:19 PM Reply   
Robert, thanks a ton from the whole crew. Your amps are absolutely amazing. I'm 100% Zapco from here on out. I can't believe how much clean power they make and the tuneability is great.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-22-2009, 4:09 PM Reply   
love zapco stuff... cant go wrong with it.

run mixed mono on the towers (going to toot my own horn - i have been saying that for years)and stereo in the boat

(Message edited by clubmyke on October 22, 2009)
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       10-22-2009, 4:46 PM Reply   
dam spring ride cant come soon enough. i want to see and hear this thing. looks sick
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       10-26-2009, 4:20 AM Reply   
Ryan,

Just been looking into the Zapco amps and on face value, looks like they are off the chain.

Shame no one seems to sell them in the UK. I may order some up and test them out. I take it you have no issues running them in the marine environment?
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-27-2009, 1:44 AM Reply   
Zapco's are nice. I switched my amps and eq over to Zapco a year or so ago. I love the balanced line cables. Easy on installs and no worries of engine noise.
Old     (chucktronics)      Join Date: Nov 2007       10-27-2009, 11:48 PM Reply   
There are many great amplifiers on the market but none with the signal processing of the zapco dc series.However there are other good amplifiers that we can achieve this same goal with . You can take a dsp-6-sl from zapco and combine it with any amplifier to give you the same results(recommended amps:Arc audio of Wetsounds)these amplifiers would give you the sound that many people are liking from the CIE boat . There are no other processors on the market that would help in the marine environment as much as this one . This unit really helps with the alignment of the subs with tower and with those of you who have subwoofers in multiple locations of the boat.

clubmyke-mxed mono? that's not mixed mono ,I haven't heard or wired something in that manner for awhile

1st image: zapco dsp-6-sl 2nd image:screen shot of tuning from laptop

Upload Upload