Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old    ssippiriverrat            07-30-2004, 5:06 PM Reply   
Not that I really want to get in a big Bush vs. Kerry thing here but does anyone really care? For me, I guess as long as my lake (or river in my case) is clean and gas prices are low--it can be alot of bs.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-30-2004, 5:43 PM Reply   
If you check the "Non-Wakeboarding Discussion" section on this site, it is very obvious that no wakeboarders care about politics, at least not around here, nobody has any strong opinions to express, and not very many people support George Bush.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-30-2004, 5:45 PM Reply   
I know this has probally the most politically apathatic group ive very seen.
Old    deltahoosier            07-30-2004, 5:56 PM Reply   
I can not stand those guys on the non-wakeboarding section. They never talk about politics or anything. I think they just talk about doing their hair and nails or something.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-30-2004, 6:53 PM Reply   
The 2 Threads in the non wakeboarding discussion worth reading are DA MAN CLUB & REEF CHICKS!
Old    ssippiriverrat            07-30-2004, 7:20 PM Reply   
Ya, my bad. I guess I never ventured into the non-wakeboarding section. So I will restate my question--Are wakeboarders naturally apathetic? Is that in someway inherent to them? I had a subscription to Alliance mag--and while I like parts of the mag (pics are sweet)--much of it is nothing but fluff and what appears to be only the editors talking to themselves--Not that they should be putting politics into a wakeboarding mag, but maybe some info on tricks or talking up events or where the sport is progessing toward.
PS Wakeworld,I love the 1080 contest--great for the sport.
But do other wakeboarders really sit around and laugh at the Distortion Fashion issue or the girl pointing to the dog's balls and saying Alliance subscribe today "you're nuts if you don't"?

Maybe I should just get Wakeboarding Mag
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-30-2004, 9:32 PM Reply   
ya i have a subscription to wakeboarding mag and i also have the newest issue of alliance mag, no contest between them - wakeboarding is way better......they have reef chicks
Old    africantapwater            07-30-2004, 9:46 PM Reply   
As for politics, theres another board you might like. http://boards.swirve.com/board.cgi?boardset=utopia just click on the politics forum. Ive been going there for a few years now, there are some amazing arguements and debates that go on. Very informative, its almost worth going there instead of watching the news.
Old     (oldirish)      Join Date: May 2004       07-30-2004, 10:07 PM Reply   
My 2 cents,
Most politicians are parasites. We all know what parasites can do to a boat.
Old    norcal_99            07-30-2004, 10:56 PM Reply   
Dave should rename the non-wakeboarding section the political arena.
Old    kryft            07-30-2004, 11:07 PM Reply   
Or just make a new section for politics... those people get a little carried away in there.
Old    norcal_99            07-30-2004, 11:11 PM Reply   
"a little" is an understatement.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-30-2004, 11:38 PM Reply   
wakeboarders are just chill. and many of us know that the president is just PR the cabinet actually runs the country.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-31-2004, 9:13 AM Reply   
a lot of us belong to other boards where politics get discussed. I will be voting, and it will not be for lurch
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-01-2004, 5:31 PM Reply   
}WAKEBOARDERS ARE A BUNCH OF DAM LIBERALS. THE WORLD IS MADE OF TOO MANY DAM LIBERALS. KILL TERRORISTS. I am exhausted now, I think I will go fishing after I beat my wife and have a few beers.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-02-2004, 9:57 AM Reply   
The funny thing about all the political threads in the "non-wakeboarding" discussion is that it’s the same people arguing the same stuff over and over. I always start to read them and they all turn into Kerry bashing, everything is so one sided, its stupid. Then when someone does try to say something other than GO BUSH, they get their *** chewed.

I think people need to listen to what the other side has to say, then reply without flaming everyone that has a different opinion.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-02-2004, 10:36 AM Reply   
"I have have been voting Republican, Democrats have always left a bad taste in my mouth" ~ Monica Lewinsky
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-10-2004, 8:01 PM Reply   
No.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-10-2004, 8:15 PM Reply   
shawn, i actually see it the other way around...lots of bush bashers. well, it's less now that 1 person has voluntarily stopped posting.
Old    obsurfer            08-11-2004, 12:39 AM Reply   
Shaun I see it youre way,and I have good vision like mango.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-11-2004, 11:14 AM Reply   
Hey Joe, maybe we can discuss it over a Gatorade, in Jeff's SANTE this weekend.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-11-2004, 11:58 AM Reply   
fo sho, fo sho!
Old    cuteguy            08-11-2004, 12:09 PM Reply   
Democracy means government by the uneducated, while aristocracy means government by the badly educated.