Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old                12-28-2003, 11:32 AM Reply   
My girlfriend and some family members pooled in to get me a video camera for wakeboarding. This stuff is greek to me??? They bought me a Sony digital 8 dcr-trv250. I'm not sure if I should be spending a few extra bucks and upgrading to the 350.

They both use digital 8 tapes but the 350 has a memory card aswell to help with editing and still pictures??

My main goal is to make quick vids of our riding - -quality not the main issue . . . but the ability to edit photage in as simple a fashion in a digital format similar to what we see on wakepics. ex. (add music and only used footage that I like and slowmotion if it's possible)

Money is an issue . . . as I did not expect this gift and would rather work with what I have or a slight upgrade. Suggestions (250 or 350) or is software the solution.

I will appologize about the ignorance in advance . . . any thoughts?? Please help.

Thanks,
Todd
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-29-2003, 7:16 AM Reply   
I would stick with the unit you have now. Photos from camcorders, especially ones based on 1 chip lower megapixel designs don't yield that good of stills. Slowmotion is added by your video editor on your computer.
Old                12-29-2003, 10:58 AM Reply   
Thanks Rich
Old     (jjared)      Join Date: Oct 2002       01-03-2004, 8:07 AM Reply   
I would not go with a digital 8. If you can change go to Mini-DV. If money is an issue and you can't afford to go to the Sony Mini-DV then try out the Canon line. They have a Mini-DV that goes for like 450.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-03-2004, 9:31 PM Reply   
I agree, go with MiniDV if you can instead of Digi8 but he was asking if it was worth upgrading between those 2 cams.