Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-28-2006, 9:47 PM Reply   
Wow, where do I start? I have never been good at apologies...

I desperately want all of you who have read my posts and possibly been offended by them to forgive me. I know there are many of you out there this applies to, and I am very sorry. To all the names I mentioned, and all of the products I bashed, I really wish I could take it all back. As soon as I saw Shawn Gratzfields post, a real life friend and wakeboard coach, something just clicked in side of me and I said "What the hell have I done."

I will respect everyone on here from now on, and only post with my positive attitude. I will pause and consider how my post will affect others, I promise that to each and every one of you. All I ask is your forgiveness, and all I can give to you is a promise that it wont happen again. I only wish we could just forget about the past 24 hours, and move on.

Thank you.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-28-2006, 10:14 PM Reply   
Aden,

Try to post your opinion, and remember that they are just that, your opinion.

Try to be more careful of how you word things. The people on this forum are wiser, a little older, and well experienced. Most see through any BS and may question your credibility or your motives if you come off a little too opinionated, or if you are posting about something and don't know what you are talking about.

It was nice of you to apologize.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-28-2006, 10:26 PM Reply   
I second j-rod's comments.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-29-2006, 12:29 AM Reply   
Good for you Aden, not many 17yr olds have the introflection to realise they have let themselves down. Look forward to seeing some "stoke" in your posts.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       03-29-2006, 8:21 AM Reply   
Ya,right on your forgivin.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-29-2006, 8:56 AM Reply   
Please go back to your old ways! If this site ever became a flower fest, I surely would not visit and get my laughs for the day elsewhere. To see how high the emotions can get as we discuss wakeboarding of all things is truly hilarious.
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-29-2006, 10:37 AM Reply   
I would change your name and re-register, as for me Im taking my "junk" (nautique) out today
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-29-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
just stop posting
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       03-29-2006, 11:32 AM Reply   
Thank you for the apology. J-rod got it right. You didnt fool anyone, and if your reason to post is to cause harm....join the Army. Welcome back, hopefully with a better outlook.
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-29-2006, 12:08 PM Reply   
what topic were these harsh comments posted in
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       03-29-2006, 12:30 PM Reply   
Wakes: Super Air Nautique v. Mastercraft X-2
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       03-29-2006, 12:32 PM Reply   
Well it really started here O'brien vs. Hyperlite.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       03-29-2006, 12:34 PM Reply   
Oh ya and here to "220 Nautique"
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-29-2006, 12:37 PM Reply   
Jeff, have you checked the Boat and Boat Accesories section yet?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       03-29-2006, 12:43 PM Reply   
No Jeff, is there some fun reading in there as well?
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-29-2006, 12:56 PM Reply   
not to my knowledge, but i'm hoping i can find some hidden gems
Old     (spoonman)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-29-2006, 1:37 PM Reply   
I've been waiting for someone to expose him as a level 10 gymnist....
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-29-2006, 2:40 PM Reply   
LMAO
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-29-2006, 4:19 PM Reply   
LEVEL 10!!!!

"I'd like to start by acknowledging that I have limited experience and knowledge; however, please allow me to proceed directly and hastily into expressing my opinions in a condescending manner, criticizing things that I do not fully understand, and insulting others that I do not know, including many who have paid their dues for years and may represent foundations of the industry."

Sorry to be so hard on you there, son, but we see this behavior pretty frequently. I like to call it "the freshman mistake."

Your apology is well-constructed and is a strong step toward redeeming yourself. However, now some hazing may ensue as the upper classmen enjoy some laughs at your expense. If you can take it like a man, then you will move another step toward being accepted. If not, I suppose you'll just fade into oblivion like most other past perpetrators of the freshman mistake. Good luck with everything.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-29-2006, 4:27 PM Reply   
I have no problem taking it, Doctor Octagon. I fully deserve every comment made to me and more to come. I am still trying to figure out the level 10 thing, however I just ignored it.

Thank you all who forgave me, I really appreciate it. For those of you who havn't yet, I will prove myself a positive poster and you will see.

Laugh all you want, I deserve it... as long as you accept me when it gets old.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       03-29-2006, 4:49 PM Reply   
It takes a long time to get old! The Level 10 thing was months ago, and I still think its funny!!

Its cool bro, Just show some respect. A lot of the ppl on here are in the industry and have since you were a little kid. The ppl and products you were puttin down are doin a lot for our sport. It sounds to me like you want to get some where in the sport and if you do you are off to a bad start. Every one or almost every one on here are very good ppl so be cool, and you never know who will see what you post, A lot of people look and never post. If you respect others than you will get respect. Good luck and just chill out.

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-29-2006, 4:59 PM Reply   
Guys, he is not even close to the Level 10 chick. Give him a little credit. He's a rider and it took guts to create this thread.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-29-2006, 5:01 PM Reply   
can someone summarize the level 10 thread in a couple sentences or atleast post a link? being out of the loop sucks
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-29-2006, 5:01 PM Reply   
Thanks J-Rod, but some people might have been more offended by my posts than you, and I understand that.

Care to tell the "level 10 chick" story? I could also use a laugh, I havn't slept since yesterday :|
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-29-2006, 5:19 PM Reply   
Aden,
If you havn't slept because of this board then you might be a bit to sensitive for the beetin that you are gonna get for the next few weeks. Like BG said alot of people check these boards and It could be a great way...No it is a great way to meet people and make friends. I've meet some great people on here from all around the world (seriously). But in all just relax and let sh*t lie for a few days. Were all human but man don't let it get you down to the point that you don't sleep.
AL
Old     (centralcali)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-29-2006, 6:00 PM Reply   
Joe Umali better watch out! At the rate this kid is posting Joe is going to end up loosing his posting crown!

Lets see...
Aden has posted 70x in 3 days = 23.3 posts/day avg
Joe has posted 8527x in 5yrs and one month = 4.6 posts/day avg
This means that Aden in gaining on Joe 18.7 posts per day...
That means Joe should loose his crown in about 1yr and 3 months!!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-29-2006, 6:09 PM Reply   
dammit! go away aden, go away!!!!

Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-29-2006, 6:10 PM Reply   
Did anyone read the post on the Arkansas wake contest, " I would go but I would just end up spending all my WINNING prize money in a ticket" Aden take the advice of another poster and start again with another profile name. Looks like your trying to do the right thing, good luck. And from what I've read it looks like you have some fences to mend with the Canadan industry people.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-29-2006, 6:26 PM Reply   
Unfortunately, the level 10 thing was far too complicated to explain with a brief description. Even with a complex and detailed description, I'm not sure it would be possible to capture the bizzareness and also the sad comedy that unfolded. It was like, just when you thought things couldn't get any stranger, funnier and more pathetic, new posts the new threads (and often new "characters") would appear.

Sorry guys, guess ya had to be there on that one. That one will be hard to top.

And I agree with J-Rod, Aden is not even in the same ballpark, I think he is simply learning a little lesson about growing up, and unfortunately for him it happened in a public forum where you never know who might be watching.

And Aden, I agree with AL, just relax, this is not that big a deal as long as you nip it in the bud! I'm sure many of us did way worse when we were your age.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-29-2006, 6:38 PM Reply   
The level 10 thread would provide for entertaining bathroom-reading if I could just find it to print it off. That's a thread I should have kept in my favorites.

I was hoping to see someone even try to explain it "briefly." Haha.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-29-2006, 6:47 PM Reply   
Aden, the level 10 thing is something that cannot be explained.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-29-2006, 8:06 PM Reply   
Sorry Randy, I really meant for that to be a joke.

And I will not make a new user, I'll accept responsibility for my sometimes-loud mouth and get through it.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-29-2006, 8:26 PM Reply   
Aden, that's cool, but as soon as you can talk with the board shop and dealers that were upset with your post. Good luck.
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-29-2006, 10:11 PM Reply   
Great to apologize, However,I didn't find your remarks overly offensive (no worse than alot of others that I've read) I think some bashing of products is good, it sure makes me take a second look at them. Doesn't mean I'll agree with what's said. Constructive critism is best
Old     (trakkerguy)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-29-2006, 10:28 PM Reply   
Here's one of the threads that made up the "level 10". Funny stuff, but don't start reading unless you have an hour to kill...
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-30-2006, 6:15 AM Reply   
"I think some bashing of products is good, it sure makes me take a second look at them."

Yes, the truth is a good thing sometimes. However, I took a big step across the line.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-30-2006, 6:41 AM Reply   
The level 10 thread will go down in history as one of the funniest threads in WakeWorld History!!!!

There are very few threads that you can just write two words and everyone who was around when it went down would know exactly what you are talking about!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-30-2006, 6:46 AM Reply   
Where in the archives can I find the "level 10" thread, anyone know? Sounds like a must read.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-30-2006, 11:05 AM Reply   
how many levels are there in gymnastics?
eh, aden's a canuck, eh?
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-30-2006, 11:13 AM Reply   
Jesus....now I want to(have to) read the Level 10 thread as well. Randy, if you find it...please link to it.

Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-30-2006, 11:21 AM Reply   
Unfortunately, the level 10 phenomenon cannot be fully appreciated by reading just that one thread, because around that time, the various "characters" involved kept showing up also on other threads. This was part of the comedy, because you never knew where the protagonist, her evil twin, various other imposters, or even her mother would show up next. As J-Rod noted, it really cannot be fully explained.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-30-2006, 11:28 AM Reply   
"because you never knew where the protagonist, her evil twin, various other imposters, or even her mother would show up next."

Anytime mom gets involved, you know good times and entertainment are soon to follow. The whole thing goes over my head because I'm pushing the Bass Tracker Pro Crappie 175 on the weekly "who makes the best boat" thread....
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-30-2006, 11:58 AM Reply   
level 10 wakeboarders age fast! - http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=114 21565

here are some level 10 references.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65919/247837.html
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-30-2006, 12:19 PM Reply   
lol Joe, that thread was a good read =D
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-30-2006, 12:26 PM Reply   
First link blocked at my work....

I remember that thread.....

Thanks Joe
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-30-2006, 2:48 PM Reply   
Oh man, that made me laugh all over again! That thread is awesome for all the eye candy, but regarding level 10, that was not even where it started, the thread that Joe linked above was one of the sequels about a month after it all started. Good find on the myspace, Joe, can't wait to get home and check that out!

Uh-oh, JOE!!!!!!!
You KNOW what I'm thinking!
Think INTERVIEW... perhaps to be conducted some time in May... are you feeling me?
What better to run while the credits are rolling? The possibilities could be endless!
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-30-2006, 5:32 PM Reply   
Aden
It seems like a few of your so called sponsors created a profile just to discredit your claims of sponsorship. Who were you trying to impress? You were posting on a computer. I could maybe understand if you were face to face "blowing and going" but to do it here was kinda pointless.

Just a few points you may want to consider in the future:
There are hundreds and even thousands of Aden Glatts out there. One of your so called sponsors called you a "less than average wakeboarder". Keep in mind there are probably quite a few less than average wakeboarders out there that have contracts with sponsors and "less than average wakeboarders" that are even getting paid. Sponsorship is not just what your skills are on the water, they are just as much what you do off the water. Sponsors want someone to help promote their products in a POSITIVE way. Why else would they sponsor us. Promotion promotion promotion!!!
There are many reps, team managers, and dealers that view these message boards. Pro's switch sponsors yearly. Do you think "Hollywood Rusty" would have the list of sponsors he does if he went around bashing publicly other companies? Just keep in mind the old saying "bad publicity goes a long way". Aden you did not hurt any of the companies you bashed, just yourself. I assure you they will remember Aden Glatt. Unfortunately its not the way you want to be remembered. So maybe instead of changing your name on this board, maybe change it in real life.