Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old    dbl_g            09-18-2003, 9:49 AM Reply   
I am looking for a new board and have many questions.
My background: been riding for 4-5 years. I can jump wake to wake toe and heelside,with or without doing a 180 or grab. Also can land a 360 without, but can't pass the handle yet.
I attended a wakeboard school this summer and the instructor says to get rid of my ancient board and buy a the Parks or TFD. I have several questions:
1. What skill level am I (ie; advanced intermediate...
2.) should I be looking for a more traditional two fin board, or the new four or six fin style.
I think I ruled out a 3 stage rocker based on all the converstations here, I think I have narrowed my search down to the O'brien Cobe or Hyperlite TFD.
Would love to here your thoughts
Thanks
Old    upupnaway            09-18-2003, 10:17 AM Reply   
Demo, demo, demo. Establish a run of 10 tricks you can land consistantly, and repeat the run on several boards. pick your fav by controlled evaluation.
Skill level wise, one spin and no inverts will put you in intermediate according to the I.N.T. league.
Old    huckleberry            09-18-2003, 10:39 AM Reply   
Gregg

I have a Cobe 142 and a Player 138. I'm about 155 lbs. I the Player beter because it seemes to be a little more responsive than the Cobe, but that might be from the board size. I feel I can cut alot faster with the Player over the Cobe. The Cobe has a 3-stage rocker. I don't know the difference, I've never rode a continuous rocker.

Good luck on finding the right board.
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-18-2003, 11:01 AM Reply   
1) You're a beginner, moving to intermediate. It isn't so much about what you are, but what you're gonna be. To get your 360, jump first, then pull the handle to cause the spin. If you do this, you will get the handle (and be intermediate!). Right now, it sounds like you're hucking a spin and then trying to catch the handle. Don't do that.
2) The number of fins does not really matter. The agressive 3 stage rocker boards (i.e. Parks and LF Subjekt) are probably a bit too advanced for you. Other than that, most of the current boards out there will serve you well. Since you're looking for a continuous rocker, I would definitely try the Liquid Force Team board. I prefer continuous rocker and love that board.
Old    wakeboard_iraq            09-18-2003, 11:13 AM Reply   
Dont forget about the Hyperlite Premier - it has a very subtle 3-stage (really more continuous than anything else).
Old     (tantrum999)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-18-2003, 1:10 PM Reply   
Premiere definately. its a cant go wrong board