Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (schuey)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-29-2009, 8:38 AM Reply   
I just bought 2 540 Launch Pad Fat Sacs and a Straight Line Uber pump to go in our 2001. However they came without any instructions for some reason...

Can anyone tell me how do you actually work it? I have the pump and on each bag there are 3 connections that it could go into... They all look and feel the same size (2 at one end of the bag, 1 is surrounded by orange graphics and numbers) and one at the other end. Does it matter which one I plug it into?

And how do I reverse the polarity of the pump in order to empty the sacs? I have a few connecters including, 2 black things with screw threads and pointy blue things... I have no idea what any of the connections/blue things do and how to reverse the pump to empty the sacs. I had a quick search to see if there were any instructions online but couldn't see any... Any help much appreciated, thanks!
Old     (schuey)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-29-2009, 9:31 AM Reply   
Don't worry guys! I worked it out! It was so simple I was just looking straight past it!

(Message edited by schuey on August 29, 2009)
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-01-2009, 8:41 AM Reply   
let me know how this pump works out for you. I have the same one and I could never get it not leak. We call it the ghetto pump, it has caulk all over it, wrapped in duct tape, the end broke off so in order to use it we need to hold the bare wires to the battery posts. Oh and still leaks!
Old     (ridetige)      Join Date: Oct 2008       09-01-2009, 2:10 PM Reply   
I went through about 6 of those pumps. I was told they were a bad batch. Kept having to bring back after 1-2 uses. I got an adapter and switched to another brand.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-01-2009, 3:19 PM Reply   
get an adapter and switch to another brand

+2 on the ghetto pump. DUCT TAPE FTW.
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-02-2009, 10:40 AM Reply   
i just bought the tsunami with adapter
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-02-2009, 10:56 AM Reply   
the tsunami is legit, no problems, pretty quick. and easy to use. we fill a 750 lb sac while at the dock, its done by the time my dad parks the truck and we are ready to leave the dock.

the only weird thing, doesnt it make more sense to have the hose go into the water while filling the sac, and having just the pump hang off the side to empty? that way the actual electronics never have to go under water
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-02-2009, 11:49 AM Reply   
You would have to have a reversable pump with a switch for flow direction.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-02-2009, 3:53 PM Reply   
hate n pain, im saying it makes more sense for them to build it from the factory like how i said. not change it to work like that