Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (keithowen)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-10-2009, 9:30 AM Reply   
This past Wednesday my family and I happened to be at the Orlando airport around 6:30am to catch our flight home from our Make a Wish/Give Kids the World(great foundations) trip to Disney World. I had just emptied my breakfast trash and stopped to check some mags out at the book store on my way back to our gate. I was still rubbing the sleep out of my eyes as I had to do a double take when these three walked in just behind me. I stepped back for a minute so they could see if there were any mags worth getting. I'm personally not much for bothering people(although I was stoked for sure!) so I was more than content with letting the guys know that it was cool to see them and that I was a big fan as I walked out. I had barely gotten the words out of my mouth and Parks had already shaken my hand and asked my name. This caught me a little off guard and I think I just mumbled something lame about being from Idaho and that it had just snowed so our riding was pretty well through. JD and Adam were just as cool and seemed more than happy to take the time to say hi to a fan. Their flight happened to be in the same gating area as mine and the guys didn't even hesitate when I walked back to get a picture with them(Parks had a different flight).
Upload

While their individual sponsors are no doubt very aware of what they have with these three, I think it's worth saying that these guys represented themselves, our sport, and the industry as a whole in a very positive manner and that was refreshing to see.

Thanks again guys and best of success in the future.
Sorry about the pic. I suck at photoshop.
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-10-2009, 10:28 AM Reply   
Cool pic! It's always good to hear about the pros being down to earth and chill and really representing the sport and their sponsors well
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       10-10-2009, 10:51 AM Reply   
thats awesome! i've realized this seems to be the case with pretty much anyone in pro wakeboarding. They're all so laid back and not uptight about fans bothering them, you can tell they really appreciate the support. There's not many sports out there where you can email/twitter/webcast (stoketv) the pros if you want to, and actually get a meaningful/thought out response back. be it about riding, pro tour stops, or just a casual "hey guys, i'm a fan". Like Keith's example here. Really says alot about the sport. cool stuff, keith
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-10-2009, 10:52 AM Reply   
Very good to hear. Not a lot of sports can say that about their big names
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-16-2009, 2:23 PM Reply   
I know I'm just repeating what you guys said but it needs to be said again. Pro wakeboarders have to be the easiest going athletes in the world. I met alot of them in Oklahoma last year and everyone of them that I went up to was more than willing to chat with me. I'm not surprised that JD and Adam did that. I thought they were very cool.
Old    gnarshredd            10-16-2009, 2:25 PM Reply   
I've said it before and will continue to say it until I die. This is the best sport in the world.