Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-12-2008, 7:09 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=1748

so i guess the speculations of him riding for Company Wake are dead huh

forgive me if this is old news
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-12-2008, 7:11 PM Reply   
re-sign. not resign.

the hyphen makes a huge difference.
Old     (madison_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-13-2008, 3:29 AM Reply   
Correct spelling and grammar are not attributes commonly associated with internet discourse.

Or should I say: "PPl don't speel so good on the intrnets.l"

:-D
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-13-2008, 10:53 AM Reply   
O kNOW graaamerr pOOLECE!
Old     (madison_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-13-2008, 12:46 PM Reply   
That's me--I'm the Eric Estrada of grammar. :-P
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-13-2008, 4:59 PM Reply   
People may scoff at the need for proper grammar on the internet, but it has a way of creeping into all aspects of your communication. You would be surprised how many poor papers come my way in school from students who are used to texting all day long and have forgotten (or are simply too lazy) to write properly.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-13-2008, 7:24 PM Reply   
Call me a grumpy old man, but sometimes poor grammar drives me absolutely crazy. Like when somebody wins a wakeboard and they write me back with their address and can't even capitalize their own name and address. Call me crazy, but I think that tells me something about that person and it's not super positive.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-13-2008, 8:32 PM Reply   
what the heck are you talkin' about dave?
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-13-2008, 8:35 PM Reply   
I'm just as grumpy about bad grammar as well, but I do make my mistakes from time to time :P

It drives me insane when my employees are typing invoices and they wont capitalize street names and the customers names, and thats just the obvious areas they do it.
Old     (brucer)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-13-2008, 9:42 PM Reply   
hey dave... i've made it my goal in life to never use capitals again as long as i live. deal with it!
Old     (wakerpunk)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-13-2008, 9:49 PM Reply   
Alright guys, Im not supposed to say it yet but I cannot hold this oh so important news back from all you gossipers. I am infact the secret rider for company, so let the myths drown and the truth float. Wonder no more. I am still wondering about swatspin though, im convinced that the contract with LF was fake and he really switched to waketech. On the other hand that could be all speculation, so keep debating!
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-15-2008, 7:47 PM Reply   
ok back on the topic will Watson get a new shape this year? He has had the same shape since his first pro model and the pics on the ronix blog were he is riding what looks like nex graphics but still looks the same shape?
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-15-2008, 7:57 PM Reply   
he has had 3 or so shapes on lf. the helix, the substance and the current watson. i heard from my rep he has a new binding and shape.
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-15-2008, 8:31 PM Reply   
oh ok sorry i didnt realize that he had sig boards previous to the "Watson"