Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (guitsboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-20-2008, 9:47 AM Reply   
Im thinking about adding a hot water hose to fill up our wetsuits before jumping into the 50* water this coming weekend. I havnt seen the boat since last year, but if I recall, there were 1/2 or 5/8 fittings on the top or front of the exhaust manifolds. Would you think I could pull warm enough water from there? I cant really get to the plug at the bottom of the block since its an I/O.

Id really like to be able to at least drip some hot water into a bottle that we can fill between sets so we can try and brave the cold this weekend. Eventually Ill invest in a mixer and an on-demand pump to have a more permanent solution.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-20-2008, 9:52 AM Reply   
That water is going to be freakin hot!!! the hot water showers that are on boats have a mix of cold and hot water so you don'tcook yourself
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-20-2008, 9:58 AM Reply   
Noting like a 165 degree shower.
Old     (guitsboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-20-2008, 10:01 AM Reply   
Last year I remember the manifolds being hot to the tough, but not full 160* kinda hot...

But yes, I understand the mix. Until I can properly run a mixer, I had planned on using a bottle that can be half filled with cold lake water to cool to the appropriate temp.

Thanks for the replies (and cautions)...
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-20-2008, 11:50 AM Reply   
you're going to need access to the freeze plug. The hose and fitting on there probably keeps your manifolds cool, since the exhaust is running thru there. Not sure it would work, pretty sure it won't.

If you do get down there to the freeze plug (it's 1/2" on SBF engines BTW) you might as well tap the fresh water intake and setup a "Y" fitting for your garden hose. voila - Shower and temp control.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-20-2008, 11:52 AM Reply   
oh yea, we're talking IO. not sure what you have cold water, but that should get you going.
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-20-2008, 11:54 AM Reply   
manifold agua es muy caliente..
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-20-2008, 12:00 PM Reply   
simon! Mi amigo esta enfuego!
Old     (guitsboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-20-2008, 12:01 PM Reply   
Its a 4.3L volvo which is a GM block. Also, I think its the coolant drain plug (not the freeze plug). I think you may be right about the 1/2" size. The problem is getting down to the block. I dont believe i'd be able to reach down that far because of the storage partitions on either side of the motor. Ill check it out, but im hoping to be able to buy enough stuff beforehand to rig something up.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-20-2008, 2:19 PM Reply   
righto. maybe remove the storage partitions? you could easily set your friend on fire then.

doesn't seem like that big of a deal in exchange for a warm wetsuit. Oh well, just ride first and you won't have to do a thing.

(Message edited by denverd1 on May 20, 2008)