Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-19-2004, 9:51 PM Reply   
On some tricks... when i fall, I hurt my balls...usually its any toeside trick.. like TS Spins, Frontrolls, Scarecrows... (the worst are frontrolls... WOW, when i cut in to do a frontroll now... my sack shrivles up naturally like it does in cold water just cuz it knows its about to get hurt... and it sucks) ... i even had a sore left ball for like 4 days one time... but it happens every once in a while... not all the time of course, but just enough for me to post a thread seeing if any one out there is having the same problem as I am? what should i/we do about it?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-19-2004, 10:05 PM Reply   
well I'm having a similair problem but I hurt them when I acually fall and I skip across my ass the water shoves them or grazez them It fees like RONALDO kicked me in the groin.
SOLUTION 90% of the time is having a wet suit on or having SPEEDO like trunks and Shorts over them ofcorse to keep them all tucked in.
Old    howie            08-20-2004, 12:22 AM Reply   
One of the guys I ride with has a barefoot bottoms which we have named the diaper He doest feel much pain anymore but getts rashes he said the other day
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-20-2004, 12:29 AM Reply   
The pain should be a good motivator not to miss next time.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-20-2004, 5:01 AM Reply   
****INTERRUPTION****

( shaking her head in defeat)
Boys, boys, boys........Please use the correct terminology. As you know Balls bounce, since yours don't you shouldn't be using that word.
Now nuts don't bounce, even if you slam them on the ground as hard as you can. Instead they break or crack, however you choose to perceive.
Or you can use the anatomically correct word, but that's just not as fun word.

***YOU CAN NOW CARRY ON WITH DISCUSSION.......

Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-20-2004, 6:10 AM Reply   
do i sense disrespect to the sensitivity of this subject???

lol, they don't crack either, just compress much like a jugling ball.

i feel ure pain, thats why i always wear wetsuit shorts under my boardies, its not worth it when u take a face plant and it just slams them towards ure feet.
Old    r_dub            08-20-2004, 7:51 AM Reply   
Ive been working on heelside front flips, and Im coming up short, landing in that seated position, OUCHHHH!!!!!! Every freakin time!
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-20-2004, 7:54 AM Reply   
everytime i board freeballin my nuts are on fire at least once when i fall. I have now vowed not to go without somethin underneth. That always solves the problem for me. I guess when there so large they're bound to get hurt. It's a problem i'll sadly have to deal with the rest of my life.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-20-2004, 10:11 AM Reply   
at least they keep hanging in there!
Old     (sangeria)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-20-2004, 10:43 AM Reply   
So I guess that begs the question...since boardshorts have no support in them...what is appropriate to wear under them??? Boxers? Briefs? Jock?
Old    cheeseinaz            08-20-2004, 11:47 AM Reply   
Under Armor boxer breifs. Keeps the twins high and tight.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-20-2004, 3:24 PM Reply   
JetPilot makes a pair of ride shorts with a neo liner. I have them and i wouldn't wear anything different. But they don't block all the pain
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-20-2004, 5:48 PM Reply   
Shoot perfect timing! I can hardly walk around today and yesterday because of that problem. Only I deserve it, I did naked tubing... well I had a lifevest on. One is swollen up and seems to have something hard in there around that ball. Hope this goes away really soon, anyone know what happend to me?
Old     (rodeo)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-20-2004, 7:34 PM Reply   
O.K. I was bullriding several years ago and...ya'll know where this is going? the left one swelled about twice as big! Couldn't hardly walk for 2 days. Bullriding is no longer my favorite pasttime, but still have that problem on bad falls. anyone wear a jock strap?
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-20-2004, 8:23 PM Reply   
I was thinking about wearing my hockey jock. It is basically compressions shorts with a sewn in supporter. I would put my cup in it too. I play hockey free ballin it, I don't think boarding would be much different.
Old     (512boarder)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-20-2004, 8:44 PM Reply   
underarmour compression shorts, they are the solition to all your "ballsmack" problems as me and my friends call it
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-20-2004, 10:39 PM Reply   
Ed Gakic, I know exactly what you are talking about. You arnt the only one bro.
Old    wwsa            08-21-2004, 6:19 AM Reply   
front flips was the worst. The seam in my board shorts would get me. I changed my underwear to boxer briefs and the problem went away about 90% of the time . but of course I also got better and didnt fall as much..
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-21-2004, 8:38 AM Reply   
i heard of some type of tight short called a "scooter"... i think tight unders are the solution... or at least the best we can do besides simply land the trick.
Old    saxosham            08-21-2004, 8:55 AM Reply   
What a load of balls!! Yeah I know all about it kills me when I am trying my front rolls, it happens when I let go with my back hand too early and then it slows my rotation down, and then it's ahhhhhh!!!
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-21-2004, 10:36 AM Reply   
I have a buddy that got "Testicular Torsion"( your testies switch sides in your sack). He landed on his rail while trying a trick. He said it felt like they were in a vise. He had to go to the ER to get them swapped back over.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-21-2004, 2:57 PM Reply   
Actually testicular torsion is when one of the testicles twists on its own cord. It's a medical Emergency if not attended to w/in 6hrs, since you're cutting off the blood supply to one of the "Boys"
Pain ( as your friend described) is usually a HUGE indicator of torsion.
I really don't think you wanna know how they fix it either.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-22-2004, 9:43 PM Reply   
Tried a few backrolls this weekend (got video, came close), and had the two-day twin pains for the first time. Hit a couple times in sort of a sitting position.
Old    anim8or            08-23-2004, 10:42 AM Reply   
I used to hurt them quite a bit, but now that I wear a springsuit or full wetsuit it doesn't happen 1/10th as often.
Old     (wake_boarder49)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-23-2004, 10:52 AM Reply   
my friends brother was fighting with this kid and the kid kicked him in the balls and a pecie of his balls broke off
Old    utlakerider1            08-27-2004, 1:46 PM Reply   
One time at lake powell I tried to double up the Bulllfrog/Halls ferry. It was really bad water and it dropped out on me right before the wake. It snapped into my groin. Hurt for days.