Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old    outnumbered            10-03-2005, 6:06 PM Reply   
What are some good older hulls that have some V to the bottom that would give you a smoother ride and better wake. I am looking for a used ski/boarding boat around $15k or so. I'm in AZ if anyone has anything for sale. I posted a want ad FYI.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       10-03-2005, 6:43 PM Reply   
It might be a stretch for 15k, but a 93 or newer Nautique Super Sport or the Sport Nautique IMO have the best wakes for boats that were created before the true wakeboard boat was developed. I had a SN for 3 months this summer and really enjoyed skiing and boarding behind it (with a 800 lb fat seat, 300 lbs in the bow). If it had ballast tanks, a tower, PP, and a little bigger wake I would have kept it.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-04-2005, 11:23 AM Reply   
Buy mine, Buy mine. http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/255510.html?1128035724
It's got a great WB wake with enough weight. Selling for a new 211TE. $19K is negotiable, but $15K for these will be hard to find. Good luck.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-04-2005, 12:26 PM Reply   
Look for a Supra Sunsport, very deep hull and deep v.
Old    alanp            10-04-2005, 1:19 PM Reply   
machew the year was 1995 for the supersports.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-04-2005, 8:09 PM Reply   
I bought my 99 supra pro launch a year ago on ebay. I got it for $23k. It's 21/11 open bow deep sided. Deals are out there just keep looking. That Nautique above is a sweet boat good price good wake. My friend has the same Nautique but a closed bow. His boat runs a top speed of 56mph with only 4 people.
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       10-04-2005, 8:16 PM Reply   
I guess I should have wrote 93 or newer Sport Nautique or 95 or newer Super Sport Nautique, Sorry for the bad info. Both are still great boats, I just have the experience with the SN.
Notidad- that's a sweet boat and looks well cared for. I'm gonna tell my buddies about this one!
John this hull was the 1st Air Nautique and has a very decent wake.
Old    outnumbered            10-04-2005, 9:19 PM Reply   
Thanks for the help. I am waiting to hear back from Noti Dad. Does anyone know where he is located?
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-05-2005, 8:42 AM Reply   
Seattle. And I am told by th CC guys that this was the first year for the Super Air hull. SS and Sport shared it until Sport changed in 97(?) but remained for the SS and into the SAN until 04(?). With enough weight I can get the SAN wake out of this boat. Took about 2K to get it there. No problem out of the hole and unloaded still pegs the speedo @ 50mph (yes it's calibrated correctly). Forgot to add the new stereo from last year. Sony explodes to match the color almost perfectly, Pioneer MP3/CD deck, MTX 750 amp and 12" sub. Makes the water ripple when the bass thumps.
Old    outnumbered            10-05-2005, 8:47 PM Reply   
Thanks Noti, just a little too far to make it worth while.

Good luck with the sale.