Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (jayroe65)      Join Date: Dec 2008       09-27-2009, 4:08 PM Reply   
so i have been trying a lot of toe 3s everything is good besides the landing. i am landing almost on my butt kind of every time i have the handle and all just not in the right position to land it. I was told to wait longer before i start the spin i did that a couple of times but still same result. that could still be the case but does anyone have any other tips or think they can help. thanks
Old     (scott313)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-27-2009, 5:38 PM Reply   
Try thinking of it as 2 tricks, 180 up 180 down. On the 180 up advance yourself into the handle and pull it to your back hip. On the 180 down flip your wrist over and tuck the handle into your back either passing it or landing wrapped. Good luck!
Old     (jayroe65)      Join Date: Dec 2008       09-27-2009, 8:29 PM Reply   
Cool okay yeah that makes sense. cool thanks man ill try that this week.
Old     (hypedrider7)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-27-2009, 8:46 PM Reply   
Do you mean land on your butt because you were tilted in the air or that you are sliding out on the landing? You may be letting off your edge too much coming into the wake. If you flatten off too much you will leave your weight on your heels on take off and landing. Not allowing you to land with your balance over your toes to edge away from the wake with the handle. If you land too flat with most of your weight on your heels, you will slide out on the landing onto your butt.

(Message edited by hypedrider7 on September 27, 2009)
Old     (jayroe65)      Join Date: Dec 2008       09-27-2009, 9:22 PM Reply   
i am not sliding out i am like tilted. its like i get off axis some how and never get back on axis. and those tips make sense too. thanks

(Message edited by jayroe65 on September 27, 2009)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-27-2009, 9:31 PM Reply   
That pretty much means you are leaving early and not letting yourself fully release from the wake before initiating the spin. Especially TS, the 3 does not require a ton of spin. Make sure you get a nice high pop and initiate the spin with the handle. Spinning off the wake will throw you off axis every time.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       09-27-2009, 10:40 PM Reply   
Not sure if this is the case, but it sounds like it:
Upon landing, don't look at the boat, but look backwards in the direction where you're coming from. I had the same thing all the time, buttchecking and then fall on my back. I kept looking over my shoulder which somehow brought me off axis.
Upload a video if possible.
Old     (jayroe65)      Join Date: Dec 2008       09-28-2009, 6:12 PM Reply   
thanks everyone for the tips all have to give them all a try and see. ill let yall know i am riding thursday.
Old     (czap)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-28-2009, 10:03 PM Reply   
Robby, The biggest thing that helped me with the toe 3 doin it like this... Edge in fairly soft to get some straight up pop with low line tension. Once you pop wait a second then pull the first 180 and get your chest open to the boat, make this like a checkpoint before you start going to 3. Once you get there slightly tug the handle past your new lead hip and start puttin your fore arm into your back, dont worry about the handle pass tell you put the board on the water or you might pass early making you land on your heels and wash out. Then once you land pass the handle into you lead hand and ride away. Another thing, once you get past the first 180 and start going blind to 3 dont look over your shoulder for your landing or you will definetly go off axis.. just look down or back and feel it out, youll know where your at. But mainly dont rush the trick!! its a super slow rotation almost like its slo-mo
Old     (jayroe65)      Join Date: Dec 2008       09-29-2009, 7:56 AM Reply   
Thanks Scoot ill def do that. We need to ride together soon. You riding in the fall brawl?

(Message edited by jayroe65 on September 29, 2009)
Old     (czap)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-29-2009, 11:23 AM Reply   
Nah man i me knee is all busted up right now.. But ill be out there chillin for sure! But yea lmk next time yall head out ill come out and drive and chill.. i need to get on the water