Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-25-2005, 11:36 AM Reply   
planning on interviewing murray and nunn. if you could, what would you ask murray or nunn or both? please post questions here.

thanks!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-25-2005, 11:43 AM Reply   
I would like to know Murray's future plans and goals.

Is he competing this year?
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-25-2005, 1:09 PM Reply   
Can I borrow $50?
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-25-2005, 1:15 PM Reply   
I don't think Shaun is competing this year. He was riding but still working out scar tissue in his knee.

I think it would be interesting to hear their views on the state of competitions and how changes in format will impact current/future riders.

Eric
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-25-2005, 7:18 PM Reply   
Sure. You can ask him if he's coming to New Jersey.
Old     (wakeprodigy)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-25-2005, 9:13 PM Reply   
I'd ask Nunn if he's done any dam% starts lately. I rode with him one day when he was out in Idaho, and he backed his boat up to the dam at our resevior and did a start off of it.
Old    alanp            04-25-2005, 11:12 PM Reply   
what is the state of wakeboarding and with gm dropping sponsorship how do they think it will affect the tour. why are so many riders jumping ship with the board companies. what do they wish they had done differently during their careers.
do they still have a genuine love of the sport or do they do it for mostly monetary reasons at this point.
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-26-2005, 6:14 AM Reply   
Joe,

Try to come up with some questions that reflect who they are as a person and not just wakeboarders. Granted they are both huge entities in the wake world and they have great insight to the sport and industry, but wakeboarder interviews in general are too narrow in their scope.

For instance, how many interviews have you read from Shane Bonifay? Without fail, one of the first questions is "how is it being Parks' little brother?", or some variation thereof. He's been asked that question for 10 years! It's topical, no doubt, but the onus falls in the interviewer to be more creative and accept the fact that certain questions have been overasked.

The following are just ideas, and there are hundreds of more directions you can go with the questions:
Movie favorites
which political party do you support? Why?
Why is Orlando a never ending construction project?
Is Gerry ever going back to Ohio?
When is Murray gonna start having kids? Any names being stored away?
Is Murray's wife still into horse shows? She is very supportive of wakeboarding, does he go to all her horse shows?
How did Murray become such a characater?
Was Gerry bummed to lose his long locks?
And finally...
Ask him how Shane likes being Parks' little brother.

Many more ideas out there, so go with the creative flow.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       04-26-2005, 7:33 AM Reply   
I dont' know if he'll talk about the baby name thing becuase it might get stolen. I had this friend who was really REALLY into mickie mantle and he was going to name his kid "seven" but then his friend took that name from under him. He tried really REALLY hard to get him to change that name...but he lost it.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-26-2005, 8:36 AM Reply   
C'mon Chef...you think no one else out there watches Seinfeld...gimme a break

Joe, with regards to the interview, ask some things that give us historical perspective on them.

1. What was your very first board?
2. Do you remember your first invert, who taught it to you, what were the keys you learned that allowed you to land it?
3. Maybe a little insight into all the beginners they see out there on their journeys, some common mistakes they see that all beginners make and could easily be fixed if they would only 'work on flexibility' or 'practice diving into a pool' or whatever.

When I read my questions, it sounds like a gay interview...oh well :-)
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-26-2005, 9:13 AM Reply   
Go with Soda.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-26-2005, 11:40 AM Reply   
LOL David, took me a few seconds to remember George whining "Soda's a great name, very original, go with Soda :-)"
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       04-26-2005, 11:44 AM Reply   
no way loren, it's a true story. In fact, one of the names used to dissuade his friend from seven was "soda." I think we all have the same friends...;)
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       04-26-2005, 3:23 PM Reply   
Ask him about poop before he brings it up.
Old     (todd_everton)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-26-2005, 3:46 PM Reply   
Does everybody still try to beat Gerry to the shotgun seat when they get picked up at the airport as a group,so that he can't tune in to christian radio.(heard it from Shapiro's wife!)I listen to christian rock,but I got a kick out of that one.
Old    murrayair            04-26-2005, 5:35 PM Reply   
Ask Shaun about his rehab process. How hard/painful was it? What did it involve? How long was he in rehab? I would ask Gerry if he is planning on toning back his wakeboarding career now that he has a kid. I think it would also be cool if you asked what an average day is like for them.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-26-2005, 8:31 PM Reply   
How old is Jerry & Shaun? Just curious. Also I know shaun is not competing anymore but how would he do against the top guys out there right now?