Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       08-04-2006, 1:48 PM Reply   
http://www.usedboats.com/used-boat-875231.htm

$25K for an almost new X-80..., maybe that's the down payment.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-04-2006, 1:52 PM Reply   
could it be a scam!!!!
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       08-04-2006, 2:00 PM Reply   
25k is just to buy enough gas for the test ride.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-04-2006, 2:15 PM Reply   
SCAM, but I emailed & told them I'd take it just in case. :-)
Old    roc_dog            08-04-2006, 2:26 PM Reply   
That should be about enough to cover the swim platform!
Old     (ncbschzzt)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-05-2006, 12:07 AM Reply   
I emailed the seller also, I will turn around and sell it for 5 times as much
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-05-2006, 12:25 AM Reply   
there has to be a number missing or something
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-05-2006, 5:37 AM Reply   
Registered in California and forsale in Florida

Can you say SCAM !!!
Old     (wakeman21)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-05-2006, 9:18 AM Reply   
hell if you don't want it, I'll take it
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-15-2006, 2:06 PM Reply   
He just wrote me back...

Hello there and thank you for your interest,

The 2005 Mastercraft X-80 is like new, with no scratches,
no marks, no hidden defects.
There are only 60 hours on the boat and engine. It looks great.It is
in excellent condition, I have only used it for a few times and only
in
fresh water.
Unfortunately,I must sell it right away. This is a one owner boat and
it has a clear United States title.
If you are interested in buying it the price is USD $25.000.00.
The boat will be shipped from , Poland (EUROPE) and
I will handle all shipping arrangements and costs.
It will take no more than 12-14 days for the shipping company to
deliver the boat to you.
The transaction will go through eBay for our own protection.
They will hold and insure your money until receipt of the boat in good
conditon.
You will have 15 days from the time you receive the boat to inspect it
and decide if you want to keep it or not.
If you wish to purchase it please provide me your full name and address
so I can initiate the deal through eBay.
After that eBay will contact you with further information and
instructions.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards

David,

Old     (morgs)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-15-2006, 2:11 PM Reply   
Retail on an X-80 in Europe is around 130 - 140k USD (or more)...let me know if he has another one at that price - I would take it just for wake surfing.

Or, maybe we should ask if he can get onto X-Stars in the 15 - 20k price range...
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-15-2006, 2:15 PM Reply   
All of these sound the same

"Hello there and thank you for your interest"
who starts out a message like that?

"I have only used it for a few times"
Broken English

"it has a clear United States title"
Maybe clear California Title. And why is it in Poland?

I can't beleive people fall for this crap
Old    nautique226            08-15-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
Poland I love it! SCAM
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-15-2006, 2:25 PM Reply   
Email him back and tell him you would be happy to buy his boat, but you have a cashiers check for 50K. Ask him to cash it and send you back the overage. He'll love that.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-15-2006, 2:30 PM Reply   
Give the guy a break. I have bought 3 boats from David. All came from poland and were in perfect shape when they got here. I also bought an $800,000 house from him for $58,000. It took about a month to ship that from Europe and when it got here there was some water in the garage and a crack in one of the toilet seats. He sent back $8,000 for my troubles.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       08-15-2006, 2:32 PM Reply   

quote:

Email him back and tell him you would be happy to buy his boat, but you have a cashiers check for 50K.

Hahaha, thats great!

-Steve
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-15-2006, 2:33 PM Reply   
BOAT IS SOLD!!! I just bought it. Wheeled and dealed and got it for $22,750. Boat is in perfect condition. I will use for the rest of the season and then sell it. If you want it... Just send me the cash. I will make sure I get the boat to you! I promise! No really... I promise!
Old     (dgoulet)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-16-2006, 8:54 AM Reply   
it is a scam. i saw a 2005 wakesetter vlx on that site for 22,000$. The guy emailed me back the same exact text that he sent to trace. The boat also came from poland, but this time the seller`s name was Michael.
Old     (doubleup10)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-16-2006, 12:10 PM Reply   
Sounds like the two Yamaha R1's my buddy bought from London. Only $6,000 for both of them. Too bad they somehow got lost in transit with FedEx...ya...right.....
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-20-2006, 11:10 AM Reply   
This boat was for sale on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180018351756&sspagenam e=ADME%3AB%3AWNA%3AUS%3A111&id=

I emailed the seller for the reserve and this was his response...

Hello and sorry for the delay in my answer,

The 2006 Malibu Wakesetter 247 LSV is like new, with no scratches, no marks, no hidden defects.
It looks great.It is in excellent condition.
I have only used it for a few times and only in fresh watter .
Unfortunately,I must sell it right away.
This is a one owner boat and it has a clear title, which will be forwarded to you.
If you are interested in buying it the price is $36,000.00.
The boat will be shipped from Poland and I will handle all shipping arrangements and costs.
It will take no more than 10-14 days for the shipping company to deliver the boat to you.
The transaction will go through eBay for our own protection.
They will hold and insure your money until receipt of the boat in good conditon.

You will have 15 days from the time you receive the boat to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
If you wish to purchase please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through Ebay.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards
John
Old     (ncbschzzt)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-20-2006, 3:15 PM Reply   
I got the same exact email from "David" and I had my MasterCraft Dealer look at it. They said don't walk away from the deal, but run!!!!!
Old     (jpshaff01)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-21-2006, 4:47 PM Reply   
Watch out though, they are getting smarter its not just the high end boats they are trying to scam on. That stuff is all over craigslist, i talked to some guy earlier this year who was trying to run a scam for a 98 prostar 190 at $6k. I live in micgigan and he claimed it was in New York, so i said i would come with cash. He said he had a trusted friend who would deliver it for free. It just went on and on from there, where he only asked for half the money because he trusted me. Believe me its all a scam unless you can pick it up for cash.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-22-2006, 1:00 PM Reply   
If some of you actually questioned weather that is a scam or not, you need to smack yourself in the back of the head, and write "I am a moron" on your forehead.
Old     (wakeboat)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-23-2006, 10:47 AM Reply   
and in France...http://www.annoncesbateau.com/en/display_announce.php?annonce=81&categorie=bateau_m oteur&lettre=&constructeur=MASTERCRAFT&modele=X2&c hemin_url=simple
Old     (wakeboat)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-23-2006, 10:55 AM Reply   
Hello ,
My name is Peter. The boat is still available for sale.The asking price is 22.000 Euro with shipping to Germany included.I own few trucks (i run a shipping bussines) , and that's why the shipping to Germany will not be a problem for me. I want to sell this boat fast because another baby is on the way and i need this money very soon.We are located in Hamburg.Some of the options include, Power BALLAST SYSTEM, PERFECT PASS, JL AUDIO FACTORY STEREO SYSTEM with SUBWOOFER and TOWER SPEAKERS, Ski Tower, 350 Vortec Motor (BIGGEST AVAILABLE IN THE X2),330 HP pn gas , Swim Platform, Bimini Top, and matching TANDEM AXLE MASTERCRAFT TRAILER.You have attached more pics of the boat.Let me know if we can make a deal. Thank you.