Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old                03-18-2004, 10:46 PM Reply   
I am looking for a video camera to shoot primarily wakeboard footage. I want to be able to throw it on the laptop and edit it too. I have a pretty low budget, around $500. Any reccommendations?? MiniDV or Digital 8?? And what model?? I am pretty lost, any help would be great.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-18-2004, 11:52 PM Reply   
miniDV unless you already have a stock of Hi8 video tapes that you want to reuse. That's basically the only benefit of Digital8. Since more manufacturers make miniDV video cameras they are usually lower priced and you have many more options.

I prefer Sony and Canon, but JVC Sharp Panasonic etc. are all good in that price range.

You'll need a firewire (IEEE 1394) interface on the laptop and a firewire cable in order to transfer the video from the video camera to the laptop.
Old                03-19-2004, 7:11 AM Reply   
definately go wiith the minidv. Sony has the TRV 38 which is 100 more than ur price range but a great camera. Check out BHphotovideo.com they have tons of cameras and i only order from them online with this kinda stuff. great returns to. Check out cnet.com and look under the camcorders section. I would recomend canon and sony mostly. I love sonys touch sceen.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=272605&is=REG
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-19-2004, 3:21 PM Reply   
I just picked up a Canon ZR60 on eBay for just more than half of what it would cost to buy it at Circuit City. So far I love the shots I get (using a .6 ND filter too) and the videos have come out looking nice.