Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-04-2005, 9:07 PM Reply   
It's not the time it is, it's the time you start. By 10:29 we had probably been at it for a good 7 hours.
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-05-2005, 10:39 AM Reply   
The scary part is that the one on the right will be telling you to "turn your head and cough" or cutting you open!

The one on the right, well that's just scary. Just meessin' around, no offense.

Hey Nick posted them, do you expect me to sit idley by?
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-05-2005, 1:02 PM Reply   
Yeah, scary indeed. The guy on the right will probably be working on all you wakeboarders knees in about 10 years. Somehow the kid still manages a 3.9 gpa and a 34 on the MCAT. I guess all the brains went that direction in the family!

I think the scariest thing about all of this is that they were probably both legal to drive at that point in the night. I don't even think Beach had a drink yet. They are just scaring lookin' guys!
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-05-2005, 1:03 PM Reply   
Just to be fair, since I posted drunk looking pics of those two, I'll take the heat as well.........

Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-05-2005, 1:04 PM Reply   
...or worse

Old     (jbleich)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-05-2005, 10:03 PM Reply   
Cockfarmer's
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-06-2005, 11:18 AM Reply   
excuse me???
Old     (jbleich)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-07-2005, 7:53 PM Reply   
I think waterski.com called and wanted you to send in some more pics
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-08-2005, 12:04 AM Reply   
Man, you're a lot of fun there buddy. Sorry we offended your little wakeboarding community...I don't have any clue who you are so I won't even mess with your comments, we were just having some fun. I'm guessing I was wakeboarding before you even knew what a wakeboard was, so make your waterski.com jokes all day long.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-08-2005, 9:38 AM Reply   
Blike is a party pooper Nick!

Hey Blike are you even from Kansas City? Because if not get the hell out of our thread!

No J/K but in all seriousness who are you? Your profile says nothing and with your whopping 4 whole posts I'd say you're a regular chum around here!
Old    kcw            04-08-2005, 10:00 AM Reply   
Bleich why do you have to ruin this thread?.....it's my life! I am 25 and sit at work and post on a messageboard with 15 year old kids all day..don't take this from me!!!!!

p.s-are you going air chairing later, if so i would like to come, but i will need to use your air chair because i busted my shocks when i was going huge.
Old     (bc3)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-08-2005, 7:49 PM Reply   

Carter- do you ever take it off any sweet jumps???
Old     (jbleich)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-08-2005, 9:00 PM Reply   
Don't hate the playa...everyone's got jokes. No but serious BC this thing goes HUGH off sweet jumps everywhere. Its got this pimp little roller on the foil bro!
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-08-2005, 9:52 PM Reply   
Wow, didn't know I was messing with a 15 year old. Now it makes more sense.

I hope to see you guys at some INT tournaments this year. Hopefully you have the talent to back up your mouth.

Now, back to the normal discussion. Anyone want to hit Hillsdale next Saturday?

(Message edited by kstateskier on April 08, 2005)
Old     (bc3)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-08-2005, 10:54 PM Reply   
Dang!....leg belt, roller......LUCKY!!!
Old    hoochie85            04-09-2005, 12:38 AM Reply   
nick, are you the gapped toothed guy with that fat girl?
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-09-2005, 8:39 AM Reply   
First, great Napolean Dynamite references by all.

Second, Kipp, go ahead and make fun of me all day long, I deserve it for posting the stupid pics, but it's pretty low to make fun of an innocent girl.

Like I said before, sorry about the pics, and back to the original topic.....
Old     (wake21)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-09-2005, 11:35 AM Reply   
do any of you guys know of any small lakes around wichita. i live out in andover and the only thing to really go to is Eldorado and thats a really lake.
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-09-2005, 2:04 PM Reply   
Patrick, I am right by you near RoseHill. The closest to you is SantaFee lake which I only went to once. Very small and muddy and not deep enough to skyski. Close though. I use Eldorado during the winter and after a good washing of the boat to claen out the zebra mussles I go to Windfield during the summer. Winfield is small, about 15min closer to home, and not used much afterwork.
Where do you ride at Eldorado. I never went up north where people like to hang out. I run the damn or along the south soure up into old Bluestem area. I also avoid the peak jetski weekends, so I don't find it to bad. The zebra mussle have really cleaned up the thing. few months ago I could see 5-7 feet deep. Spring rains will stir thing up some. Let me know if you want a pull some time. I was out there last night.
Old     (wake21)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-09-2005, 2:14 PM Reply   
ya i usually ride at eldorado during the weekends and during the summer it is hell out there cause its always packed, but ya next time you go out give me a shout and i might be able to make it out there.
Old     (ferrarispider95)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-10-2005, 11:01 AM Reply   
I headed out to the cable park. on Sat around 4 and was very impressed.

Everyone was cool and helpful and there was a bunch of sweeet sliders and ramps. Water wasnt too bad, even for just trunks and a rash guard.

If you havent riden you should get out there, I am going to try to make it up every week or atleast every 2 weeks. (I live about an 1 hour and 20 mins away)
Old     (jbleich)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-10-2005, 9:05 PM Reply   
Nick good on ya man for being in the bigger man!
Old     (jbleich)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-10-2005, 9:07 PM Reply   
I mean damn look at those whopping 4 post working for me. I meant good on ya for being the bigger man.
Old     (brian_c)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-11-2005, 6:17 AM Reply   
Nick I am up for Hilsdale on sat. Lets get a crew together. Who wants to ride at Hilsdale on sat?? A person with a boat would be a nice start.

Hey does anyone know how to post movies. I have a nice 720 crash from this weekend I would like to show you guys.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-11-2005, 8:34 AM Reply   
I do have a boat. I'm going to keep watching the weather to decide on Hillsdale. I'm going to hit Tuttle Creek in Manhattan tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't rain all day.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-12-2005, 10:30 AM Reply   
Saturday huh? Nick we might be working on the "other lake"?!?
Old    hyperchick05            04-13-2005, 4:05 PM Reply   
All right, boys, where did everyone go??? I've never seen this thread dead for more than a few hours! Come on guys! I'm goin' out this weekend what about you?
Old     (wildcatx2)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-13-2005, 5:31 PM Reply   
I would if I could get my boat back. Can't even get ahold of the dealership to find out when it's going to be ready.
Old    hyperchick05            04-13-2005, 7:29 PM Reply   
Dang, John, that is a bad a$$ boat! Dude, get that bad boy back! I'd be going up there personally to see what was going on with my boat.
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-13-2005, 8:20 PM Reply   
There's a thread for KC Riders??? Holy Crap I need to get out more!
Old    hyperchick05            04-13-2005, 8:34 PM Reply   
Matt! Buddy! I told you that! And you are just now posting on here. Didn't I show you this thread a few days ago??? Hehe.
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-13-2005, 8:39 PM Reply   
What do you want from me buddy? I've put 50 hours into one school project in the last 2 1/2 days and have twice as much to get done by Monday... no time for wakeboarding = no time for silly chat rooms, and I would NEVER blow off working on my homework to catch up with my "chat" buddies, NEVER EVER EVER!!!
Old    hyperchick05            04-13-2005, 8:41 PM Reply   
uh-huh.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-14-2005, 1:15 AM Reply   
I think people are getting on the water = less chat time.

Blike, I heard you ran into the infamous Bobby Hamilton up at Brookside. Bet that was an experience.
Old     (brian_c)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-14-2005, 7:10 AM Reply   
So.....it is suppose to be 77F and sunny on saturday! Who wants to wakeboard all day at Hilsdale? I do. (I have gas money)
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-14-2005, 10:14 AM Reply   
Matt -

Its about time you stopped acting like a college student and starting wallowing around the internet chat rooms!

John - Is your boat at Xtreme? Where abouts in Otown do you live? Nick and I are also sportin Olathe!

Ah Bobby Hamilton (I think I just threw up in my mouth)... Just kidding I luv Bob "the plumber" Ham...

Jenn you seem hot to trot...

Lake this weekend??? Okay twist my arm!
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-14-2005, 10:14 AM Reply   
Last night was windy rough conditions down south...
Old    corkyswx2            04-14-2005, 10:47 AM Reply   
Matt O. Word. Forget that architect crap. Business Degrees. Let me tell you. Thats where its at. I have plenty of chat room time and Im still pullin a 3.9 WhaWhatWhat!!
Old    corkyswx2            04-14-2005, 10:50 AM Reply   
By the way, anybody that came to our clinic with Dean Lavelle over the summer needs to come in and purchase our first shop video. You can see clips of it online at www.skierswharfextreme2.com then click on videos.
Twiggy
Old     (wildcatx2)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-14-2005, 10:51 AM Reply   
Yea, I just talk to xtreme. I guess I had a valve on my ballast system that was busted. I really like those guys, they have had my back from the first time I walked in there and told them I wanted a boat. They were the only people that took me seriously since I am only 23. Still living with the rent down south by Heritage Park. Moving out soon. Boat was my priority when I graduated.
Old     (brian_c)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-14-2005, 11:08 AM Reply   
So John is the boat fixed yet?
Old     (wildcatx2)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-14-2005, 11:11 AM Reply   
Nope, waiting on a part!
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-14-2005, 1:30 PM Reply   
Those guys up at Xtreme are Great guys! I recommend them for all your boat buying needs!
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-14-2005, 2:23 PM Reply   

Sunny, no wind and no boat driver.... waaaa..
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-14-2005, 2:41 PM Reply   
I just walked outside and the huge flag in front of my company building which is usually whipping like crazy is dead calm... And to make matters worse its like 73 degrees outside.

Why again am I still sitting here at work? Oh yeah no one to ski with either Ken... Too bad you are in Ta Town...

Nick is at work, BLASTED MAN!
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-14-2005, 6:49 PM Reply   
Brad, Ta Town?

We should have hit the road and met at Melvern

Well I better get out tomorrow1

(Message edited by airfreak on April 14, 2005)
Old     (airfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-14-2005, 7:53 PM Reply   
Ok it sunk in... Wichita... ta da
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-15-2005, 12:11 AM Reply   
I can't deal with this work thing anymore. It's getting in the way of my water time.
Old    xstarkc1            04-15-2005, 10:57 AM Reply   
Is anyone going to make it to Hillsdale tomorrow? I can't get there until after 1 PM but was looking to meet up with some people from this board.
Old     (brian_c)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-15-2005, 11:18 AM Reply   
Brian I will be there for sure if you want to set a time to meet.
Old    logan_adams            04-15-2005, 11:22 AM Reply   
I wanna go behind a boat! Good news for me, I put my boat in this morning, no one to drive me but just back into the captains chair was great! I'm definitely going wakeboarding sunday. pics of the boat are coming Brad. later
Old    redfenix            04-17-2005, 2:31 PM Reply   
Okay, I'm brand new to the community here. I first rented a board from Sitzmark late last year for a weekend and after about the 7th time got up (driver was new at it too.) Not too stable yet, but not too bad for a total of 4-5 hours I figure. So, this year I'm buying a board, looking at the LF Evo. Any other suggestions? This year, I'll be on Pomme De Terre primarily, I've seen a few others out there, any here frequent the lake?
Old     (wildcatx2)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-17-2005, 11:24 PM Reply   
HILLSDALE SUCKS. This was the second time going there to ride and I couldn't find anything even close to decent. Has anyone riden on Clinton or Melvern and found any smoother water. It would be worth the extra drive time and gas money to me if there was any better conditions.
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-18-2005, 7:16 AM Reply   
Oh and it is going to get worse with the marina. The new marina means more boats fighting over the same little space.
Old     (rschrock)      Join Date: May 2004       04-18-2005, 7:57 AM Reply   
The best time to do Hillsdale is from 6:30-9:00PM on long summer weekdays. The weekends are a waste of time as the water get's lathered into a pretty good froth.

Sorry I didn't make it out this weekend - too much other stuff going on. What was the water temp like?

I'm still anxious to hook up with you guys. I've taken the bird decal off my boat in an effort to offer a "college neutral olive branch". We can start fighting again in October.

Randy

(Message edited by rschrock on April 18, 2005)
Old     (wildcatx2)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-18-2005, 8:13 AM Reply   
Water temp was like 55+. Pretty shocking at first but with the fullsuit on it was very manageable. You are right about the time. We were pulling off just before six and on the way back over the dam you could tell that the water was improving. That marina is crazy. It's huge, that lake isn't big enough for that to be there. It's going to be like partycove on the big weekends, you won't find my boat there, no way.

Randy, don't take your identity off of your boat. Mine is going to be litered with powercats as soon as I can make a trip to manhattan and buy some. If someone can't jump in your boat because you have differences in colleges, then you don't want them in your boat anyways.
Old     (rschrock)      Join Date: May 2004       04-18-2005, 9:19 AM Reply   
I'm just kidding John, I didn't take the birds off my boat, I'm just trying to stir up trouble .

I can be a little devious that way...
Old     (dtb)      Join Date: May 2002       04-18-2005, 9:59 AM Reply   
finally got out this year. rode most of the afternoon at smithville yesterday. just wore trunks and a shirt, wasn't too bad. it got pretty windy but i wasn't complaining, just glad to finally be out there.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-18-2005, 11:45 AM Reply   
Got out yesterday a little at my old hometown lake, Banner Creek, about 25 minutes north of Topeka. The water was about 59F, a little bumpy, but unbelievably clear. The water is normally clear, but was crazy yesterday, you could read the lettering on my ski 6+ feet under. You could easily see 10+ feet down, not your normal KS lake experience. Not too much boat traffic, just a lot of fisherman thinking we were crazy. Sorry for the ski pics, didn't have the wakeboard or Landlock in my 3 event bag. Pics are for water condition purposes only!

I don't know why we will be fighting in October....the streak will begin again.

(Message edited by kstateskier on April 18, 2005)
Old    logan_adams            04-18-2005, 1:56 PM Reply   
swerver!
Old    xstarkc1            04-18-2005, 2:32 PM Reply   
Another beautiful weekend with too much going on to get out to the lake. Wildcatz2, I agree, hillsdale sucks for wind breaks. Have you tried going back under the bridge? There is a nice run back there if there is enough water. Most people wont go back there but if the lake is above 914ft you should be ok. We have skied back there for years and "found" most of the problem areas. The last I looked the lake was at 915ft so enter at your own risk.
Old     (wildcatx2)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-18-2005, 3:26 PM Reply   
Yea, I know the spot you are talking about. I saw a pretty sweet supra back there last year when I was fishing with my dad. I didn't want to go back in there my first trip out with my new boat. I am still learning how to control this thing having grown-up on a bass boat. Plus, I can't have fun riding if I am worrying about my friends driving.
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-19-2005, 6:26 AM Reply   
With the nice boats you guys have I would suggest not going back there. That place is full of trees, we saw how many there were 2 years ago when the water was down. There are a ton of trees just a foot or less under the water. Like Brian said we found a bunch of them with the bottom of our boat and props. There is actually a great spot directly to the west. There is a path there but you will need someone to guide you there.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       04-19-2005, 8:54 AM Reply   
Is that the 'hole' we were in that one time out there with the slalom course? The trees on the outside broke the wind that day. I hate that lake, not a big fan of trees.

I wish I had some pics of you on the old slalom ski Logan!

Oops, killed your rep there! You going to KU in 2 weeks?
Old    xstarkc1            04-19-2005, 10:39 AM Reply   
The whole place is pretty much a hole...with the new marina out there I don't expect to spend much time there other than early season and weeknights. The only redeeming feature is that it is 25 minutes from my door.
Old    xstarkc1            04-19-2005, 10:50 AM Reply   
Phil, I was there when the water was down as well and it was a little scary to see what we have been skiing and boating over. Thats when I started checking the lake levels to be sure there was enough water to be back there. The lowest I saw it was at 910ft and there were tree tops sticking up everywhere. Unless you've seen someone else back there or know the water level I wouldn't recommend it and even then you may "find" something.
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-19-2005, 2:30 PM Reply   
Hillsdale: West wind you ride the west shore... get someone to show you the path... North wind - ride the shore over by the swim beach across the lake from the marina... East wind - ride the dam - all good wind breaks... South wind, don't even bother - go to Clinton, beat yourself up across the lake and enjoy the "magic" south shore. I'm with you guys, under the bridge scares me because I don't want to get speared.

College-age riders - KU Tournament last weekend in April. "swerving" on Saturday at Mo-Kan, (Wakeboarders go to Clinton and freeride all day,) Party Saturday night, Sunday Wakeboard tournament on Mo-Kan
Old    redfenix            04-19-2005, 5:48 PM Reply   
Hmm, thanks for helping a newb feel welcome.

(wondering if I really exist now)
Old    logan_adams            04-19-2005, 6:18 PM Reply   
Some one caught me in action Nick! I dont know how it happened but you really cant compete w/ this.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-20-2005, 8:40 AM Reply   
Hillsdale blows...

Logan - thats SOLID!
Old    jaydoc            04-20-2005, 10:50 AM Reply   
Wow. surprised to see that so many people ride in the area... Haven't wakeboarded in a while but I used to go surfing and kiteboarding before I was landlocked. Though following a kitemare i decided to hang up the kite because i like life too much. Unfortunately being a poor med student I wont have my own boat until 2015. So if anyone wants to pull sometime or needs another body in their crew, please let me know
Old     (prestone)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-22-2005, 9:31 AM Reply   
anyone goin to the ozarks this weekend maybe get some sets in
Old     (wildcatx2)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-25-2005, 10:03 PM Reply   
THIS WEATHER SUCKS!!!!
Old     (prestone)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-27-2005, 9:33 AM Reply   
how tight is that new rail at the cable park, wow and there giving a free wakeskate to the first to skate the whole thing, ill be there for sure anyone else going out?

the new rail can be seen at the liquid force truth #6
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-27-2005, 12:06 PM Reply   
For Sure!!!!!!!! That thing looks sick!
Old     (jbleich)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-27-2005, 9:45 PM Reply   
It is sick! Who ever gets over that thing on a skate should also get a $15 membership to the "FLATS" thrown in.
Old     (brian_c)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-04-2005, 9:05 AM Reply   
Its been way too quiet in here the last few days. This weather sucks! Does anyone know when the INT tourneys are going to start for Kansas?
Old     (prestone)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-04-2005, 9:52 AM Reply   
the event schedule is posted here for the kansas int
http://intleague.com/kansas/schedule.asp
Old     (michael_riffle)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-04-2005, 8:40 PM Reply   
Okay Brian, never want anyone to wonder what is going on with Kansas INT. Thanks Ryan for sending out the link on the INT. Tournaments start on June 18 at Garnett. If you have any questions, please let me know. One last thing at least you guys can have fun with a major college. Isnt to much talk about UMKC. Thats funny.

Thanks
Mike Riffle
Kansas INT
Midwest District Coordinator
Old     (brian_c)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-05-2005, 9:10 AM Reply   
Thanks guys, I will be there. Anyone going boarding this weekend? I can go all day sunday.