Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-07-2006, 1:21 PM Reply   
does anyone know any history on the Supra Marauder skier boats? I boat one lat year and Do not see many if any around. Just curious to know how long they were made or if they a a rare boat to find.
Old     (jpshaff01)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-07-2006, 11:46 PM Reply   
I'm not sure how long they were made but basically its the same as a beast which were made earlier. It's pretty much a closed bow sunsport. They are probably rare for the years they were made because people either wanted the big open bow sunsport or the small slolom wake comp.
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-08-2006, 5:22 AM Reply   
I love the boat. It has tons of room for a closed bow and it spits a sweet wake. Even better when I adjust the wake plate. Thanks for the info.
Old     (northslidin)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-08-2006, 11:43 PM Reply   
Nick what year do you have? I have an '86 Marauder they are pretty rare but have a nice wake w/ 8 people and 1000 lbs of ballast.
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-09-2006, 4:41 AM Reply   
I also have an '86. I have to redo my floors and stringers next winter but Id rather spend the money on that then buy a 50k boat. 1000lbs..wow. were do you have the weight spread to?? I am looking to put some sand bags or something under the bow but not sure how much. I want to keep the nose down. I would like to here what you have. Thanks
Old     (northslidin)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-12-2006, 11:45 PM Reply   
I have redone the entire boat, spent $1000s doing it but dont want or need a boat payment. Changed all the seating to resemble a malibu xti, all my ballast are hard tanks made of wood fiberglassed over. Nose tank holds about 300lbs, driver side has 2 tanks from driver seat to about tranny holds 275lbs tranny to the back holds 275lbs, rear left holds 150lbs, and when I put a new floor in, I fiberglassed 2-3"x7' pvc pipes to the stringers then filled w/ sand. That is about 250lbs. It was a ton of work and I don't have hardly any storage because its all ballast, but it was worth it. Replaced the 351 w/ a 429 cobra jet. This is just a small bit of what I've done to the boat. I'll try to post some pics if you want.
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-14-2006, 7:00 AM Reply   
I would love to see some pics. I am tryyng to figure out what oi am going to do with mine.. I would love to see how yours has turned out. I feel the same about not having a boat pmt. Did you have to redo you stringers?? If so did you do it or who did?? What was the work like. Thanks
Old     (northslidin)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-14-2006, 8:26 PM Reply   
e-mailed pics