Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-15-2012, 9:05 PM Reply   
Anybody ever had a board that would stick on kickers?

I took a brand new 2012 Harley Grind to the cable on Thursday and the rails were no problem but it stuck to the kickers. My speed would drastically slow down hitting the kicker which sent my weight over the front foot. I have never been so frustrated riding on the cable before.

Is there a break in process where the grind base needs to work through?

For the record no one else was struggling with this problem and I ensured that the kickers were sprayed down.

I'm just curious if I'm the only one with this problem.
Old     (TParke)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-16-2012, 2:18 AM Reply   
I had this problem but I thought it was all in my head because I was coming off of a SS Reflex that slides very easy.
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-16-2012, 9:33 AM Reply   
TParke.... glad I'm not the only one. Might be looking for a different board to ride at the park.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-16-2012, 2:10 PM Reply   
I have the Tex with the same base and have no issues.
Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-16-2012, 4:15 PM Reply   
sometimes with brand new boards, they need a "break in" . Or at least my Watson Hybrid did.. took a little bit of time to "smooth it up" and get some good scuffs on it before it was completely catch free... Just my experience with it tho... Hope this helps
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-16-2012, 4:41 PM Reply   
My watson hybrid didnt need much break it and didnt stick. I ate sh** the first few times bc the rails & kickers were so slippery lol
Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-16-2012, 7:18 PM Reply   
^^^LOL I came from a CWB Vibe and that thing is the slickest grindbase i have EVER been on.. so maybe the transition from one to another made it different for me.. like i said.. Take that harley grind and stay on it.. it should smooth up!!
Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       07-16-2012, 7:35 PM Reply   
I was coming from a Slingshot and borrowed someone's LF Watson Hybrid and noticed sticking more on the kickers, but it just took some getting used to. I ended up buying one for myself and didn't notice it with my new board.
Old     (Bill_Dad)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-19-2012, 1:26 PM Reply   
yeah Harley has had a couple that stick but ride it a few times and there all good, mmm dont know what you mean wakedad they are the best for what, and you wont buy a convention board again, thats funny!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-19-2012, 10:54 PM Reply   
Good to know, thank you Bill. I hope what you say works out. I will be pretty disappointed if the Harley Grind doesn't work well after breaking it in. It is, however, a fantastic board behind the boat so far. Love that stiff board with the intense 3 stage rocker