Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old    duddell            06-25-2006, 6:38 PM Reply   
Have had less than great luck with hyperlite bindings. Will bindings from another brand bolt on to my board properly?
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-25-2006, 6:42 PM Reply   
What didnt work when you were trying to put the bindings on? I thought there was a pretty standard pattern for holes and all bindings worked with all boards?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-25-2006, 6:43 PM Reply   
Sure will.

I recommend the CWB Zeus or Torq.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-25-2006, 6:44 PM Reply   
Nice sales pitch, j

The bindings will fit, you may need different size hardware however. Some inserts are deeper than others.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-25-2006, 6:56 PM Reply   
I had to beat you to it before this guy wasted his money of some O'Brien boots.

j/k

I'm just a rider, not a shop!
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-25-2006, 7:10 PM Reply   
Can't go wrong with the CWB's though.... great bindings!
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-25-2006, 8:50 PM Reply   
you probably just need different hardware...
Old    stoked27            06-25-2006, 8:54 PM Reply   
I have a hyperlite premier board, with LF alpha bindings. The bindings fit, however I need to use longer screws. I use bones on mine too, but they don't fit as well as hyperlite bindings. I just have to play around with the combination, but I'm happy with it.
Old    atom_ant            06-25-2006, 10:47 PM Reply   
Evan is right, you def. need longer screws. I have a 130 premier and was trying out some lf watsons with the lf hardware. I go for a ts backroll just like always and all goes well until the landing. Both bindings slid off the board and I'm sitting in the water with two bindings on and no board. It could have been bad, but lucky for me it was just lots of laughs from the boat.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-25-2006, 11:46 PM Reply   
not bad mouth a brand, but LF screws are way short. I think its just smart to get longer screws anyway if you get LF bindings. Just to be on the safe side.

and Hype screws are often to long for other brands but easily solved with a couple washers added.
Old    duddell            06-26-2006, 12:59 PM Reply   
Wow that was my first post on WW and I am just stoked at the amount of responses from you guys. I am fairly new to the sport and your info is very much appreciated. I will wait to see if anyone else has any thing to offer and do some research of my own, when I decide something I will let you guys know. Thanks fellas.}
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-26-2006, 1:14 PM Reply   
i have hyperlite temets on an obrien vision and had to put a couple extra washers because of the long screws that come with HL bindings. i tried finding the next shorter screw length from home depot and it was to short. the extra washers have worked great. And as far as i know the holes are the same size on all boards just some are deeper then others