Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-24-2007, 2:15 PM Reply   
I'm entering a picture contest and I'm doing wakeboarding, naturally. So most people would assume the picture would be of my riding but I have a slight problem. I broke my foot and have a cast on my leg and not able to ride right now. But I still want to enter the contest so I need some ideas of a clevar, yet original picture that captures the essence of wakeboarding with me and my board in it, but not technically on the water riding...I was thining about something that shows how much I miss wakeboarding since I have the cast on or something like that...I really don't know. That's why I need all your guy's help!!

If that makes sence, any ideas would be awesome and help me out a ton!

Thanks, feel free to e-mail me at Sportyj10@aol.com

Jamie
Old     (martinique)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-24-2007, 2:39 PM Reply   
remove one binding and duct tape your cast to the board and put on the other binding...
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-24-2007, 2:40 PM Reply   
That would be funny.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-24-2007, 3:52 PM Reply   
Wakeboards have a pretty original shape to them. I am sure that you can use that to your advantage. I can invision something that cuts part of your face out with the board, or that you are looking reflected in the top sheet.

Just mess around with it and have some fun
Old     (jakoerber)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-24-2007, 4:39 PM Reply   
is it spelled sense or sence ive seen a lot of both on here
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-24-2007, 7:54 PM Reply   
AG - HAHA that would be great..I'll see what I can do with it. I'll post pics when I get it done. I get my cast off tomorrow, and hopefully don't get another one on, but I want to get this picture done before I get it off. I think it'll be cool.

Thanks guys, keep em coming!
Old     (madison_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-24-2007, 10:10 PM Reply   
-Andy 'Sence' isn't a word. You'll find a lot of misspellings on the internets. People tend to type in a quick and dirty manner, but that's just the nature of the beast. You'll also see 'since' in the place of 'sense'. I wouldn't worry about it. If you're learning your spelling here, then you're doomed ;-) Back to boarding :-)
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-24-2007, 10:37 PM Reply   
Brian - Thank you! No one cares about spelling on here..
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-25-2007, 6:46 AM Reply   
With your luck, someone will either run over while you've got the board on, drop something on you while your standing there, set you on fire in some freak mishap, or lastly lightning will strike you while your taking the picture.
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-25-2007, 9:05 AM Reply   
DUDE I KNOW!!! How did you know I have basically the worst luck in the world...well the past couple months or so...Well I better get going, I have COURT to go to this morning before the doctors! lol
Old     (swami)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-25-2007, 11:06 AM Reply   
I thought a picture contest (photo contest) was a contest where you submit pictures you took? (there is always the remote! LOL)

What division are you entering in? Self Portrait?

-S
Old     (madison_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-25-2007, 12:56 PM Reply   
BTW Jamie, sweet profile picture-- It's a nice poke and the badass look on your face is priceless-- it's sad to hear that you're hurt.
Old     (swami)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-25-2007, 3:26 PM Reply   
oh, and to answer your original question, take a picture of you holding your board on a dock or shore, while another rider goes by. Bonus for sunset shots.

Good luck.
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-25-2007, 8:42 PM Reply   
Oh smami thats a good idea...might have to think about that one...Oh and by the way it's a contest where you and the photographer both win. So it's a riding shot, but also based on the skill of the photographer.

And I got my cast off today and the doc wanted to put another one on for another 3 weeks! I said NO. I asked for a walking boot and he said yes and to come back in 3 weeks. Again, I still said no. So I went from 3 weeks, to 11 days...Good luck trying to get me to keep this one on! At least I can take it on and off. I'm planning on getting my foot taped and stuff and playing in our games this weekend.. We'll see what coach thinks about that. I hit and stuff today.

I'll post some pics when I get them taken.

Jamie