Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (wakeprodigy)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-12-2007, 5:39 AM Reply   
Al Gore won the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize for his work with global warming.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-12-2007, 8:44 AM Reply   
Al Gore is not a scientist, he's a politician. You gonna believe him when he gives you scientific stats about Global Warming?

Guess what? The polar ice caps are melting at an alarming rate. Guess what else? That region never gets anywhere near above freezing temperatures. So why are they melting? It's not global warming. Scientists, not politicians, believe the rise in temperature is coming from within the Earth.

Ethanol.....it currently takes more energy to produce it than you can get out of it. Therefore, it's not profitable. This is why us taxpayers subsidize it. The industry can't support itself. Yes, our hard earned income goes to help out the farmers that grow it.

Hydrogen....it takes waaaay more energy to make this stuff than what you can get out of it. Water likes to stay water. Could it be a feasable energy? Yep, but the only way we know how to produce Hydrogen cheaply now is with nuclear energy. So, lets build lots of nuclear plants. After all, they are the cleanest form of energy and extremely safe. Did you know there are several nuclear power plants right in some of the most populated areas in the United States? Yeah, they power our Navy's aircraft carriers and other ships and they're parked in the harbor. The USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier will run it's nuclear power plants for 80 years maintenance free. Yes, maintenance free. It doesn't even have to be touched for that long.

Hybrid cars....great concept, but a long way from being efficient. Batteries are big and heavy and wear out fast. Diesel cars are better in the long run by far.

There's my 2 cents.
Old     (chris_williams)      Join Date: May 2007       10-12-2007, 10:34 AM Reply   
Not sure if this vid has been posted cuz its alittle old now but i thought it was cool. i dont know how to make links but copy and paste it. your car can run off water now. lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGaesE0kUDw
Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-12-2007, 12:49 PM Reply   
Refering to a metaphor he seems to be partial to, where people are the AIDS virus plaguing the earth, Algore writes:
"... it defines human beings as inherently and contagiously destructive, the deadly carriers of a plague upon the earth. And the internal logic of the metaphor points toward only one possible cure: eliminate people from the face of the earth. As Mike Roselle, one of the leaders of Earth First!, a group espousing Deep Ecology, has said, "You hear about the death of nature and it's true, but nature will be able to reconstitute itself once the top of the food chain is lopped off --- meaning us.""
(Al Gore, Earth in the Balance, 1993, p.217 -
Chapter titled Dysfunctional Civilization)
Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-12-2007, 12:52 PM Reply   
"It ought to be possible to establish a coordinated global program to accomplish the strategic goal of completely eliminating the internal combustion engine ... over, say, a 25 year period." pp 325-326 Earth in The Balance - Gore
Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-12-2007, 12:55 PM Reply   
"We must make the rescue of the global environment the central organizing principle for civilization (this) means using every policy and program, every law and institution, every treaty and alliance, every tactic and strategy, every plan and course of action. to halt the destruction of the environment and to preserve and nurture our ecological system. Minor shifts in policy, marginal adjustments in ongoing programs, moderate improvements in laws and regulations, rhetoric offered in lieu of genuine change --- these are all forms of appeasement, designed to satisfy the public’s desire to believe that sacrifice, struggle, and a wrenching transformation of society will not be necessary. "
(Earth In The Balance, Al Gore, 1993 pg. 269, 274)

"
Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-12-2007, 12:55 PM Reply   
During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet." (Al Gore, CNN’s "Late Edition with Wolf Blitzer," 3/9/99)
Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-12-2007, 12:56 PM Reply   
"It ought to be possible to establish a coordinated global program to accomplish the strategic goal of completely eliminating the internal combustion engine (by government fiat) over, say, a 25 year period." (Earth In The Balance, Al Gore, 1993 pg 325-326)
Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-12-2007, 1:03 PM Reply   
Add to that, some conspiracy theory. Why did foxnews.com take this down... You can't hide from the internet Al!

http://web.archive.org/web/20010211124624/http://www.foxnews.com/elections/101900/dome_russia_kehnemui.sml
Old     (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-12-2007, 1:18 PM Reply   
tim that is too funy thats gonna be my new sig! haha

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet." (Al Gore, CNN’s "Late Edition with Wolf Blitzer," 3/9/99)"

i love it!