Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old                02-24-2004, 5:45 PM Reply   
I am thinking about getting Premiere pro with the whole package of those programs for the name though. I have heard it has a steep learning curve though. I am very quick to pick up on programs, but kind of have to be shown the way a little. I am a high school student and dont have too much time but are there any suggestions of where i could learn to do some things like these. Ive used tutorials but i find i learn it faster if im taught by a person. I live in Philadelphia PA and go to St Joes Prep. Any sugestions as to where i could learn or anythign like that. If you have any tutorial sites it would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks
Old                02-25-2004, 2:54 PM Reply   
I use Adobe Premiere and I really like it. I had someone show me how to use it which helped a lot. I will tell you that the learning curve is how you make it. If you just want to cut and edit some film, add some music, and even do some slow motion it is extremely easy. If you are going for a lot of effects and transitions it can become a harder. I will say though that from the few films I have made, you will spend 1 hour for every 3 minutes of footage.
Good luck.
Old                02-25-2004, 3:00 PM Reply   
ok thanks for the info
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-25-2004, 3:55 PM Reply   
There are a bunch of tutorials online at http://www.wrigleyvideo.com/ that are really good. The guy describes exactly what he is doing and why. I've found that I can easily duplicate the results he gets. If you start off with the simple tutorials you should be able to edit simple video clips in just a few hours (meaning it won't take you weeks to figure out the program).

Since you're in high school make sure you buy the student package so you save a few hundred dollars.
Old                02-25-2004, 5:10 PM Reply   
yea i know about the stude4nt package. it saves me about 300 dollars. I can get the package for like 500 which is decent. Thanks for the site im looking into it now
Old                02-29-2004, 8:56 AM Reply   
Great Post
I bought a crap program to test how the process would be and learned I should have saved my money and bought Premiere.