Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    nwwakerider            04-13-2011, 8:51 PM Reply   
I am going this weekend to test drive an 03 MC X-10, and I wanted to see if there is anything specific I need to be checking for?

I know some of the things to look for when looking at boats (hours, interior, exterior damage, how it generally drives/rides when out on the water), but are there any issues with these boats, that I need to keep an eye out for?

I saw the earlier post with the guy asking about the 90's ProStar, but this is a different boat and I didn't want to hijack his thread either.

Thanks
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-13-2011, 9:16 PM Reply   
Water leaks, how easy does it shift in and out of fwd/reverse, low voltage alarm/check engine light/siren, condition of the steering cable, i.e. how easy is it to turn, ballast pumps-make sure they work in both directions fill/empty, check oil and tranny fluid, when was the impeller last changed, take it up to WOT for at least 1 minute. That's about all I can think of off of the top of my head. Lastly,

CHECK TO MAKE SURE ALL BOARD RACKS WORK. 2003 racks are worth more than gold. They were only made for one year and they break. I have fixed a couple if they aren't too bad. Shoot me a PM if you need a lesson. If you get this boat you will want to eventually upgrade to the 2004 Clamping racks, but this requires drilling new holes in the tower.
Old     (scottj814)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-14-2011, 1:10 PM Reply   
i had an 02 x-10, the only problems that i ever had with it was the steering cables dont last very long, and i had to replace the ballast pumps. other than that it was a great boat.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-14-2011, 8:37 PM Reply   
I've driven plenty of boats in my lifetime but driving one of these I'll never forget. I found this boat very difficult to maneuver around the launch ramp. Slow speed turns, pulling up to the dock , lining up for the trailer etc etc. I just couldnt figure it out. only driven it acouple times though. Its a beast of a boat that is really slow to respond when your not on plane IMO. I did love the room and thought it was a very well built boat. Seen the ballast pump issue also.