Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (csswake3)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-21-2010, 4:04 PM Reply   
Thinking about taking my old board and making it into a guestbook for my wedding in a month. Anyone done this before? I am wondering if spray paint would work fine? I am planning on buying some vinyl decals of the logo we are using on invitations, etc and placing them on the board and spray painting over them? Just not sure if spray paint will be good enough or if i need to look at like a paint gun for like automobile paint? Thoughts?
Old     (austin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-23-2010, 2:26 PM Reply   
My brother did this at his wedding this summer. I think he used one of those fake display wakeboards though like you see benches made out of in proshops rather than a real wakeboard. Message me your email or phone number, and I'll see if he's willing to contact you about what kind of paint and markers he used.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-23-2010, 3:01 PM Reply   
I did this too. All I did was buy one of these older Roams for $ 100.00 and left a bunch of Sharpie's for people to sign with. Turned out great.
Attached Images

Old     (tcmercil)      Join Date: May 2006       09-24-2010, 9:44 AM Reply   
I did it with a snowboard, I bought a new rental board online that was white, then stuck a photo over the logo in the middle - turned out well... I plan on hanging it over my bar in my basement area....

So much better than a typical guestbook.[/SIZE]
Attached Images

Old     (csswake3)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-24-2010, 10:20 AM Reply   
Did you put like a clear coat over the signatures?? I am wondering how easily they would/wouldn't smear or smudge
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-24-2010, 10:30 AM Reply   
Awesome, great idea. I have no idea where oir guestbook is, don't think I have ever looked at it.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-24-2010, 12:08 PM Reply   
I don't think you really need to bother with a clear. Sure it may help but I don't know how required it would be. Sharpie's don't really smudge after drying within a couple of minutes after signing.
Old     (azwakeYO)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-24-2010, 9:27 PM Reply   
Whenever I ride with a new person I have them sign my board with a sharpie and so far the only fading factor has been sun since the board is still ridden alot.