Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old    milo_lite            06-01-2005, 10:15 AM Reply   
As i am driving my boat it could be slow speed or fast speed my oil gage drops to zero and then this alarm just goes off, its just a long beeeeeeep and it cuts out my stereo. Ive send it to two dealers and when they test it it never goes off so they say they cant fix it and dont know what it is, has anyone encountrered this problem?? Thanx
Old    milo_lite            06-01-2005, 10:16 AM Reply   
sorry, i forgot to mention its a 2003 MC Maristar 230
Old    bronco991            06-01-2005, 10:35 AM Reply   
I had the same problem with my boat, except that the engine cut out too...They told me that it is prolly a loose ground connection or loose connection to the alternator
Old    grud8            06-01-2005, 10:51 AM Reply   
I had a 2001 MC MariStar 230 and it did that a few times until they replaced the ECM. After that it never did it again. Of course that is what they tol me they did, who knows if they actually did it.
Old     (riothepimp)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-01-2005, 12:25 PM Reply   
We had this problem with a customers boat last night, my tech took it out on the water and all it was was a loose ground, so go through all the ground start from the battery, this solved our problem, this should fix yours.
Old    milo_lite            06-01-2005, 12:34 PM Reply   
First of all thanx for all of you guys help. What is the ECM and how do i know if it is a loose ground, do I have to check eveything that is electrical on the boat, lights, stereo, amp, depth finder etc.. Iam not a tech kind of guy..
Old     (riothepimp)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-01-2005, 1:07 PM Reply   
Just start from the battery forward, start with that.
Old    bronco991            06-01-2005, 2:42 PM Reply   
Mine actually turned out to be a faulty ignition switch, just leting you know
Old     (freakytikki)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-02-2005, 9:13 AM Reply   
I had similar issue.It was a nos(exhaust)sensor.It had come loose and computer was taking boat into saftey mode.Deal replaced to be on safe side.You can run a tech one(computer dealer should own) to run diagnostics to see if computer picks up anything.