Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-24-2008, 8:24 PM Reply   
That's what happened when you land hard with Watson binding. Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-24-2008, 8:26 PM Reply   
that is INTENSE!
Old     (nvboarder)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-24-2008, 9:13 PM Reply   
I have wrecked very hard in my shanes (caught my heel edge) and ripped the inner sole out of one of the binding, but at the end of my season which is coming soon, I will send them off to Liquid Force and get them repaired, probably be sent new ones for free. I'm good with that.
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-25-2008, 3:33 AM Reply   
The thing is that I got the limited edition and I'm not sure that they still have it!!!!
I wish that the 09 gonna have a removable inside like the Slingshot D2 (best boots ever done in my opinion) because each time I'll loose my binding, it will do the same thing!!!
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-25-2008, 8:08 AM Reply   
dang....i'd like to see video of that slap!
Old     (theczech)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-25-2008, 1:09 PM Reply   
Did the same thing with my shanes. got them replaced and then the first set in the new ones, ripped out again.

Been riding with them ripped out because i haven't had the time to replace them. but last week i snaped the board so ill prob send them back with the board.
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-25-2008, 4:16 PM Reply   
It sucks!!! It's a conception problem for sure!!! A removable inside is the key!!! Anyway, i'll get D2 for next year... best boots!!!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-25-2008, 9:10 PM Reply   
I never really thought of removable liners having this advantage, but id say it is definitely true, now having thought of it and seeing evidence like this.

i've only once come out hard enough for the liners to come out of my D2 boots, but I definitely did not feel any strain like some people have worried about with them and other relatively "stiff" boots. just wish i could get in and out a little faster... or rather my impatient dad wishes he wouldn't have to wait for riders to get in and out. the li'l extra time is worth the feel. D2s are the easiest bindings to get in and out of (when you actually loosen the laces). BUT do not confuse speed with ease ;)
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-03-2008, 4:59 PM Reply   
I got my '07 CT Watsons warranteed and the liners in the new ones started to do the same thing this weekend, which will be lik the 6th ride. Anybody had any luck just putting some gorilla glue down in there?
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-03-2008, 6:32 PM Reply   
hey i had the same problem. blew them out in 4 rides. sent them in to lf and they are sending me new ones. they said that i have to get the 09's cause they are sold out of the 08's i cant complain. im told that the 09's are lighter and more comfortable. they had some shoe designer come in and help them out.
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-03-2008, 6:35 PM Reply   
The glue will never hold it! It was sewed (can see it on the last pic)and didn't hold! The only way I see it is to make a removable liner with the pieces!!! A cobbler can easily do this for some dollars!!!
Old     (sxjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-04-2008, 10:46 AM Reply   
One of my 08 shanes ripped out the same way on monday. left me with a very bad sprain. now that i can see how they are put together im really disappointed in LF. been ridin their gear for years. cosmetically they look great but after comparing them to my friends ronix rise the build and materials quality just plain suck.
Old     (luke_j)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-04-2008, 11:45 AM Reply   
doug...did you not see how many ronix boots had the liner ripped out of them these last two years? i don't see how that is low quality, lf's stuff if just as good as ronix or hype or OB
Old     (drewdown)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-04-2008, 12:26 PM Reply   
LF still making crappy bindings!
Old     (el_rey_de_zapatos)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-04-2008, 6:39 PM Reply   
Working in a shop we see all brands come back for warranty issues. I have seen my fair share of all brands. Just because you see a few pairs on here does not mean that brand is crappy.
Old     (el_rey_de_zapatos)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-04-2008, 6:41 PM Reply   
forgot to mention, LF has the least amount of boots that come back for warranty.
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-04-2008, 7:00 PM Reply   
For my part, I really love my Watson... so much comfortable,great fit, awesome look, etc. It's just a conception mistake and I'm pretty sure that they gonna fix it! Liquid force still rules for me! The only thing is that I started to ride the Slingshot Recoil with the D2 bindings... greatest ride ever!!! The boots are awesome (removable liner) :-) but nothing is perfect because we broke one plastic soil! I think that I ripped off all my binding! It sucks!!!
Old     (sxjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-04-2008, 7:10 PM Reply   
luke- no i dont honestly know how many ronix liners ripped out last year. i dont follow wakeworld that closely. ive just been laid up on crutches all week and noticed fred's post. thought it was ironic his tore the exact same way as mine did. I had a pair of 07 shanes that i ripped the front toe loose, but they lasted almost the whole season. ive got about 6 rides on these. I felt the 07's were built better. a more snug fit. the 08's just seemed to have an air gap above the ankle. not here to bash just noticed the thread ronix uses is about twice as thick and my friend hasnt had any trouble with hers. Shes says they fit very snug. i guess im just looking for suggestions on a more snug fitting binding...