Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (pucktowake)      Join Date: May 2007       08-02-2007, 9:17 AM Reply   
whats a rodeo
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-02-2007, 9:23 AM Reply   
360 with no handle pass. You put the handle above your head.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       08-02-2007, 9:42 AM Reply   

quote:

360 with no handle pass. You put the handle above your head.

Ole

-Steve
Old     (pucktowake)      Join Date: May 2007       08-02-2007, 9:51 AM Reply   
so the trick is an ollie 360 with the handel pass above your head???
whats ole
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-02-2007, 9:53 AM Reply   
Steve - Am I wrong then?
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       08-02-2007, 12:51 PM Reply   
Rodeo is essentially an off-axis spin. It doesn't really apply to wakeboarding because we just call them "off-axis spins". It's from other sports (snowboarding) where you kind of cork out a spin into an almost fliplike spin.

Example ('rodeo' 540):
Upload
Example (reg 540):
Upload

Unless of course by 'whats a rodeo' you're asking about bullriding and horses and stuff, in which case I have no idea really.

quote:

Steve - Am I wrong then?

Yeah pretty much. A spin w/ no handle pass is called ole, unless you really just flip instead of get a true spin (think ole TS 540 vs Scarecrow, almost the same trick).

-Steve
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       08-02-2007, 12:55 PM Reply   
Clarification:

quote:

A spin w/ no handle pass is called ole

A spin where you put the handle above your head. Technically you can land wrapped and spin w/o a handle pass, but thats something different altogether.

-Steve
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-02-2007, 3:07 PM Reply   
"Unless of course by 'whats a rodeo' you're asking about bullriding and horses and stuff, in which case I have no idea really."

Thanks for the laugh. :-)
Old    jpbray            08-03-2007, 6:42 AM Reply   
This snowboarding tricks looks more like a frontside cork 540..

this is more a like a fs rodeo 540 because he's completely inverted : http://picot.tristan.free.fr/image/tristan9.jpg

here is the backside version of the rodeo : http://www.snowboardclub.co.uk/grafix/riders/marcandretarte/90rollseq.jpg

it looks better and it's the same thing as a tantrum to blind.