Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-27-2004, 4:34 PM Reply   
has anyone built a pool slider before? my buddy built this one in Kelowna BC Canada and I havn't riden it yet but im going to his place on may 23 I cant wait to hit it.... we are probably going to build an other pool to land it or just land on the ground like the pointless slider, we will see.... anyone else got any pool sliders

(Message edited by wes_can_riders on April 27, 2004)
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-27-2004, 4:43 PM Reply   
sorry it didn't work! lets try again
Old    blind5            04-27-2004, 4:58 PM Reply   
you will kill yourself if you hit that.

a few things wrong.
1. to steep of an incline
2. pool does not look like it can hold enough water or is it long enough to get the speed you need to hit that
3. if you make it to the end of the flat rail WERE ARE YOU GOING TO GO? down (wakeboards arn't ment to be ridin on the ground
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-27-2004, 5:07 PM Reply   
Looks like a "Real TV" submission waiting to happen.
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-27-2004, 5:11 PM Reply   
Rob good point but my buddy already hit it on his wakeskate... Blabelmooch, hahaha ya probably
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-27-2004, 5:11 PM Reply   
I think it's a great idea! What about using that camper and the horse trailer as well?

If you don't KILL yourself first..... never mind post the video on wakepics anyway!
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-27-2004, 5:18 PM Reply   
Kung Fu, you gave me an idea!!! ride up the transition and gap the top and slide on top of the house trailer !!!
Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-27-2004, 6:21 PM Reply   
um... something tells me you dont wanna hit that, i cant figure out where that little voice inside my head is coming from yet though
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-27-2004, 7:05 PM Reply   
No I do want to hit it but I have to figure out a better landing
Old    rypayne            04-27-2004, 7:21 PM Reply   
i made a pool slider with a few of my friends. it was a lot safer than the one up top but we never got to hit it. we built it on city properpty and once a year they go around where we built it and clear out the weeds in the area. when they saw it they brought in a tractor and filled in our hole. we made a long canal thingy like 20 yards long with the slider in it. two weeks of work for nothing.
Old    hoochieman89            04-27-2004, 7:46 PM Reply   
I found a lake on a near by golf course. Went out there one rainy day waded in stuck my home made flat bar in it. And had a 4wheeler pull me to it from the bank. It was sweet. Speed control was a little hard but it was a great session! Hit is on board and skate.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       04-27-2004, 8:28 PM Reply   
evan, you might want to take danny's advice...
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-27-2004, 8:38 PM Reply   
electric ahhhhhhh why not
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-28-2004, 1:11 AM Reply   
Today's nominee for the "Darwin awards"...
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-28-2004, 8:07 AM Reply   
whats the Darwin Awards? should I even ask? lol
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-28-2004, 8:57 AM Reply   
Don't worry guys He's Canadian
Evan if you are going to hit it, do it on a wakeboard first before you try it on a skate, and wear a helmet, and a cup.
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-28-2004, 9:11 AM Reply   
"oh canada" lalala... i will hit it on my wakeboard first and I will wear a helmet dont know about the cup tho
Old     (azsufer)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-28-2004, 9:57 AM Reply   
You guys are idiot's..."what do you want on your tombstone"

Will you guys have the gurney on standby??

KD
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-28-2004, 10:47 AM Reply   
It's amazing to me how quickly you ppl are to judge! How many pool sliders have anyone here hit??? Who's to say that this isn't a great pool slider, but that a few things need to be adjusted or worked out?

Get back to Evans original questions...
1. has anyone built a pool slider before?
2. anyone else got any pool sliders?

Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-28-2004, 10:59 AM Reply   
kyle, I would like it to say... here lies Evan Park, he should of listen to the people on wakeworld, Evan is such an idiot! jkjkjk Kevin, no kidding man some people just take the negitive side first but its all good... hopefully I can hit it and let yall know what its like
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-28-2004, 11:15 AM Reply   
you'll poke your eye out
Old     (azsufer)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-28-2004, 12:25 PM Reply   
HERE'S AN IDEA...BUILD ONE OF THESE AT YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO RIDE!!! FALLING IN WATER IS MUCH MORE LOCICAL THEN CALLING 10 FT TO THE FROZEN CANADIAN TUNDRA.

KYLE
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-28-2004, 12:39 PM Reply   
Ok maybe not a Cup, hehe. Good luck bro, don't forget to film it. A pool on the other end would be cool. But a said somewhere up there, slighty less gradient would make it alot easer and less likely of a nut smacker (but then where's the challenge eh?)
Changing subject a little: Did the Nutz (the Deas ones) ever build sliders on the slough?
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-28-2004, 1:35 PM Reply   
Kyle ya we built the same one and its in the water! ya we will try to film it! and yes we are building a pool on the other side.... yes there are tons of sliders at the slough!!! they got a new x-star its sweet
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-28-2004, 2:48 PM Reply   
wakescene,

speaking of fruit cake...
Old     (tiger20)      Join Date: Sep 2001       04-28-2004, 4:28 PM Reply   
* shakes head *

Silly Canadians....
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       04-28-2004, 6:16 PM Reply   
Evan, he's just looking out for you. Honestly, it doesn't look all that safe. And I'm not sure what your friend was thinking by not building some sort of pool at the other end of the rail (especially considering the height--that pointless jib is a completely different deal because you'll need more speed to make it up that first incline than what they needed to hit a little flat rail).

And lastly, based on other posts...I just question your ability level at this point. Baby steps are what will keep you riding this entire season...but good luck if you try it.
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-28-2004, 7:08 PM Reply   
electric, yes I know me and my buddy are going to make a landing pool its a no brainner
Old    skeezyrida            04-28-2004, 7:28 PM Reply   
dude hit that shi*
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-29-2004, 6:44 AM Reply   
PFFTT...
Old    emoney            04-29-2004, 6:51 AM Reply   
Dude the funny thing here is that if there were a PRO building and hitting that slider everyone would think thats sweet, but when its a regular everyone likes to knock it, I think there is some jelousy amongst wakeboarders, cant we all just get along, EVAN hit that mother and send some footage so you can post and show eveyone whats up.....Peace
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-29-2004, 8:04 AM Reply   
may long weekand baby!!!
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       04-29-2004, 11:52 AM Reply   
Don't assume things eric. When a pro builds something like that, people don't necessarily worry because they have already proven their skills. But accidents can happen--look at what gregg necrason did a few years ago...and he's been jibbing as long as anyone. And gregg was also the one that said at one point, someone is going to kill themselves on a rail (this was when the uhaul truck was a big thing).

I don't know, I'm more offended at the jealousy implication...like I said, don't jump to conclusions.
Old     (tiger20)      Join Date: Sep 2001       04-29-2004, 12:26 PM Reply   
"...me and my buddy are going to make a landing pool its a no brainner"

well obviously, what were we all thinking!? go right ahead bra.
Old    emoney            04-29-2004, 12:33 PM Reply   
I know accidents can happen, all I'm sayin is give the boy some positivity not negativity......If he's gonna do it, he's gonna do it. So we might as well give him some positive feedback.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       04-29-2004, 2:16 PM Reply   
I don't totally agree with that. If the rail would have been reasonable (with an example being the little pointless jib that was referenced earlier) I would have been like, "That looks like a blast. Have fun!" But this rail is significantly bigger with more consequences...and I know evan hasn't been wakeboarding that long.

This just reminds me of the kids that copied jackass...so I'm not totally on board with the "just do it" mentality. Like I said, it would be completely different If I had a reason to have faith in their abilities...but at this point I don't want them to end up with a broken arm or a broken neck. Whatever I suppose, that's where I stand...
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-29-2004, 3:16 PM Reply   
electric lol thanks for looking out for me.... when I get there and Im about to hit it ill think about what you guys said but usually ill just go for it.... and ya I havn't been boarding very long but Im not that bad at sliders... I dont think its like jack ass at all but I understand what your saying!! thanks for the adives peeps lol
Old    boofhead            04-29-2004, 3:51 PM Reply   
This tread is really about taking risks - and how to do it safely. Whilst nothing is ever 100% safe - and if it were wouldnt be fun anyway, you got to cover your back and make sure your not going too far and being stupid.
This sport is about taking risks and riding away - its not about nailing yourself. But to push yourself and the sport you have know that theres a chance you will and so protect the downside.

So I say go for it, nice one, but think about how it could go wrong and try and stop that from occuring so you can do it again.
That you might get hurt is not a good reason for not doing something. That you probably will is.
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-29-2004, 4:30 PM Reply   
rich, can I get a AMEN lol
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       04-29-2004, 7:08 PM Reply   
Injuries can always happen, even on stupid things..I tore my acl and screwed up my knee pretty badly last summer while warming up with a 180 (I still can't ride and june will be one year from my mishap). So rich, you're right, the thought if an injury shouldn't scare anyone away from doing something, because it could happen on the least expected trick. But the trick is trusting your abilities and knowing when to push yourself. Anyway, I've posted enough on this thread. Evan, if you do it, good luck.
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-29-2004, 7:20 PM Reply   
Electric, ya thanks for the advice!!! ill remember what you said the day before I hit it... you still havn't showed me a picture of yourself jk jk jk