Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-03-2006, 5:12 PM Reply   
How do you like their customer service? As for me i'm not real happy. I got a 15LG1 handle for fathers day from my wife. She bought it from Tracy Marine Pro Shop. Two weeks later I started having prolbems with the handle bunching up. I like the handle alot. So I went to the shop and showed them the prolbem and they said they cant get ahold of the rep for two weeks. So I gave them a month thinking they would have a new one in for me so I called back. This time they told me it would be in by thursday. So I called back again on thursday and this time they told me they were on back order. Looks like they like the sales but when it comes to warranty they don't know who you are. I think they should have given me a new on when I was their the first time. They had 3 on the shelf (the same handle) Is this the norm for that shop or what?
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-03-2006, 5:49 PM Reply   
Sherman, that sucks! Were you dealing with a manager or just an employee? I would have just asked for the manager and then asked him to give you one of the ones on the rack. Here in Sacramento the shops that I deal with (Surf and Skate, Hot H20 and Larson's Marine) have taken things back without so much as a blink of an eye and have even exchanged items after using them for what I wanted. Ask to speak to the manager and let him know what you want them to do for you. Let us at WW know if they do not respond.
Old     (wakesurfer54)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-03-2006, 6:21 PM Reply   
hey that sucks i work at a store and i no when we get things back that something went wronge with we have to send it back to the company to get the ok to replace the product its not them they have.i to i go to tracy marine all the time and they have always been great to me.and they cant help when the handle comes in. we get that all the time at my work it sucks but there nothing they can do. good luck with the handle
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       08-03-2006, 6:36 PM Reply   
Derek,

There is a lot you can do (store, not you personally). I manage a retail shop and I take care of my customers. If the company or rep gives me a hard time on a legitimate return, they may lose my business.

You are working for an organization that does not understand customer service (see customer retention) in the least. You guys sell 100's of handles a year, but Sherman only bought one and he expects it to be defect free or reoplaced, pretty simple. Guess where he won't go to buy his next handle, board, or even boat.

I really am not picking on you as you are not calling the shots, but more the mentality of the management at your place and Tracy Marine. Worst case scenario possible is you are out $60.00 in the short term and I think you get the rest.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-03-2006, 6:39 PM Reply   
"we get that all the time at my work it sucks but there nothing they can do"

I disagree. They could choose to stand behind the product they sell. They could choose to treat this guy as if they want him to consider them for future purchases. If there is a problem with defective product, they could choose to give this guy a new one off the rack and then let the problem be between the manufacturer and the retail outlet, instead of letting the customer bear the burden. I understand that shops have to operate with small margins, but small shops come and go all the time, many don't last, and customer service like this is the reason why. Small shop owners love to bitch and cry all the time about how they cannot compete with the big online retailers, IMO that is crap! I knew the owners of Buywake/Ambush when they had first opened their tiny shop in a strip mall space that previously had been a nail salon. Those guys were not making any money back then, but guess what? They would have replaced Sherman's handle without blinking. Now 10 years later they are mega-huge internet wakeboard empire, hmm... go figure!
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-03-2006, 6:41 PM Reply   
first time with the manager I think(girl)
2nd time employee on the phone (guy)
3rd time employee on the phone (guy)

Derek: When I was their the first time and they had 3 handles why not take of the prolbem then and their. I have bought things for the boat in Antioch and had a prolbem with them and they replaced it right away.This time my wife bought it fo me for fathers day (great gift)

(Message edited by sherman on August 03, 2006)
Old     (wakesurfer54)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-03-2006, 7:30 PM Reply   
i dont work at tracy marine i just go there alot i agree it should be wear they just give you one that they have. i was just saying i no at the place i work at we sell work boots and when something goes wronge with the boot some companys make us send it to them witch is stupid.
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-03-2006, 7:46 PM Reply   
one thing I can say about tracy marine Pro Shop they are nice. I just hope they come through for me
Old     (wakesurfer54)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-03-2006, 8:04 PM Reply   
ya hopefully good luck with that man
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-03-2006, 8:09 PM Reply   
If the shop does not help you immediately,call the manufacturer yourself or the rep and get them involved. I'm with the others, bad service on their part. Inexcusible, thats why shops like that go out of business. How could you refer people to them with service like that? Go back in and tell them either replace it or give u your $$ back, if they hassle you report to the BBB in your area.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-04-2006, 7:33 AM Reply   
can't get a hold of the rep for two weeks? I talk to him every other day.

Sherm..I bought the same handle from skiworld last night and they had two more. Call Brian and ask him if he will warranty it for you. He knows that CM wil replace it. 925-460-6233

Call me if that doesn't work. 510-581-9945
Old    kire_65            08-04-2006, 7:42 AM Reply   
I dont understand how a handle can bunch up Can It be the user? did you read the manual. I think you should try the tech support just give them a call and they will walk you through the use of the handle

PEACE
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-04-2006, 7:57 AM Reply   
Uhhhh yeah..read the manual..right
Old    walt            08-04-2006, 8:09 AM Reply   

quote:

did you read the manual

Yeah Scott didn't You read the manual ? I think Your handle is directional or something.
Old     (wakesurfer54)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-04-2006, 9:39 AM Reply   
how can you use a handle wronge do they even come with manuals.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-04-2006, 9:43 AM Reply   
Whutup Derek
Old     (wakesurfer54)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-04-2006, 9:47 AM Reply   
whuts up when are you guys gonna come up to the houseboat again
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-04-2006, 9:54 AM Reply   
Not sure. I haven't even ridden with your bro since the ast HB trip. I think I have every weekend booked for the next two months.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       08-04-2006, 10:35 AM Reply   
Booked for two months!! BOO to you J!!!! But your still A great boy!!!! We need to hit up a weekday here soon!!

Im sorry to hear about that Sherman! The new owners are good ppl, I have been a friend of the family for years. I hope that they get it all takin care of for ya! Best of luck!
Old     (dhr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-04-2006, 10:51 AM Reply   
Derek George dam that man can surf
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-04-2006, 1:01 PM Reply   
Sherman good luck dealing with that shop... I'm not one to say negative things so I'll leave it at that.

Call the # JROD left and I'm sure they'll take care of it... If not one of us can call CM.
Old     (wakesurfer54)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-04-2006, 5:51 PM Reply   
thanx dave