Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 07, 2006

Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-01-2006, 10:57 AM Reply   
I am thinking about getting a new board (2006) for next season. I've been riding an '03 Jobe Insight for 2 years now, and I just want to get something new. My boat does not have a very big wake, so I am thinking I should still stick with a 3-stage (but I could be wrong).

Also, are there ballast bags that are only about 300 or 400 #. I have only come across 500+ on the internet.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-01-2006, 11:17 AM Reply   
Check out the CWB Absolute Platnium. Light snappy with great pop off the wake.
As far as the Ballast bags, go to
www.barefootinternational.com they got fat sacs in all sizes.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-01-2006, 12:04 PM Reply   
The Absolute is a great board. Very smooth and definitely a 3 stage board that serves }beginner to intermidiate riders well.

Also consider the CWB Pure and Flame. Very rider friendly. These are the solder Absolute models. My favorites.
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-01-2006, 12:10 PM Reply   
Thanks for the help. I am definitely going to keep it in mind.
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-01-2006, 12:12 PM Reply   
Absolute Platinum for sure. Jarrod, I have my own now so you don't have worry about Evan ever snaggin it out of your storage....lol.
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-01-2006, 4:24 PM Reply   
The board i have is the 138. I am about 150#. Does it matter which size i go with, 135 or 141. 135 says up to 170#, and the 141 is 150# and up.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-01-2006, 4:57 PM Reply   
I have a 141 Absolute and several other guys on my boat ride it from time to time and they are around 150, they like the size (I am 195). All the new tricks go down on the Absolute too, one guy landed his first two backrolls on it, another landed his first FS 3 on it, and they both ride the Transcend normally.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-01-2006, 6:56 PM Reply   
I weigh 150 and rock the 135, I prefer smaller boards though. Personally I think its the perfect size for your weight.
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-01-2006, 7:13 PM Reply   
I've been thinking about a new board. Currently riding a 01 Byerly and have zero complaints. However, the 02 UltraSuctions are going this year.

Are the new rides that much better. Most of the people here seem to change out yearly. Does it make you a better rider or just get you more stoked to go out and try new stuff.

(Message edited by derby on February 01, 2006)
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-01-2006, 7:50 PM Reply   
Durby, some boards will help if your about 3 seasons behind. Most you will find that the new boards have more rocker and also land softer. This is needed for the bigger wakes we ride now. For me I think its just more the stoke of a new feel under my feet. I did find a new baby to ride. This one I will stay on it for a full season. Mostly because I have tried almost every thing out there and there is no more. Plus the wife for once cut me off.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-01-2006, 8:32 PM Reply   
If you ride a lot, boards will lose their pop. The board I rode all last year is basically dead, it has some pop but it is noticeably softer than a new deck. As for bindings, they have improved. But the last four years the boots have been good quality in general. It always fun to rock the latest & greatest...
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-01-2006, 9:03 PM Reply   
Just posted on Heavy's theory in Squids new thread. I dont see the difference in performance. I can kind of grasp what Squid is saying. Kind of...are you saying that more rocker gives you more pop and softer landings. I thought that more rocker or continous rocker made is softer, but the three stage or rather middle stage in a three stage rocker gave you more pop.

I'll be honest I have never put to much consideration to board technology. Shoot I rode a Perez with straps till 97 and progressed ever year. I guess what I'm trying to say is I put more weight on my mind and physical ability then my equipment.

By the way, thanks to all of you for entertaining me the past few months since I found this site. It makes my rehab a little easier...a little.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-01-2006, 9:35 PM Reply   
I think but could be wrong more rocker = more pop. A board needs more rocker to make it threw the bigger transitions of the wake. Also the transitions are so big some older boards will get stuck in them and the board will come to a stop.
A board with 1.5 rocker will stab threw a big wake and almost stop as you go threw it. Now with a 2.40 to 3.00 rocker the board will climb the wake to the top of the peak and give you the best pop. (Joe Umali help you can get the worlds out better than me)