Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       05-20-2013, 2:22 PM Reply   
Hey, I just picked up a 92 Supra Sunsport. I'm still in the process of getting it dialed in for ballast though. It's a direct drive and I've only got 1 bag so far. I should be getting another bag pretty soon. I do have the tower and pefect pass though.

We've been putting in lately at Marine Park by downtown Vancouver on the Columbia River. My wife and I get off work at 4pm, so launching by 5pm is typically feasible.
Old     (VinnyQH)      Join Date: Jul 2011       05-23-2013, 4:58 PM Reply   
I'm always down, I live on the columbia jantzen beach text me anytime you need a third or want to come on my boat. 503-867-5000

Vincent
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       05-31-2013, 11:10 AM Reply   
What boat do you have Vincent?
Old     (sporte77)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-15-2013, 8:34 AM Reply   
I'm looking for a few more people to add to my list for weekday rides. If I go during the week - it's usually Monday or Friday & I launch at 1030am - go until 2pm. Surf and wakeboard - but open to skiing as well. 2012 VLX. If we can get in touch - I'd like to get more people on my text/email list. Having a hard time finding 3rds - since some of my regulars either got different jobs - or just find other excuses...

Sam
PM me if interested or reply please.
Old     (hskrfan2187)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-15-2013, 1:54 PM Reply   
Hey guys, I just moved to the area (live in Camas, WA) from Omaha Nebraska. I'm looking for people to ride with. I don't have a boat out here so I would be looking to be a third. I don't have my board out here yet (should have it by July 4th), but am willing to be a driver until then. I work during the week though so I would only be available on weekends. PM me or reply if interested. Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporte77 View Post
I'm looking for a few more people to add to my list for weekday rides. If I go during the week - it's usually Monday or Friday & I launch at 1030am - go until 2pm. Surf and wakeboard - but open to skiing as well. 2012 VLX. If we can get in touch - I'd like to get more people on my text/email list. Having a hard time finding 3rds - since some of my regulars either got different jobs - or just find other excuses...

Sam
PM me if interested or reply please.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       06-25-2013, 7:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hskrfan2187 View Post
Hey guys, I just moved to the area (live in Camas, WA) from Omaha Nebraska. I'm looking for people to ride with. I don't have a boat out here so I would be looking to be a third. I don't have my board out here yet (should have it by July 4th), but am willing to be a driver until then. I work during the week though so I would only be available on weekends. PM me or reply if interested. Thanks guys.
Matt, once I get my boat back from the shop and figure out what it's all gonna need (Tranny's been slipping so I'm not sure if it's gonna need some $$$$ repairs), I'll definitely keep you in mind.

I'm up in the Salmon Creek area and usually launch from downtown Vancouver area.

-Trayson
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       06-25-2013, 10:12 AM Reply   
We try to get out as much as possible. Typically put in at portco as well. Sam and I are always looking for riders although I'm typically a weekend guy due to my job.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       06-25-2013, 10:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by newty View Post
We try to get out as much as possible. Typically put in at portco as well. Sam and I are always looking for riders although I'm typically a weekend guy due to my job.
Well, you know my boat situation from the other thread. What kind of boat are you running? Do you mostly wake, surf or both?

I just picked up a new Liquid Force Fish 5'9 surf board that I'm stoked to try out. Also have an older Broadcast 4'9. I wakeboard on my Belmont 143 w/ CWB hinge bindings.

If my boat ends up with some downtime, I will probably be hitting you up to get my fix. I work M-F 7:30am to 4pm, so I'm evenings and weekends too...

Edit: I saw your boat on your profile. Looks sweet. Looks like we're about the same age too.

Last edited by trayson; 06-25-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       07-15-2013, 9:18 AM Reply   
Anyone going out this week or upcoming weekend that would have room for me, my son (7) and wife? My boat is down with the transmission getting rebuilt and I have my son through this weekend and then he has to go back to his mom's. So if I could get out on a someone else's boat before my son's visit is over, that would be really cool.
Old     (sporte77)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-15-2013, 9:57 AM Reply   
Can't this week/weekend. Keep the posts up though :-)
Who's working on your trans?
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       07-15-2013, 10:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Can't this week/weekend. Keep the posts up though :-)
Who's working on your trans?
It's getting rebuilt by Fantastic Finish Marine in OH. They do a FULL rebuild for $900, so I just bit the bullet to have it done right. I've got 530 hours on the boat, so it'll be good for a long time to come now. Got a killer deal with fedex ground for shipping it there, but it's taking a full 5 business days for shipping. I was out of town at the end of this past week, so it didn't bother me then, but now that I'm back--I wanna get back on the water!
Old     (sporte77)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-15-2013, 10:07 AM Reply   
900 - not bad at all. It's been nice out there. We've been pretty slammed at work & then the busy weekends. We will probably hook up & go ride when the kids are back in school.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       07-15-2013, 10:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
900 - not bad at all. It's been nice out there. We've been pretty slammed at work & then the busy weekends. We will probably hook up & go ride when the kids are back in school.
Well, when your schedule frees up, by all means LMK. My Supra directdrive is okay to surf behind, but I'd LOVE to get a ride sometime behind your 'Bu. Looks like an amazing ride. I'm still a bit of a surf newb, but I've been able to get 30 to 60 second freerides behind my Supra...
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       07-23-2013, 2:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyQH View Post
I'm always down, I live on the columbia jantzen beach text me anytime you need a third or want to come on my boat. 503-867-5000

Vincent
Vinny, it was awesome riding with your crew. You guys were a lot of fun to chill with. My transmission is rebuilt and I'll get it back on Friday. I'm out of town this weekend but will be working on getting the tranny back in early next week. I'll have my boat back soon! Woot!
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       08-23-2013, 10:39 PM Reply   
Boat's back up and running. Would love to go our Saturday morning (8/23). I know it's a last minute post, but the wife and I don't have a 3rd to go with us.

-Trayson
Old     (sporte77)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-11-2013, 8:58 AM Reply   
Planning on launching this Friday (ah..the 13th!) @ Portco (aka Marine Park) in Vancouver @ 1030am. Wake, surf, whatever works. Kids are in school - so it's an adult run.
If you can make it - please PM me & I will look for you at the launch. (If you need a map, use google maps and search "SE Marine Park Way, Vancouver, WA").
Sam
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       09-11-2013, 9:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Planning on launching this Friday (ah..the 13th!) @ Portco (aka Marine Park) in Vancouver @ 1030am. Wake, surf, whatever works. Kids are in school - so it's an adult run.
If you can make it - please PM me & I will look for you at the launch. (If you need a map, use google maps and search "SE Marine Park Way, Vancouver, WA").
Sam
Have a blast. We were out last night by the 205 bridge and it was fantastic.

I'm hitching a ride on a v-drive tonight. We won't be out Friday until after the wife get's off work. But my son flys in early Friday so I'm stoked we can even be out on the water instead of waiting at PDX.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       09-11-2013, 9:06 AM Reply   
Agreed! Perfect night.
Attached Images

Old     (sporte77)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-11-2013, 9:22 AM Reply   
Beautiful.
Old     (KyShredZ)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-04-2014, 7:09 PM Reply   
I live in Vancouver area usually boating in Deas Slough (delta) hit me up if your ever out this way or need a pull!
Old     (B_Webster)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-10-2014, 10:51 PM Reply   
Hey guys,
I will be moving to the Portland area in the next couple of months and am always looking to ride. I can drive the boat, have my own board, and always have gas money. Shoot me a text at 541.979.5155 if you are ever looking for a third or just another body in the boat.

Thanks,

Brady
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       03-11-2014, 7:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyShredZ View Post
I live in Vancouver area usually boating in Deas Slough (delta) hit me up if your ever out this way or need a pull!
Kyle, what kind of boat do you have? Where do you typically launch?
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       03-11-2014, 7:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Webster View Post
Hey guys,
I will be moving to the Portland area in the next couple of months and am always looking to ride. I can drive the boat, have my own board, and always have gas money. Shoot me a text at 541.979.5155 if you are ever looking for a third or just another body in the boat.

Thanks,

Brady
Sounds good Brady. I definitely had times last season where I needed to secure a 3rd, so I'm sure we'll have ya out on the water this summer...
Old     (amarletta09)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-14-2014, 1:56 PM Reply   
Hey guys,

Just moved to Portland a few months ago from Bloomington, IN. I rode on their waterski/wake team there for awhile, and just love being out on the water. Don't have a boat or any of my equipment out here yet, but I'm happy to be a third and/or drive if anyone is looking to go out, let me know.

Cheers,

Anthony
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       03-14-2014, 2:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by amarletta09 View Post
Hey guys,

Just moved to Portland a few months ago from Bloomington, IN. I rode on their waterski/wake team there for awhile, and just love being out on the water. Don't have a boat or any of my equipment out here yet, but I'm happy to be a third and/or drive if anyone is looking to go out, let me know.

Cheers,

Anthony
Cool. If you don't already, I suggest you pick up your boater's license. It's a one time fee and you don't have to ever renew it. I know that myself and other boat owners typically feel better if people we're gonna have drive have it. (Just in case the sherrif pulls us over.)

Looking forward to getting my boat ready for the season.

-Trayson
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       03-20-2014, 12:13 PM Reply   
Hey guys.. I also live in Vancouver.

We typically ride on both sides of Government Island (North side in the early mornings and calm evenings and South side when its not torn up by tubers lol...

looking forward to better weather (hate this time of year up here when we get a nice day here or there in March and April only to be followed by weeks of rain!!! sheesh!!

Anyway will most likely be looking for thirds or can be a third from time to time.

If you see us out in the Red and Black MB swing by and say hello
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       03-20-2014, 12:18 PM Reply   
Sounds good. We rode there a lot at the beginning of last summer. We did hit up the Hayden Island Slough more towards the end of the summer--especially when the water level got lower.

This is my boat, it's pretty easy to spot the "stormtrooper" on the water.

Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       03-20-2014, 1:09 PM Reply   
H.I. Slough is fun.. we sometimes go there in the evening and get a few sets in and then head up to the Island Café for some dinner...

will keep an eye out for the Stormtrooper

Just need spring to get here!
Old     (LadyJ)      Join Date: Jan 2014       04-15-2014, 1:35 PM Reply   
Hey coming down from Vancouver Canada to California. If you guys are riding early May I'd be down to join you guys for a ride or two. Have boat driving exerience, etiquette, gas cash, own gear and a friendly smile! Let me know the best way to get in touch

Cheers

Lady
Old     (VinnyQH)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-23-2014, 5:26 PM Reply   
email is best way to get in touch with me. vinnyqh@gmail.com. I'll still be living on a floating home up till may 10th so i can take anyone out whenever (school permitting)
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-13-2014, 1:15 PM Reply   
We ride occasionally down on the Willamette & Columbia but usually stay up at our north Clark County lakes which are full of dangerous animals and chemicals so don't bother coming up!......................Really, it's scary up here...................
Old     (nwbrian)      Join Date: May 2014       05-13-2014, 4:11 PM Reply   
Saw this post. In Portland area also looking for a pull. Experienced rider and driver. Have my own gear and gas $.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       05-21-2014, 9:10 AM Reply   
Boat is dewinterized. Took it out last week and had a good shakedown day in the awesome weather. Gonna be back on the water for sure on Friday as I have the day off.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       05-30-2014, 11:22 AM Reply   
Who wants to go out with us on the Supra Sunsport on Saturday May 31st?

Or the wife and I could join one of you on your boat...

Hit me up!
Old     (nwbrian)      Join Date: May 2014       05-30-2014, 10:33 PM Reply   
I have to work until 1:30 PM tomorrow but if your looking for someone to ride w/ and chip in some gas $ then let me know. nwbrian97@gmail.com

Last edited by nwbrian; 05-30-2014 at 10:33 PM. Reason: typo
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       05-30-2014, 10:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwbrian View Post
I have to work until 1:30 PM tomorrow but if your looking for someone to ride w/ and chip in some gas $ then let me know. nwbrian97@gmail.com
Well, tomorrow it looks like we have a full crew. 7 peeps on a direct drive will be quite fun.

But I'll be out again for sure. Evenings tend to be the times I need 3rd, so stay tuned.

-Trayson
Old     (nwbrian)      Join Date: May 2014       05-30-2014, 10:49 PM Reply   
Thanks for response back. Feel free hit me up.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       06-29-2014, 9:23 PM Reply   
looking to go out Tuesday July 1. Supposed to be a high of 93. Will be launching at Vancouver Marine Park probably around 5:00 to 6:30pm, depending on what we decide.

Anyone want to join?
Old    flyingtom            07-23-2014, 4:56 PM Reply   
Hey there! I'm Tom, 27 years old and moved over from Germany to Portland in January. I thought I would only focus on studying here but there's more off time than expected and I miss wakeboarding. I was riding only at cable parks and I'm not that experienced, but I'm able to jump / slide over obstacles and also to learn new tricks!

So I ordered last week a new wakeboard and now I’m looking forward to socialize with new people.
Anybody here with a free seat on his boat? Of course I'm willing to spend gas $ and help with cleaning the boat or whatever...
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       10-06-2014, 3:46 PM Reply   
Washington doesn't have school this Friday and i'll have my 8 y/o son in town. Forecast is 72 on Friday so we might squeak out one more nice day before the rain hits this weekend.

I just picked up my 2008 Moomba XLV 23' so there's lots of room over my previous Supra direct drive.

Disclaimer is that I'm still working on getting my surf wave dialed. I'm pretty confident that a lot of my problem is that my OEM swim platform is digging into my wave (like it did on my supra). I've ordered the materials to make a better surf platform but that won't happen by this weekend. so the surf wave might be just "okay". The wakeboard wake was great when I rode it this weekend.

Also, I'm not opposed to someone else's boat.

So, who's in for Friday? Launch at Vancouver Marine Park (Portco) around 9am sounds pretty good to me...
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       11-05-2014, 9:02 AM Reply   
63 and Sunny on Saturday. Water temp should be in the low 50's. Bring your own neoprene or drysuit!

My wife/son/me are going out sometime on Saturday. If anyone is crazy enough to want to join, let us know.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       03-25-2015, 3:39 PM Reply   
76 degrees forecasted for Thursday March 25th.. Anyone want to join me after work?

you'll most certainly need a wetsuit/drysuit for the 48 degree water but we should have the river to ourselves.

The boat is de-winterized with a new ballast system and we had it out over the weekend. Let's ride.
Old     (Delt725)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-24-2015, 10:16 AM Reply   
Hey trayson, just picked up my new board. I live in Wilsonville but work mostly in Vancouver. I'm up for some boarding when we get some sunshine back!
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       04-24-2015, 10:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delt725 View Post
Hey trayson, just picked up my new board. I live in Wilsonville but work mostly in Vancouver. I'm up for some boarding when we get some sunshine back!
Let's do it! Keep watching the weather but Monday's looking fantastic with a high of 80 degrees, so we'll FOR SURE be on the water after work, launching at Vancouver Marine Park/Portco.

I just upgraded my tower speakers, so I can't wait to try them out.

Old     (jude)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-26-2015, 11:24 AM Reply   
Heya- I'm not sure if this thread is still active, but I just moved back to the area last fall and am looking for a pull in the Portland area. I am available mostly during weekdays and mornings. If anyone needs a third, hit me up.
-Jude
Old     (Katemoore)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-18-2015, 11:00 PM Reply   
Hey guys! New to Portland and looking for a pull. I'm always happy to throw down gas and would like to ride as much as I can! Feel free to text me! 8058355698